• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0. 1/24/17 Less than a month to go. Let's make a difference.

Logash

I'd play 0, then Kiwami instead of the PS2 version of 1.

This is pretty much my plan but doesn't that leave me in sort of an awkward position for the rest until 6? I do own a PS2 and for some reason (despite me not ever playing the Yakuza series) I bought Yakuza 2 a couple years back. It's weird that it is finally gonna come in handy but I wish they were remaking 2... Then there are the PS3 ones which I do not own at all.

aravuus

Not too big of a deal for me then! Shame for other people with sub par internet though.

Can't wait for this game! Thanks again for the info.

I'm on a 100/100mbps connection and it's still a big deal for me lol

The PSN download speeds are fucking trash. Kind of unbelievable how slow they are, really. Usually downloading stuff at like 1/20th of my connection speed.

At first I was bummed to find out it comes two days before Tales, cause the latter will probably take precedence. But with the PSN speeds, it's a real possibility it won't even download before Berseria unlocks.

mileS

Watching some videos (as an outsider of the series) the fire effects for each stance you are in seem overblown. Wish I could turn them off but I suppose I'll eventually get used to it. Pretty excited this is out soon.

Tizoc

Congrats man! That's money well spent. Well, at least for Yakuza 0 cause I think the new Fate looks really bad :p

Which is why i got it retail so I can trade it in later >=3

Also once the game opens up it becomes the very DEFINITION of Cyber Tourism or whatever the term these new age kids use.
Seriously if you don't get the urge to use that Share button and take screenshots of every corner of Kamurocho, you are NOT paying attention to the effort and detail the team at SEGA were doing in this game.

ch4fx_

Yakuza is a basically a 3D Streets of Rage with a deep crime story
The first thing you'll notice is that the recreation of Kabuki-cho is quite beautiful in all its neon light glory

Sold! Looking forward to Tuesaday so I can see what these Yukaza games are all about.

Good work on the thread OP. As someone who is clueless on the series, thanks for taking the time to explain all of this.

Tizoc

Sold! Looking forward to Tuesaday so I can see what these Yukaza games are all about.

Good work on the thread OP. As someone who is clueless on the series, thanks for taking the time to explain all of this.
The game starts slow but it is mostly character and story with introduction o the combat system
Atay with it and once it opens up you will begin to see why the series is so appreciated

Also money flies out of enemies when u beat he shit out of them

Which is why i got it retail so I can trade it in later >=3

Also once the game opens up it becomes the very DEFINITION of Cyber Tourism or whatever the term these new age kids use.
Seriously if you don't get the urge to use that Share button and take screenshots of every corner of Kamurocho, you are NOT paying attention to the effort and detail the team at SEGA were doing in this game.
Hah, that's a smart decision then.

And Don't worry, we'll fill the OT with pictures once the game is out. I even plan to make small clips of me styling on fools (if everything goes according to plan).

You know, we can even hold friendly disco competitions and such! We did this for DMC4 in a local forum and it was so fun. We can pick a song and difficulty and then post our scores to see who did better.

Logash

So I read some where in this Thread that a sealed copy of Y2 is a lot of money and I decided to check how much a disc copy was... it looks like it goes for about $85! So I bought Yakuza 2 about 2 years ago for like $4 at GameStop with absolutely no knowledge of the series and how rare that game was. What luck! Naturally I hooked up my PS2 to test it out because I wasn't sure if it even worked and it ran great. The only thing is that the cutscenes were so interesting that I wanted to play the actual game lol. So what do you guys think, should I play it or sell it? From what I heard the game is pretty bad by today's standards but the beginning was good enough to interest me. Obviously wait till I play 0 and the remake of part 1 but should I keep it?

So I read some where in this Thread that a sealed copy of Y2 is a lot of money and I decided to check how much a disc copy was... it looks like it goes for about $85! So I bought Yakuza 2 about 2 years ago for like $4 at GameStop with absolutely no knowledge of the series and how rare that game was. What luck! Naturally I hooked up my PS2 to test it out because I wasn't sure if it even worked and it ran great. The only thing is that the cutscenes were so interesting that I wanted to play the actual game lol. So what do you guys think, should I play it or sell it? From what I heard the game is pretty bad by today's standards but the beginning was good enough to interest me. Obviously wait till I play 0 and the remake of part 1 but should I keep it?

