• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z |OT| Hobo Raiden's Bizarre Revengeance

R0ckman

Was this "shitty" to anyone when the game was first revealed? Where all we heard from the main character was "I'm coming for you... RYU!!!"

What the fuck happened in between then and when we got this new personality for the main character?

ArjanN

Was this "shitty" to anyone when the game was first revealed? Where all we heard from the main character was "I'm coming for you... RYU!!!"

What the fuck happened in between then and when we got this new personality for the main character?

?

His personality seems pretty consistent since the initial reveal.

He's basically a bad guy, which is kind of interesting.

So, Metal Gear Rising?

Well, the cyborg ninja part. The zombie outbreak and Ryu being the main antagonist not so much. Although it would have been fun to slice up Solid Snake at the end of Revengeance. :p

Its not a noteworthy feat or accomplishment to make something better than NG3 y'know.

Regardless ill be checking this one out, if just to come to my own opinion on it.

But not day 1, probably on a steam sale or something.

R0ckman

For a bargain bin game NG3 is acceptable on its own. When comparable to the others it is garbage but I got amusement out of fighting whiny deluded soldiers who thought you were more monstrous than them. I remember breaking down with laughter when you kill that one priest towards the end of the game and he claims you are a monster while looking like your stereotypical cult baddie ooozing of evil, I will never forget that scene.

Ninja Dom

Keiji Inafune (Mega Man, Onimusha, and Dead Rising creator) is also backing this

Keiji Inafune designed the main character, Yaiba!!

Yosuke Hayashi / Team NINJA Producer said:
Yaiba is a new member in the Team NINJA universe, but his creator is undoubtedly Keiji Inafune. When thinking about the future of Yaiba, Inafune-san is absolutely necessary.

Some Miss Monday, the lead female who advises Yaiba throughout the game.

character-miss-monday.jpg

CaButler52bc47fc08e4et.jpg

ahh Jessica Nigri!

yummy

The first Team Ninja/NG game ever released for the PC/Steam and they choose this one instead of NGB or NG2 (360 version could've been easily ported to the PC) to introduce the franchise to PC-only gamers?

Still getting it day 1, it should probably run well on my crap laptop at 900p given that it's using UE3. Unless it has shitty optimization like Thief.

Some of the gifs/screenshots of the game in this thread remind me of more stylized Borderlands 2, which also employs those black outlines drawn around characters/objects.

Amon37

Are people just bashing this game because it has the ninja gaiden name attached to it?

I just watched the weapons video in OP and it looks just as good if not better than the suda 51 games ive played on ps3 since it seems to be the same style.

Oh my god, this game looks so dumb but so much fun....Why must this come out on the same day as Metal Gear and so close to InFamous....Will wait!!

labaronx

this and south park on ps3

infamous and ground zeroes and stealth inc on ps4

final fantasy 10/10-2 he and steamworld dig on vita

means crazy gaming vacation come Friday

eso76

Are people just bashing this game because it has the ninja gaiden name attached to it?

I just watched the weapons video in OP and it looks just as good if not better than the suda 51 games ive played on ps3 since it seems to be the same style.

Yeah, well I think attaching ng name to this was a mistake.
If this was a new IP gaf would be all over it: videos show a number of nice clever ideas.
Though i can't decide whether ng's affiliation can hurt the game more than it can bring it at least a little popularity.

Comparing a NG game to the garbage Suda puts out is exactly why some people are bashing this game.

Ninja Dom

Three main things:

Developer track record
Main look of the game
Ninja Gaiden 3

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Three main things:

Developer track record
Main look of the game
Ninja Gaiden 3

For me with those 3 things:

After Lost Planet 3 Spark Unlimited totally redeemed themselves, loved that game.

Game looks fine, at least it's doing something different in that department, looks imaginitive, creative and silly to me
Haiyashis not involved so it can't be as bad as Ninja Gaiden 3, it just fucking can't plus it's not trying to be a 'true' NG sequel anyway.

