• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XenobladeX |Import OT| Discovery of Superb View: http://youtu.be/HgIXNOEv_40

Klyka

Banned
That sounds good to me. :)

So I saw that someone beat the game in 54 hours? How long did it take for some people to beat the first Xenoblade?

My friend beat the first xenoblade without doing a single sidequest in 57 hours. I did all sidequests and 100% the game and it took 180+ hours.

So, yeah.

Chaos17

So what your trying to say is

867yAHN.jpg

You can't take this preset change the eye shape, throw on some glasses as an accessory and make a Yu Narukami clone?

Your saying the customization of presets is THAT limited?

Yeah, it seems that every preset has it owns customisations that other preset don't share. But I only noticed that for the hairstyles because not every streamer tried every presets to see what difference they had between each of them.

stop worrying about completion time, day 1 players probably won't be like the average player for better or worse and this game is long enough

I wonder if someone's speedrunning this already

Yeah, it seems that every preset has it owns customisations that other preset don't share. But I only noticed that for the hairstyles because not every streamer tried every presets to see what difference they had between each of them.

To me it looks like each preset offers limited further customization. You can't change shape of the face, eyes, nose or mouth. You can choose a hairstyle, but each preset has a limited set of choices. Beyond that it's only skin colour, eye colour, hair colour, makeup and stuff like that you can change. Definitely quite a limited character creator.

spekkeh

Banned
stop worrying about completion time, day 1 players probably won't be like the average player for better or worse and this game is long enough

I've been worrying that completion time is way too long. I got burned out by Xenoblade before the midway point. So here's hoping 54 hours is a long playthrough.

TheMoon

I've been worrying that completion time is way too long. I got burned out by Xenoblade before the midway point. So here's hoping 54 hours is a long playthrough.

It isn't. This is rushing through everything, like I said before. The main story content is a bit shorter according to Takahashi in the Iwata Asks but the overall content surpasses Xenoblade by a lot.

Netto-kun

11 hours into the game and reached chapter 4 so far. So far my main annoyances with the game are:

1. I play on a 1080p 32" LCD TV and sit 2-3 meters away and still find the in-game text really tiny.
2. I have a rather slow connection, so from time to time I randomly get disconnected from the in-game online element. Either I am completely blind or I can't find an in-game option for reconnecting. So the only option I figured out is to save the game and return back to the title screen to trigger the reconnection.
3. Not really such a big deal, but might be worth mentioning. Whenever I get disconnected from the online element (while Nintendo Network and Internet still work perfectly fine) a "You have been disconnected" message pops up and completely stops the gameplay until I press the OK button. I wouldn't mind if they worked on a patch so that the message shows up on the top or bottom of the TV screen rather than as a pop-up. Hell, the online/offline message is already located on the top left part, so why not?

Anyway, back to more playing after I have gotten some food. I didn't take too many screens other than uh...these.

To me it looks like each preset offers limited further customization. You can't change shape of the face, eyes, nose or mouth. You can choose a hairstyle, but each preset has a limited set of choices. Beyond that it's only skin colour, eye colour, hair colour, makeup and stuff like that you can change. Definitely quite a limited character creator.

They added character customization like halfway through the development so really I'm not expecting a lot from this feature.

Diffense

Zero²;162067306 said:
So someone finally started ripping some songs from the streams ~

UH UH YEAAAH Damn after 1:16 this one is so goooood :)

Best song in the game AKA BLADE Headquarters

Primordia Day theme

He is playing with fire really, Sawano songs are known for being incredibly heavy copyrighted, but we will see. Anyway I thank him a lot, because I needed this on my life (since I cant play the game) T_T

I love "Uncontrollable" (The overed battle theme).
It starts at about 1:15 in the video below but doesn't go on long enough to hear the vocal part:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnauc1GMMaU
If anyone finds the complete think link me!