First play Yakuza 0 and Kiwami, then decide on what you want to do with it.
Keep it!

SephLuis

Best manager for a money battle =D

Never bet against Nugget.

Y2 is one of the best stories in the series and the gameplay is much better than Y1. I think it's still absolutely worth a play.

You should play 0, wait for Kiwami (Y1 remake) and then play Y2.

protonion

I played for an hour.
The game introduces its mechanics at a nice pace.
Polished, beautiful, clean menus and just plain fun.

Is it not? It's not coming to XB1 or Switch, so...
console exclusive usually implies that there's at least a PC version.

Don't read anything into it.
if you say so, man.
Who knows, Atlus manager that wrote about 100 times on twitter it's PS4 exclusive said it must be a Sony thing, because there's definitely no PC/XO version in the works.
XOTWOD
Because Sony is dumb and doesn't even get it right in their own videos.
omg yeah! but at least that time yoshida responded and said it was a mistake.
haha, i remember you noticed this and asked waaaay back =)
you would think they'd have fixed it by now. the original box had it right.

Yakuza0.jpg

It's a lot less like streets of rage and a lot more like a jrpg with brawling instead of turn based battles. Great game but not really like a sidescrolling brawler

Tailzo

I have a couple of friends with no ps4, but with gaming PCs, and they both want to try the game. So if it is really only "console exclusive", then a PC version would be great yeah.

The people at Atlus and SEGA have said before that there is no plan for a PC version. It would be best to not expect one.
Yeah, the branding isn't really all that confusing. The game had a PS3 version in Japan which is not making it over here. So the western version is a PS4 console exclusive. Simple.

HawaiianDreads

Neo Member
I have a couple of friends with no ps4, but with gaming PCs, and they both want to try the game. So if it is really only "console exclusive", then a PC version would be great yeah.

Not sure so far it's only for PS3 (Japan only) and PS4, no signs of another platform release.

Tizoc

I see the top right corner of the Launch edition is smashed crushed. Please tell me it got this way because you had to put the beat down on some thugs when you decided to take a shortcut through an alleyway?

Eh I tossed the box in the bin after I took out the game. It was like that when I bought it from the shop.
Trust me I don't get worked up on various things so this little bump didn't bother me :p

KH2.8 will price drop so fast with KH4 coming out a few months later. Hold off on 2.8 and get Yakuza 0 people.

that's what i plan on, but i'm getting Yakuza on PSN so...yay me.

I'm getting DQ8 and Resi, but DQ8 is more long term as my commute game...and also I'm getting those two games with an amazon giftcard i got for christmas so really Yakuza will be the first "purchase" of the year.

Tailzo

that's what i plan on, but i'm getting Yakuza on PSN so...yay me.

I'm getting DQ8 and Resi, but DQ8 is more long term as my commute game...and also I'm getting those two games with an amazon giftcard i got for christmas so really Yakuza will be the first "purchase" of the year.

Nice! DQVIII is great also. Great characters in games is a big positive to me, and both Yakuza 0 and DQVIII has that. :)

Tizoc

There isn't a PC ver. yet, but y'all kids know I'ma double dip AND gift Y0 should it ever get a Steam release.

But if you got a PS4 and you want a kickass action experience then you better get this game, it'll be worth the asking price and more.

EDIT: Oh and so far here are my Jan. purchases since we're putting up our lists :V
Jan- Yakuza 0, Fate Musou, Fire Emblem Fates Conquest, Fossil Fighters 3DS
Feb.- DQ8 3DS, Gravity Rush 2, Yoshi's Wolly World 3DS, Berserk Musou PS4

Peroroncino

Nah, I don't see it happening on either platform. But I wouldn't mind Steam release [switch is gonna flop hard imo, wii u 2.0], it would only help the series with some additional sales.

Top Bottom