• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

Teknoman

Wow, nice intro. And you guys were right about the english dub :D

As for the jaggy part, using component cables/progressive scan on a 37in LCD HDTV, and the game looks pretty damn nice. Battle system does feel more involved than XII since you really have to do some positioning for battles similar to XI/XIV for those who played it.

There's never a bad time to post this:

tumblr_lr3pbjJTgQ1qa748ko1_500.png

flyover

As for the jaggy part, using component cables/progressive scan on a 37in LCD HDTV, and the game looks pretty damn nice.

It really does make a huge difference. I started the game with composite cables (on an old 32" LCD), got some component cables ten hours in, and I felt like I was playing a different game. It's nice to be starting this time with the component/progressive combo.

There's never a bad time to post this:

GoodHeavensJustLookAtTheTime.jpg

I love that image. As soon as I got home from GameStop, my wife said those exact words. She knows what's up.

wsippel

Banned
Your computer drive can't read Wii discs!
Some drives can, though:

The following drives are the only known drives that can read Wii discs

Hitachi LG GDR-8161b (IDE)
Hitachi LG GDR-8162b (IDE)
Hitachi LG GDR-8163b (IDE)
Hitachi LG GDR-8164b (IDE)
Hitachi LG GDR-H10NBLK (SATA)
Hitachi LG GDR-8082N - USB SLIM Portable Drive

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Been playing for over an hour, no problems so far. No hiccups. Even with my strange solution for fixing the "unable to read disc error "

English voices are well done

I couldn't find any information on it, but does the special bundle come in a special box, or is it just the game and a separate box for the CC?

Ultratech

Riki: "Riki's Sidekicks do good!"
Shulk: "Teach us, Heropon Riki!"

Yes, show them what the Heropon is capable of!

Seriously though, don't underestimate Riki. Not everyone can down enemies 10+ levels above them like Riki can. (Never a good idea, but funny to do.)

This is pretty funny as well:

Riki: Riki wish Melly was real big sister!
Sharla: Aw... but what about Sharla?
Riki: Sharla like mama. One mama enough.
Sharla: Now you wait just a minute!

Aeana

Done with what I view as the "prologue" of the game, in a much shorter time than my last two plays of the game. Onward to adventure-

anaron

Riki: "Riki's Sidekicks do good!"
Shulk: "Teach us, Heropon Riki!"

Yes, show them what the Heropon is capable of!

Seriously though, don't underestimate Riki. Not everyone can down enemies 10+ levels above them like Riki can. (Never a good idea, but funny to do.)

This is pretty funny as well:

Riki: Riki wish Melly was real big sister!
Sharla: Aw... but what about Sharla?
Riki: Sharla like mama. One mama enough.
Sharla: Now you wait just a minute!

The best character bits in the game come through their interaction in battle. I wish they had expanded that to cutscenes and such.

Muskweeto

Man, I'm loving this game so far. I like the English voices a lot, music's great, battle system is fun as hell and the visuals are more than enough to satisfy me. Can't wait to really get into the bulk of the game.

Anyone else order from nintendo.com (controller + game pack) and is now getting BACKORDERED on their order status page?

Ugh. Maybe I can cancel and just buy it at stupid GameStop?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
6905977236_a091610aab_c.jpg

Aww yeah! It's ripping now, and I should be playing on Dolphin here in the next hour or so!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I didnt expect (big early spoilers)
Fiora to die so soon. At least they didnt pull an Aeris where i gear a character for a good part of the game for nothing. Although i wonder why i see her in the backcover with other characters i have yet to meet... Hmm.

You know what would be hilarious/awesome? If XC sold so well here that there ended up being shortages and a brief increase in Wii system sales.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I didnt expect (big early spoilers)
Fiora to die so soon. At least they didnt pull an Aeris where i gear a character for a good part of the game for nothing. Although i wonder why i see her in the backcover with other characters i have yet to meet... Hmm.

It's just concept art in a location that doesn't even really exist in the game. It's a nice fake out, though, and is just plain pretty to look at.

That cutscene is so great too. Completely took me by surprise the first time around, and one of those big moments that I really hope people playing for the first time haven't been spoiled on. That was when I really knew the game was going to be something special.

TEJ

Some sidequests give good equipment/gems. The ones that just have you kill x enemies usually just give gold.

hmmm.....well, I seem to get decent enough equipment from random loot drops.

I think i'll just skip the sidequests.

Gregorn

do I miss out on good stuff by not doing sidequests? Cause the sidequests aren't that much fun =/

Accept all the quests as you'll likely finish some naturally, but you can skip most and you will be fine. Thankfully the main story is long anyway, so you don't need sidequests to fill time.

Codeblue

hmmm.....well, I seem to get decent enough equipment from random loot drops.

I think i'll just skip the sidequests.

Accept all of them anyway, you'll more than likely complete a ton just running around exploring. You'll want all that extra experience later anyway

Edit: Spiffy is a smart guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Am I doing something wrong?

I'm at
Cellar Bugworm
. I'm a level above it, and I've got decent gear and gems equipped and skills trained. He does way too much damage, and I can't get anywhere near enough party gauge for a chain attack. Shulk's shitty heal isn't cutting it.

Aeana

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm at
Cellar Bugworm
. I'm a level above it, and I've got decent gear and gems equipped and skills trained. He does way too much damage, and I can't get anywhere near enough party gauge for a chain attack. Shulk's shitty heal isn't cutting it.

It's a unique enemy, so it's much tougher than other enemies. The level is deceiving. It's kind of like an elite enemy in WoW.
Unless you did every single sidequest up until that point, the odds of you being able to beat it right when you first encounter it are slim.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's a unique enemy, so it's much tougher than other enemies. The level is deceiving. It's kind of like an elite enemy in WoW.
Unless you did every single sidequest up until that point, the odds of you being able to beat it right when you first encounter it are slim.

I've beaten all the other unique enemies up to this point. How am I supposed to get past him then? He's right in the way and has the eyeball aggro icon.

Aeana

I've beaten all the other unique enemies up to this point. How am I supposed to get past him then? He's right in the way and has the eyeball aggro icon.

There's a side path just before you get out into the big room where he is that takes you up and over him. But also, the eyeball means he aggros on sight, so you can slip around to the left and he won't see you.

dralla

All the items I pick up, sell them? Some of them say things like "can be used as armor" so I'm not sure if I should be getting rid of stuff like that

So what's the final verdict gents? CCPro or Wagglemote? I've never actually used my CCPro (still in its anti-static wrap lol) so that is certainly tempting, but seeing Klepeck effortlessly sorting through the special abilities while he was running looks pretty darn nice. Is there a general consensus?

Top Bottom