• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

Akhe

Its PS2-era trash tier, especially the graphics.

11169885_838248129567674_2693777740691060391_n.jpg

Chaos17

From Hanamaya stream, it seems you can continue to do sidequests in post game when you finished the game. That's a good thing to know. But looking at how he is dressing now his characters, I guess he doesn't really care now if he gonna take down some big monsters. (ーー;)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
From Hanamaya stream, it seems you can continue to do sidequests in post game when you finished the game. That's a good thing to know. But looking at how he is dressing now his characters, I guess he doesn't really care now if he gonna take down some big monsters. (ーー;)

Naked and afraid?

Chaos17

I want to know if there is any secret characters you can recruit, besides the DLC ones.

Dificult to say because most of the streamers don't do a lot of side quests.
For example, I didn't saw Doug in any streams (maybe I missed it?) or the second blond girl that we saw in the videos.

random25

Wow...just watched hamayama's team in dolls get rekt by no-mech aliens lol. Seems that difficulty can be deceiving in this game, and I like it lol.

Fandangox

Zero²;162080005 said:
Ha, almost saw the spoiler, but I closed my eyes before reading it all uff
I know the big middle game spoiler but I want to keep the ending generally unknown :p

Do not repeat my life's mistakes friend

Zero²;162080005 said:
Ha, almost saw the spoiler, but I closed my eyes before reading it all uff
I know the big middle game spoiler but I want to keep the ending generally unknown :p

I keep forgetting to check the threads I'm in when I open all my subscribed threads. Saw the first few words before nopeing out and think I spoiled myself on something big again.

Not gonna lie. Kinda disappointed that you can't swap things between presets. Like it seemed like each preset doesn't have full access to all the options from every other preset, like hair styles. Or swap eyes/other features between them. Thought it was going to be more in depth with being able to have full custom control over the fine details, not just a bunch of presets with some options. Unless I'm mistaken.

Guess it will keep me from spending an entire day making my character though.

RagnarokX

Monolith said that once you beat the game you unlock "fashion equipment" which allows you to equip the appearance of armor you like without actually equipping that armor.

TheMoon

In a new game+, no ?
But that's cool if it's unlock in post game.

So far, there is no NG+ (or at least no info about it). You just keep playing. So it makes sense that fashion equipment unlocks then, especially since it auto-unlocks by buying any of the DLC.

Klyka

Banned
Hm, I just read that the story of the game (no content spoilers)
doesn't actually properly "end" the game, but just finished the immediate story and then you just keep playing with a "the story never ends" beforehand. I don't think I like that, I loved how Xenoblade Chronicles was a specific story with a definitive beginning and end.

doesn't actually properly "end" the game, but just finished the immediate story and then you just keep playing with a "the story never ends" beforehand. I don't think I like that, I loved how Xenoblade Chronicles was a specific story with a definitive beginning and end.

I heard it was more to do with
XCX being Mono's umpteenth attempt at doing the 6 part Xenogears Perfect Works saga...with XCX acting as Episode 1.

Vena

There are no content spoilers below:
The story ends like the closing of a book, but that doesn't mean that everything gets resolved in a neat bow like in Xenoblade where you restart everything. So the game continues on after you've ended the story.

Think about it in terms of Red Dead Redemption, the story ends and the game continues on.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Not gonna lie. Kinda disappointed that you can't swap things between presets. Like it seemed like each preset doesn't have full access to all the options from every other preset, like hair styles. Or swap eyes/other features between them. Thought it was going to be more in depth with being able to have full custom control over the fine details, not just a bunch of presets with some options. Unless I'm mistaken.

Guess it will keep me from spending an entire day making my character though.

Yeah, that was a huge disappointment.

I wanted a particular face option, but didn't like the hair styles that were available for it, so I ended up going with something else. Seems like a weird technical limitation if it is one.

Honestly, I think the character models in this game, especially the females, are extremely unattractive and somewhat off-putting, but that's more of an art direction thing.

Can you adjust the eye size?

No. There is very little room for detailed customization.

Vena

Honestly, I think the character models in this game, especially the females, are extremely unattractive and somewhat off-putting, but that's more of an art direction thing.

They'd look 2000% better on the PS4 with more polygons.

Chaos17

Yeah, that was a huge disappointment.

I wanted a particular face option, but didn't like the hair styles that were available for it, so I ended up going with something else. Seems like a weird technical limitation if it is one.

You will be able to redesign you haracter a bit later in the game if it still doesn't suit you :)
I saw some good guys designs in this thread.

RagnarokX

I'll be honest, I don't even know what that means XD

Monolith originally envisioned Xenogears as a 6-part series, but they were forced to abandon it when they left Square. They then envisioned Xenosaga as a 6-part series but only made it to part 3.

Chaos17

Monolith originally envisioned Xenogears as a 6-part series, but they were forced to abandon it when they left Square. They then envisioned Xenosaga as a 6-part series but only made it to part 3.

I wonder if they've the same ambiton for Xenoblade.
I will be happy to play some expansions or sequels with my character.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
They'd look 2000% better on the PS4 with more polygons.

Is this sarcasm? I can't tell anymore.

I don't agree with that at all.

Obviously the models are far less sophisticated, but I actually prefer the look they went with in Xenosaga II and even the original Xenoblade.

This looks like more of a return to the weird doll faces of the original Xenosaga and the additional detail actually makes them even more disturbing in my opinion.

Just to confirm because of the stuff I'm reading on this page is a bit confusing... The game has a real definitive ending and credits, right? It just (no story spoilers)
lets you keep playing after you beat it?

OmegaDL50

So what your trying to say is

867yAHN.jpg

You can't take this preset change the eye shape, throw on some glasses as an accessory and make a Yu Narukami clone?

Your saying the customization of presets is THAT limited?

TheMoon

Just to confirm because of the stuff I'm reading on this page is a bit confusing... The game has a real definitive ending and credits, right? It just (no story spoilers)
lets you keep playing after you beat it?

Yes of course?! Why wouldn't it?! What's with all these story concerns!?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yes of course?! Why wouldn't it?! What's with all these story concerns!?

This game looks like a MMORPG. I am unfamiliar with that genre, it is my assumption that those types of games don't have story conclusions and credits. It's logical to question whether this game is similar in that regard.

I think I just misread what someone said about it not being like the first Xenoblade with a beginning and ending. But I think the person just meant it doesn't
end the game completely when you beat it and just puts you back in a "story keeps going on afterwards" type of thing.

Thanks. :)

That sounds good to me. :)

So I saw that someone beat the game in 54 hours? How long did it take for some people to beat the first Xenoblade?

TheMoon

This game looks like a MMORPG. I am unfamiliar with that genre, it is my assumption that those types of games don't have story conclusions and credits. It's logical to question whether this game is similar in that regard.

This game is not an MMO. A glance at the OP should easily clear that up.

That sounds good to me. :)

So I saw that someone beat the game in 54 hours? How long did it take for some people to beat the first Xenoblade?

That person was rushing through the main story quests. This game has more content than Xenoblade, which was a 100h+ game.

Top Bottom