• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenus 2: White Gold & The Precursors |Double OT| Ukrainian Open World FPSRPG Heaven

morningbus said:
Is there a group actively working on improving the English translation? I'm enjoying this game so much, I'd like to contribute to it in some way.
Yes, that translation guy. Wesp. It sounds like he is working with GFI on making his changes into the official patch now with the next one.

"It was renamed from Unofficial English Translation Patch to Unofficial Patch because it works on both Russian and English versions of the game. In fact it is planned that the next official patch for the English version from GFI will be based on it, so please report any critical issues, mission bugs or other suggestions."

eXistor

I just sprung for Precursors. I can't believe I had never heard about these games before, they're just about everything I want in games. I tried a bit of the game just now and I already like it. I'm probably gonna jump in the deep end tomorrow, see where it gets me.

eXistor said:
I just sprung for Precursors. I can't believe I had never heard about these games before, they're just about everything I want in games. I tried a bit of the game just now and I already like it. I'm probably gonna jump in the deep end tomorrow, see where it gets me.

Probably drunk and/or addicted to some sort of substance, knowing Precursors! :D

corporateslave

Neo Member
Thanks for the tips morningbus. I found the buggy integral to survival. I am now scraping by but my getting better at surviving. Very fun game and I haven't even started on the space portions yet.

eXistor

I've been playing Precursors all day. Once I found the sound fix I was set to go! This game is everything I hoped it would be. The graphics are actually quite nice I think and I just love being able to go about my own business. Sure there's the aforementioned jankiness, but it's to be expected in game like this, you just accept it and latch on to the good stuff, which this game is overflowing with. It has a decent amount of charm as well, it's just very unique in its own way. Now, back to the game!

I finally jumped on Precursors since it's on sale. It seems pretty cool so far, except for that English voice acting... I need to try installing the Russian voices and see how that is.

So, updated the sound files and whatnot for Precursors. But I have a problem: the game won't save!

When in the game I can quick save/quick load and that works fine. But when I go to the actual save menu it freezes up, and when I try to load a game there are no files.

Can anyone help me with this? Maybe send me a save file near the start of the game and see if that works?

Precursors on sale at gamersgate for $15

Was gonna buy anyway but that sped it up at such a price.

Really was after xenus 2 though missed the earlier sale.

bengraven

Oneiroscope said:
Yes, that translation guy. Wesp. It sounds like he is working with GFI on making his changes into the official patch now with the next one.

"It was renamed from Unofficial English Translation Patch to Unofficial Patch because it works on both Russian and English versions of the game. In fact it is planned that the next official patch for the English version from GFI will be based on it, so please report any critical issues, mission bugs or other suggestions."

This makes me happy.

Moobabe

cleveridea said:
Precursors on sale at gamersgate for $15

Was gonna buy anyway but that sped it up at such a price.

Really was after xenus 2 though missed the earlier sale.

Xenus is the one to get? I've kept my eye on these at a distance but was never sure what the consensus was.

Moobabe said:
Xenus is the one to get? I've kept my eye on these at a distance but was never sure what the consensus was.

I just like the idea of the tropical setting (rather than any technical reason)!

Vlodril

Got precursors. Bit rough but like it alot so far. Unfortunately there is no help to be found with some questions or quests on the net. I have forgotten how it feels not to have every answer in your fingertips :p

Anyone can help me with how do you change missiles in the ship if you have multiple missiles in the hold?

Flunkie

Banned
I gave up on these fuckers long ago after still wrestling with the game files and sound and stuff. Has there been any new fan patches since "the craze?"

yeah, I'm reading that some people see it at $7.50, but for me it is always $15. maybe it's a daily deal that's gone off too early for them?

So, Precursors doesn't work. It freezes before starting at the loading screen. I hear an intro video playing, but it's stuck at the loading screen.

are there specific patches and fixes I'm not aware of?

Flunkie

Banned
Any new updates or fixes or patches for these babies? Need some more crap to waste my time getting frustrated on.

Is it possible to purchase this game (digital distribution) anymore? Gamergate links no longer work, it's not available on the Beam dog store, etc.

What happened to this game? Can we all jointly KickStart this, hire some people to fix bugs and have it re released on steam/ps4/xbox one?

Top Bottom