• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z |OT| Hobo Raiden's Bizarre Revengeance

Mesharey

MyRWrce.jpg

Bought it yesterday but couldn't play it, will try it today, hopefully it's good.

Tizoc

Not really, I want the DOA5U costumes for my Xbox version. :]

I will try it today after work.

Gonna play on Hard? I was contemplating Hard, but after recalling my past experience with Character action games on Hard difficulty...I'm gonna stick to Normal and do Hard on an NG+ >_>

Mesharey

Gonna play on Hard? I was contemplating Hard, but after recalling my past experience with Character action games on Hard difficulty...I'm gonna stick to Normal and do Hard on an NG+ >_>
Normal, I play the first playthrough on normal difficulty usually.

Is the special edition a first print thing?
Yes.
It includes the soundtrack, costumes in DOA5U for Hayabusa and Momiji, small comic book.

I'm sure this is one of those obscure games GAF will attempt to convince everyone that "It's good" when in reality is probably more of a regretful $59.99 + tax not well spent.

Tizoc

Great! So I can pre-order anywhere and I'll be safe? Awesome! Was already wondering why only 1 store here mentioned the SE.

I don't live in the US but got games from amazon.com with no issues.
Just keep in mind that DLC are region locked.

Lost Planet 3 is legit. That said, most every positive sentence about LP3 starts with "Surprisingly, ..." so yeah, that will always colour perception.

Legit good. To say I went in with insanely low expectations would be untrue but admittedly to say I went in thinking 'this will be brilliant!' would be a lie as well :p What I got was a damn solid shooter with one of the best atmospheres of any game released last year and some of the best writing/story telling of any game after The Last Of Us. I think it's an excellently written/voice acted game that got overlooked due to being Lost Planet 3 basically. The relationships between the characters and especially Jim and his wife were excellent, it's also one of the most laid back shooters I've ever played, something I loved about it. (I could go into a whole fuckin spiel as to why I liked it but I won't, irrelevant to this thread!)

I'm sure some folk hate it (and some do think it's boring as shit) but I loved it so I can't go into Yaiba hating Spark Unlimited at least or at least using them as a hate factor. Doesn't mean it'll be any good but they aren't a factor for me in looking down on it.

IMO LP3 stood out for its voice acting, setting, and characters. To quote Mark from Classic Game Room "It's more Aliens than Aliens: Colonial Marines", and that was one reason I got it on PS3 at the time. While the combat isn't anything to write home about, the stuff I mentioned really stand out and offers a solid experience. Just make sure you're playing on Normal or Easy, I beat it on Normal with a few sections being irritating, but otherwise really enjoyed myself.
Jim Peyton became one of my fav. video game characters in 2013.

Well that's me sold. I just ordered a copy from Amazon. Thanks for the feedback, I dismissed it as garbage at the time, guess I was too hasty...

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Well that's me sold. I just ordered a copy from Amazon. Thanks for the feedback, I dismissed it as garbage at the time, guess I was too hasty...

Now watch you end up hating it lol :p

If you want to catch a glimpse of the voice acting/writing then someone made a 'movie' with all the cutscenes. You may not want to spoil yourself but just in case you want a quick looksy.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Oh my.... It looks like
Momiji makes an appearance in this game as well.
That's cool as it shows it's part of the NG universe.

Ninja Dom

Sweet. Got a link or are you actually playing now?

http://www.yaibangz.com/index.php/about/?lang=uk

Momiji is in the character bios on the official website.

Yaiba website said:
Accompanying Ryu is Momiji, another member of the Hayabusa clan. Momiji was raised to be a Dragon Shrine Maiden, and she guards a relic called the Eye of the Dragon, which can unleash the full power of Ryu's Dragon Sword. She is also a skilled kunoichi under Ryu's tutelage, and has literally been to hell and back. Her loyalty to Ryu and Hayabusa Village is unshakable.

Mesharey

OK, once you start the game you will get an achievement directly, 3 seconds later you will get another one, more seconds later and even a new one.

- You can't change control settings.
- There's a finisher if you hit the enemy certain amount of hits, but I didn't like it, it stops your pace and some of them require QTE like God of War.
- The game is way harder than what I expected (playing on normal), died twice in the first stage and 6 times on the 2nd. :|
- There are many types of enemies.
- There is platforming.
- The game uses comic style sometimes.
- Voice acting is strange/bad.
- There are some puzzles.
- First 2 stages were good/fun but not that good, I didn't get used to the fighting style even though it's simple so I need more time.

I think we'll see many 7s.

Now watch you end up hating it lol :p

If you want to catch a glimpse of the voice acting/writing then someone made a 'movie' with all the cutscenes. You may not want to spoil yourself but just in case you want a quick looksy.

I'll try to go in with as much an open mind as possible. Thanks for the link, but I think I'll just wait for the game to arrive...

I'm actually surprised by how excited I am to play it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I see! Thanks

Reviews most likely will be bad, but if it's fun to play, I'm totally getting it on steam, not at the ridiculous present price, though

Whilst I don't pay attention to reviews in general in all honesty I can see this game as being an easy whipping boy for the press to dismiss and slag off. Of course it doesn't mean the game will be good either but it feels like one of those games the press won't get on with regardless of how bad or good it is. That's me just being very cynical as I usually am with anything related to the games press though.

Arthea

Whilst I don't pay attention to reviews in general in all honesty I can see this game as being an easy whipping boy for the press to dismiss and slag off. Of course it doesn't mean the game will be good either but it feels like one of those games the press won't get on with regardless of how bad or good it is. That's me just being very cynical as I usually am with anything related to the games press though.

I agree with your pessimism concerning reviews. There are so many games reviewers don't get. That's why I take impressions of gamers I know share similar gaming tastes with me over reviews any day.

Shinta

Banned
I honestly think reviews could go either way. It could be great and ultimately get trashed anyway, like countless games just in the last 2 months. Or it could suck badly, but reviewers would end up loving it. They have very little attachment to advanced gameplay in NG or DMC, typically.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the game in 3,5 hours on Normal.

Is their much room for replayability ? I know there's the bonus side scroller style game as well included. Brawlers/beat em ups don't tend to be that long but it does make me wonder what else is their content wise.

Top Bottom