• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade |OT| Sorry I Kept You Waiting!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I tried doing this with my PC but the FPS was awful and the sound was messed up so I just gave up and played it on my Wii :(

My FPS is very stable - I'm at 98-100% speed... ~98% of the time ;p

But yeah, my sound is giving me some trouble. I'm gonna do what I can to fix it, as it looks absolutely gorgeous, and I have no desire playing a jaggy mess of a game on my TV when I have this at my disposal.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the game looked fine on my TV, but the fact it's a plasma probably helps a lot.

I'll probably replay it on Dolphin though. While running it to my TV. Should look pretty nice.

ivysaur12

Banned
6906291550_2c15b6a364_c.jpg

jamesfranco-sogood.gif

Sex.

Between this and Kid Icarus my Nintendo boner has been at maximum efficiency for the past few weeks. This game is absolutely amazing.

frequency

The excitement is contagious. I think I'll start a second playthrough even though I have like 6 other games going at the moment and a huge backlog.

The game looks fine to me on my TV. But then I still regularly play PS2 games so I guess it's not as jarring for me as other people who've consistently been on HD consoles.

I want to check out this English dub people have been raving about.

Teknoman

Fuck me, the graphics...

I don't know if I can do this.

God, this game looks like garbage on my LCD. I'm loving the game, but the image quality is sooo poor (I have component cables). I blame my monitor more than the game/Wii.

How big are your displays?
Do you have the Wii set to progressive scan? (i'm sure you guys do, but I just cant see how someone could think the game looks like garbage :p)

The excitement is contagious. I think I'll start a second playthrough even though I have like 6 other games going at the moment and a huge backlog.

The game looks fine to me on my TV. But then I still regularly play PS2 games so I guess it's not as jarring for me as other people who've consistently been on HD consoles.

I dunno, i've just been on PS3 and 3DS for the last week or so, and the game doesnt look unbearably bad or anything.

Gravijah

xenoblade comes out, i go the store and buy it... and then my wii gets knocked off the shelf and now the disc drive is broken.

yayyyyy!

edit: YES I GOT IT OUT THANK THE GODS.

JimboJones

Think I will try and finish this game, Skyward Sword and 3DS distracted me at Xmas and I havn't played it in a while.

Decided to also install homebrew again and get the USB loader up and running, noise reduction, convenience and load speed improvments are quite nice :D. Should have done this ages ago.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
xenoblade comes out, i go the store and buy it... and then my wii gets knocked off the shelf and now the disc drive is broken.

yayyyyy!

Wow... awwwww =(

You definitely have a worse problem then what I got. Nintendo believes my problem does not sound as though my disc is defective. I guess I've got a dirty laser(giggity)

Owzers

God, this game looks like garbage on my LCD. I'm loving the game, but the image quality is sooo poor (I have component cables). I blame my monitor more than the game/Wii.

EDIT: Should I sell or keep collectables/materials? Is there anything I should avoid selling that isn't obvious?

edit 2: the question has already been asked and answered already

That's my general feeling too, it's giving me a headache looking at this game on my LCD tv.

I'm also not sold on the battle system with the arts bar on the bottom. That might grow on me though. I like the music a lot at least. And Shulk is a weird name for the main guy, do these people not read marvel comics and know shulk is the short version for She Hulk? that's all i can think about when playing the game.

Anybody know when the people who ordered it from Nintendo will be getting this? Nintendo just charged my card today the amount, but I don't think it's shipped.

frequency

The English dub is going to take some getting used to...

It's not bad or anything. It's just... so weird after getting used to the Japanese voices.
Shulk actually sounds like an adult.

How big are your displays?
Do you have the Wii set to progressive scan? (i'm sure you guys do, but I just cant see how someone could think the game looks like garbage :p)

32", and no I don't have the Wii set to 480p, I'm using standard A/V cables. =/ I used to have a set of components but I traded them in when I swapped my white Wii in for a fresh black one. This is actually the first time I've turned the black Wii on. I bought it when they came out, heh.

I'm thinking of buying some new components for this and The Last Story, but ugh, I wish I could just use Dolphin. I have no tolerance for tinkering though and I want everything to work 100%. And I have a Mac. FML

Mikey Jr.

