• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Chaos17

Well it is an alien companion, just one you already had in your party all along :D

50c56b2063ce40ce.gif

OmegaDL50

Lvl 99 has been seen and apparently
in the postgame you unlock quests to get super weapons and such for your Dolls so you can fight those kind of enemies

I can't wait to see some challenge done by some player that tries to kill these
super enemies
without using any skells. I wonder if such a thing is possible
or having those super weapons a necessity.

Kureransu

Lol at the last 2 pages looking like level 5 classified documents. So has there been a LTTP Xenoblade Chronicles thread made yet? Are people just piggybacking off the 3d thread? I'm about to start it, and it'll be nice to post about it with fellow gaffers finally jumping in to quell the hype of the successor for the time being. It's sad I bought the game over 2 years ago, and have never popped i in.

Klyka

Banned
I can't wait to see some challenge done by some player that tries to kill these super enemies without using any skells. I wonder if such a thing is possible
or having those super weapons a necessity.

Apparently (gameplay related spoilers inside)
Your party can actually only reach lvl 60 as their max level. You literally need Dolls to fight the bigger enemies, they will pretty much one shot any non doll and also you need to have your dolls up to high levels by giving them strong and rare to find/build parts. So you'll need lvl 90+ doll parts to fight the huge super enemies

TheMoon

Guys, if you want to discuss serious spoilers, make a spoiler thread.

Hello. Sorry to ask but SPOILERS

SPOILER] can you get to use DOLLS/SKELLS early on the game?[/SPOILER]

Why did you spoiler tag this? You have to unlock Dolls which happens a few chapters in.

Lol at the last 2 pages looking like level 5 classified documents. So has there been a LTTP Xenoblade Chronicles thread made yet? Are people just piggybacking off the 3d thread? I'm about to start it, and it'll be nice to post about it with fellow gaffers finally jumping in to quell the hype of the successor for the time being. It's sad I bought the game over 2 years ago, and have never popped i in.

There have been LTTP threads for Xenoblade every couple of months. I think Neiteio's was the most recent before X3D came out.

I really wish someone would make a separate spoiler thread. >.>

I want to check out the OT on occasion since I'm curious about general impressions, but every page is littered with spoiler bars.

Neiteio

I really want to slow-pimp down the street now. That's where you walk sideways and go "uh uh yeah uh yeah."

But that's how you get SHOT.

Neiteio

That's crazy if this is in the Metroid universe, although it's still not clear if that's actually Samus' gunship... although that's quite clearly a Chozo statue at the altar. When Shulk's son finds it at the end and realizes where they really are, though... Holy shit. Hype at maximum. Can't believe they managed to link everything together. Thought they were entirely separate.[/spioler]

Fandangox

That's crazy if this is in the Metroid universe, although it's still not clear if that's actually Samus' gunship... although that's quite clearly a Chozo statue at the altar. When Shulk's son finds it at the end and realizes where they really are, though... Holy shit. Hype at maximum. Can't believe they managed to link everything together. Thought they were entirely separate.[/spioler]
latest

Neiteio

Yeah, not clicking on that link. Although I don't think it'll ruin the game or anything. It's about the journey, not the destination, maaan.

TheMoon

The irony here is the song you link to is more or less a blatant reuse of a Led Zeppelin song. Or is that supposed to be the joke here?

That wasn't meant to be the joke, no. At least Jimmy Page worked on that version, too. You went too deep, the joke was quite shallow :D

Neiteio

That's sort of my thought. Also, I'm weak.
For some reason, I'm able to resist this time. Last time I indulged in spoilers was the bosses in Bloodborne. Had to see each and every one of them as soon as they were shown on the Internet. Still enjoyed fighting them just as much, so it's all good!

ivysaur12

Banned
For some reason, I'm able to resist this time. Last time I indulged in spoilers was the bosses in Bloodborne. Had to see each and every one of them as soon as they were shown on the Internet. Still enjoyed fighting them just as much, so it's all good!

Also, ENDGAME SPOILERS, SURE
I don't know a lick of Japanese, but I've seen elsewhere reported there are multiple endings? I could see that, given what that seemed like?

OmegaDL50

I'm imagining a long string of Norio Wakamoto style evil laughter after this post.

Nanashrew

Banned
Somehow I've been able to resist clicking on any of the spoilers here. I'm the curious type too. Like, normally I can get super, super curious about things like a cat or a dog and I just have to know something. But surprisingly I haven't done any of that.

Tyeforce

I'm avoiding spoilers, but I'd like to know this so I can keep my expectations in check: Are there any deeper connections to the original Xenoblade Chronicles than just little cameos like the Monado hairpins or returning stuff like the Nopon? I know it's been stated that it doesn't follow the previous game at all, but I wasn't sure if that could be believed 100%... If the stories were connected indirectly in some way, that would be awesome.

Also, are there pictures of the various sets of armor (or lack thereof, lol) from the game yet?
I must know what the male swimsuits look like in this game, lol.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Somehow I've been able to resist clicking on any of the spoilers here. I'm the curious type too. Like, normally I can get super, super curious about things like a cat or a dog and I just have to know something. But surprisingly I haven't done any of that.
I've actually developed at habit of just clicking spoiler tags because most of the time they're used for jokes, I've had to stop myself from just casually spoiling myself numerous times without thinking.

ksamedi

I think the music is better than Xenoblade. Which confirms for me that this game ups Xenoblade in every possible way. This is going to consume my life when it comes out.

Fandangox

I've actually developed at habit of just clicking spoiler tags because most of the time they're used for jokes, I've had to stop myself from just casually spoiling myself numerous times without thinking.

This is why I edited my post, and also because I might entice some people who did not want to by just putting it there lol

Top Bottom