Apparently Wir fliegen plays when you don O.C gear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDQEViDzMX4

I'm liking the vocals. It gives the game's music a different feel.

demonkaze

So I think i'm going to bite the bullet and import this along with a Japanese Wii U (hopefully the bundle if its available still), where is the best place to get this, shipping to the UK (as fast as possible lol). Was wondering whats the odds of this getting a Summer release though, because if its out that soon, I dont think its worth importing for one game, fall however is a different beast.

Diffense

Thanks for posting the miiverse pics. I'm too scared of spoilers to go looking for them myself. Game looks really good.

shaki123

I would love to see some footage of rain/storm. I have seen some of it, but too little for my liking. Can anyone hook me up?

Neiteio

Still can't believe Nintendo posted this on twitter:

CDtEJ0wWYAAe7sj.jpg

Doesn't this sound closer than we might think?
Not so fast, Eager McBeaver

If it was that close, don't you think we would've saw an English-language build in the recent Direct/Treehouse Live?

I'm thinking the earliest it might come out is the end of summer. But they could easily position this as a tentpole holiday release.

I want it ASAP, though ;_;

Hiltz

Sounds more like a holiday release, but maybe as early as October me thinks. Nintendo still hasn't told us when other games are coming out such as Star Fox, Devil's Third or Fatal Frame. Maybe one of those games will be an August release.

Neiteio

Sounds more like a holiday release, but maybe as early as October me thinks. Nintendo still hasn't told us when other games are coming out such as Star Fox, Devil's Third or Fatal Frame. Maybe one of those games will be an August release.
If I had to guess, Yoshi's Wooly World will be the August release for America since Europe is getting it in June. Then Mario Maker in September. Fatal Frame will be a September or October title because HALLOWEEN! Devil's Third seems like an October title, a feather-in-hat gesture to the hardcore, similar to Bayonetta 2. And Star Fox could very well be a November title alongside Xenoblade Chronicles X. Double down on the sci-fi! They'll be different enough in style and gameplay to coexist, methinks.

demonkaze

So I think i'm going to bite the bullet and import this along with a Japanese Wii U (hopefully the bundle if its available still), where is the best place to get this, shipping to the UK (as fast as possible lol). Was wondering whats the odds of this getting a Summer release though, because if its out that soon, I dont think its worth importing for one game, fall however is a different beast.

Been looking at Amazon (via Tenso I assume) and Nin-Nin (not sure how reliable), what would be the fastest out of these and are there any better alternatives?

Vena

Nah, game is too short. This is disc compression technology from the PS1 FMV era, you'd think Nintendo and Monolith would have caught up by now. But PS2 era graphics demand PS1 era disc compression.

I'm amazed they even managed shadows.

Hiltz

If I had to guess, Yoshi's Wooly World will be the August release for America since Europe is getting it in June. Then Mario Maker in September. Fatal Frame will be a September or October title because HALLOWEEN! Devil's Third seems like an October title, a feather-in-hat gesture to the hardcore, similar to Bayonetta 2. And Star Fox could very well be a November title alongside Xenoblade Chronicles X. Double down on the sci-fi! They'll be different enough in style and gameplay to coexist, methinks.

Could be. At least we won't have to wait too long to get a better idea of what's coming when.

Chaos17

You have actually seen her in every single video and almost every picture of the game: It's Elma.

Metamorphose ?!
Lmao, that's an hardcore metamorphose, lol
Make me wish that we could make a difference race now, though

Pons

Neo Member
annnndddd time to abandon thread due to my own weakness to not spoil myself, if I lurk I will cave lol

Nanashrew

Banned
I really hope someone uploads the music from Sylvalum. I want to listen to more of that track outside of the short sample found on YouTube.

OmegaDL50

So many black bars asking me to click them. :(

I know it's dangerous to browse this topic.

I'm going to bail out soon and just play Xenoblade and actually beat it this time.

I got as far as the Eryth Sea and stopped for some reason.

I should be able to beat it before XCX comes out.

Top Bottom