You know, when I first popped the game in, my first reaction was

"The fuck is with the British accents? This is going to get annoying quickly"

But you know what? I like them. Its something new. I havent played many games where all the characters have different accents other than American. Definitely a nice change of pace.

Tunic

You know, when I first popped the game in, my first reaction was

"The fuck is with the British accents? This is going to get annoying quickly"

But you know what? I like them. Its something new. I havent played many games where all the characters have different accents other than American. Definitely a nice change of pace.

I agree, I am enjoying the British accents too. It is definitely not cheesy. I also see they have spelt words with British English too. I am enjoying this game immensely!

32", and no I don't have the Wii set to 480p, I'm using standard A/V cables. =/ I used to have a set of components but I traded them in when I swapped my white Wii in for a fresh black one. This is actually the first time I've turned the black Wii on. I bought it when they came out, heh.

I'm thinking of buying some new components for this and The Last Story, but ugh, I wish I could just use Dolphin. I have no tolerance for tinkering though and I want everything to work 100%. And I have a Mac. FML

Good component cables make a world of difference.

Aeana

I just started. I was surprised to see that there was an option for Japanese voice, which is great.

That's the reason why the game is dual layer and will cause problems for a portion of the people who want to play it. (Wii drive lasers have trouble with those kinds of discs.)

I want to give this a shot on Dolphin, with a i7 920 and 12 GB of RAM, should I be ok? My GPU is kind of aged (GTX 285), but Dolphin is mostly CPU intensive, right?

Should I be alright? This hi-res pack jingles my jongles pretty well.

Also is there a way to get my save from the Wii to Dolphin? I'd hate to restart if I have to.

Muskweeto

I agree, I am enjoying the British accents too. It is definitely not cheesy. I also see they have spelt words with British English too. I am enjoying this game immensely!
I'm a bit of an Anglophile and love British TV so I'm loving the English localization. I wouldn't mind if more games came out there first just for the dub.

And holy monkeys, I'm only level 14 and I just saw a level 72 monster! That's insane.

Rebel Leader

That's the reason why the game is dual layer and will cause problems for a portion of the people who want to play it. (Wii drive lasers have trouble with those kinds of discs.)

So I guess I need a new Wii? Even though it plays SSBB fine.

frequency

Both Shulk and Reyn have infinitely more personality with the English dub than the generic Japanese VO. I thought it'd take me longer to get to it since I spent about a hundred hours with the Japanese, but I think I already prefer them.

raven777

which particular Wiis have problem with the game? or is it just random?
My friend's Wii was the very first one, and it seems its fine running xenoblade, except there are a lot of disc reading sounds. Is it gonna freeze/or have problems later?

Aeana

which particular Wiis have problem with the game? or is it just random?

It isn't random, it's after laser wear. Most of the people who have trouble with it are people who have already subjected their drive to many hours of SSBB, which is another dual layer game.

Muskweeto

So I guess I need a new Wii? Even though it plays SSBB fine.

I think the disc reading error is a problem with older Wiis, I know a lot of people who have had problems with dual layered discs with the older ones, it happened to me too so I ended up buying a newer black one. Do you have an older Wii?

Or perhaps the newer ones just haven't had enough use to wear down the laser yet.

Rebel Leader

I think the disc reading error is a problem with older Wiis, I know a lot of people who have had problems with dual layered discs with the older ones, it happened to me too so I ended up buying a newer black one. Do you have an older Wii?

Trying to remember when I got it....

I believe it was when the Wii was selling like hot cakes

tim.mbp

Debating if I should pull an all night play marathon. I've got nothing to do tomorrow, except eat and sleep. Leftover pizza is in the fringe for snacking too.

Teknoman

Thats probably why. Everything looks busted on modern displays via composite. Gotta snag some component cables if you cant get Dolphin running.

EDIT: Ether = Magic strength and Agilty = Movement speed, or dodge?

Rebel Leader

I'd say there's a new Wii is in your future, unless you want to try the USB loader thing.

Sorry. :(

If I knew this.... I wouldn't gave gotten the Turtle Beach PX21... and would of used that money to get a black wii

EDIT:Since I am unemployed and my mom is the only source of income.. How can I tell her that the laser can't read xenoblade but can read SSBB... she knows they are both dual layered and she thinks xenoblade is defective (and so did I)

Top Bottom