• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0. 1/24/17 Less than a month to go. Let's make a difference.

^^You are killing me David. Stop it!
pls don't :)

gWFmsaWfZ.gif

Can't believe this releases next week lol

i'm so ready!!!

dreamfall

WHAT A TIME!

Can't wait to get lost in it all! Really excited to finally play something other than a demo of a Yakuza game on the PS4. It's going to be something really wonderful!

MayMay

Banned
I guess starting with Yakuza 0 and then playing 1-5 is a bad idea? I just started playing 1 and don't know whether or not I should play them in release order or start with 0.

ar4757

WHAT A TIME!

Can't wait to get lost in it all! Really excited to finally play something other than a demo of a Yakuza game on the PS4. It's going to be something really wonderful!

So true for me lol, I've been playing the demos since Y0 when I got my ps4 long ago

Only 5 more days!
Unill the pre-load :p
I guess starting with Yakuza 0 and then playing 1-5 is a bad idea? I just started playing 1 and don't know whether or not I should play them in release order or start with 0.
If you wanna do every game in the series then go:
Yakuza 0 ---> Yakuza Kiwami (remake of Yakuza 1) ---> Y2-Y5 ---> Y6

Though you can go for Y4 and onward after Kiwami. It's better to play every game in the series but if you have limited time then you can skip on Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 2 for the time being.

Any word on if Zero will have similar streaming features like Ishin? I think it was called Bakumatsu Tour. After completing the game once, you could replay with all your unlocks. If you are streaming, user comments will show up in-game and effect the game, for instance giving your character more heat.

r3n4ud

So very very excited. Never played a Yakuza.

Hoping Amazon ships this sucker quick so I can get my hands on it come Monday.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
This post goes well with your tag ;) Maybe it's good I haven't played all that much of the game afterall...

It is...not a great game. I know in the period between it coming out and 5 finally being announced for localization, some people thought Sega localized it solely so they could point to it's inevitable failure as proof that Yakuza didn't sell in the west and justify no longer localizing the series. And for a while it looked like that was exactly what was happening.

That goddamn flying whatever-it-is boss in Dead Souls is maybe the worst boss I've ever fought in a video game.
I really don't remember anything from Dead Souls besides some Majima moments and the framerate being atrocious during the last boss fight.

Oh also,
Haruka getting kidnapped
..... again.
I am so tempted to buy this. Mainly because it looks different than any game I have.
Do it! It's a really unique game.

Eolz

Decided against importing the US LE in the end (dem Switch prices :( ), but preordered the regular european edition at least!
Can't wait.

It is...not a great game. I know in the period between it coming out and 5 finally being announced for localization, some people thought Sega localized it solely so they could point to it's inevitable failure as proof that Yakuza didn't sell in the west and justify no longer localizing the series. And for a while it looked like that was exactly what was happening.

Yeah... The wait for 5 was long, too long. But now the dark days are behind us and we're getting 3(?!) Yakuza games in little over a year. How's that for a comeback. Sega and Atlus of USA are putting in that work. Bless them.

agc

I'm sad that I missed out on Yakuza 5 from not having access to a PS3 anymore, but I have 0 already paid off, can't wait :) One of my favorite series.

Just a few days left. I wonder how the reviews will pan out for the game. I doubt they'll affect sales much but hopefully it does good enough to get some people on the edge to jump into the series.

hmmm, i think it's time to change my avatar and with yakuza zero coming out soon does anyone have any yakuza avatar suggestions?

We certainly have Majima covered. Everyone's sporting those :D Not that I mind tho. Maybe some Nishiki action to celebrate both 0 and Kiwami coming out, since he's in both?

ar4757

Any word on if Zero will have similar streaming features like Ishin? I think it was called Bakumatsu Tour. After completing the game once, you could replay with all your unlocks. If you are streaming, user comments will show up in-game and effect the game, for instance giving your character more heat.

I haven't played Ishin (or Kenzan for that matter) yet but I bought both recently, that sounds cool. In Yakuza 0 in Japan you could only stream in Premium Adventure I think, not sure if there were any bonuses. In the west they're letting us stream from the get go I believe to get everyone hyped.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Well, you all have sold me. I've never played a Yakuza game before (despite owning an unopened copy of Yakuza 2 for PS2, I believe it is, from a long ass time ago). Gonna jump in with 0.

Well, you all have sold me. I've never played a Yakuza game before (despite owning an unopened copy of Yakuza 2 for PS2, I believe it is, from a long ass time ago). Gonna jump in with 0.

That's worth some money now. Sealed you are probably looking at $90-$100 online.

Just a few days left. I wonder how the reviews will pan out for the game. I doubt they'll affect sales much but hopefully it does good enough to get some people on the edge to jump into the series.

Impressions are definitely going to be interesting. All the streams I have hopped in, there's always been a handful of people asking, "WTF is this game?" Hahaha.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
That's worth some money now. Sealed you are probably looking at $90-$100 online.

Just went and looked, it's a sealed copy of the first one. I know I have a copy of the 2nd, but can't find it, and I think a copy of the 3rd on PS3? Man, I really need to organize. Ideally, I'd like to play'em at some point.

Just went and looked, it's a sealed copy of the first one. I know I have a copy of the 2nd, but can't find it, and I think a copy of the 3rd on PS3? Man, I really need to organize. Ideally, I'd like to play'em at some point.

No rush, you'll get there. 0 is a great place to start, so you're off to a great start :)

black070

I gave my PS3 to my nephew when upgrading to the PS4, so I'm restricted to Yakuza 0, Kiwami and 6. I'm guessing I'm pretty much screwed story-wise when it comes to moving onto the latter right ?

MayMay

Banned
I'd play 0, then Kiwami instead of the PS2 version of 1.

Only 5 more days!
Unill the pre-load :p

If you wanna do every game in the series then go:
Yakuza 0 ---> Yakuza Kiwami (remake of Yakuza 1) ---> Y2-Y5 ---> Y6

Though you can go for Y4 and onward after Kiwami. It's better to play every game in the series but if you have limited time then you can skip on Yakuza 3 and Yakuza 2 for the time being.

So I'd habe no trouble making Yakuza 0 my first Yakuza game?

Kinda worried about any sort of weird references in it I'd not get because I didn't play the other games. But I guess I should be fine because it's a prequel and all..

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
So I'd habe no trouble making Yakuza 0 my first Yakuza game?

Kinda worried about any sort of weird references in it I'd not get because I didn't play the other games. But I guess I should be fine because it's a prequel and all..
you'll be fine
this is asked every page lol :)

Top Bottom