Eggbok

I feel like this is TN's version of Lolipop Chainsaw

- Similar visual style
- Action/Adventure with mostly zombie enemies
- Jessica Nigri

Haunted

I remember liking their ideas and the direction they were taking from the first couple trailers.

Since then.... everything I've seen of the game has me hyped less and less.

Loved LP3 because you had insanely low expectations and it managed to not be a complete and utter disaster or because it was legit good?
Lost Planet 3 is legit. That said, most every positive sentence about LP3 starts with "Surprisingly, ..." so yeah, that will always colour perception.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Loved LP3 because you had insanely low expectations and it managed to not be a complete and utter disaster or because it was legit good?

Legit good. To say I went in with insanely low expectations would be untrue but admittedly to say I went in thinking 'this will be brilliant!' would be a lie as well :p What I got was a damn solid shooter with one of the best atmospheres of any game released last year and some of the best writing/story telling of any game after The Last Of Us. I think it's an excellently written/voice acted game that got overlooked due to being Lost Planet 3 basically. The relationships between the characters and especially Jim and his wife were excellent, it's also one of the most laid back shooters I've ever played, something I loved about it. (I could go into a whole fuckin spiel as to why I liked it but I won't, irrelevant to this thread!)

I'm sure some folk hate it (and some do think it's boring as shit) but I loved it so I can't go into Yaiba hating Spark Unlimited at least or at least using them as a hate factor. Doesn't mean it'll be any good but they aren't a factor for me in looking down on it.

Miguel81

I'm not a Yaiba hater. I just don't appreciate the fact that it's getting a PC version, but the gold standards of the series(1 & 2) are not.

Amon37

Well ill just say this, GAF and I have similar tastes so I wasnt paying any attention to this game at all. I usually come into the OP's just to make sure im not going to like it and this is one case where I 180'd and decided im going to play this anyway.

Silky

Banned
We'd more likely get the Microsoft console versions of 1 and 2 than the Sony Sigma ones.

Doubt it. It'd be easier for TK to have someone port everything from Sigma and Sigma 2 than up-ressing and optimizing Black along with porting 2.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
So let me get this straight.

You've gone toe-to-toe once already with Ryu Motherfucking Hayabusa and gotten your shit rocked, sans a few body parts, and your first thought is, "I'mma get that guy!".

Microsoft actually shares some of their swag with the PC. How many Sony exclusives end up on the platform--outside of SOE.

Yep. Now and again in the past gen or 2, the PC got thrown a bone in the form of an OG XBOX/360 port.

Sony's 1st party games never hit the PC, so ironically the best bet last gen was to have a PS3 and a decent PC that'd allow you to enjoy most games, except for the odd one out like Halo 3+/Gears 2+ etc. Even previously tauted exclusives like Alan Wake eventually came over.

It's no coincidence that when they do come over, devs/publishers often take the easy way out and port over the 360 versions of the games, e.g. Dark Souls with the GFWL malarkey, since it's a lot more convinient and a form of DX is already being used by the platform, making it easier.

Tizoc

So let me get this straight.

You've gone toe-to-toe once already with Ryu Motherfucking Hayabusa and gotten your shit rocked, sans a few body parts, and your first thought is, "I'mma get that guy!".

Well his clan name is 'Kamikaze'

IMO LP3 stood out for its voice acting, setting, and characters. To quote Mark from Classic Game Room "It's more Aliens than Aliens: Colonial Marines", and that was one reason I got it on PS3 at the time. While the combat isn't anything to write home about, the stuff I mentioned really stand out and offers a solid experience. Just make sure you're playing on Normal or Easy, I beat it on Normal with a few sections being irritating, but otherwise really enjoyed myself.
Jim Peyton became one of my fav. video game characters in 2013.

Astarte

Well his clan name is 'Kamikaze'.

Now I want a 50s era show entitled "Evenings with the Kamikazes", where there's a dysfunctional psychopathic family that tries to be normal. Actually, that would be a pretty cool tie in to promote the game.

Top Bottom