• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

tumblr_inline_mzh2npWuF11rjm3a5.png

I hear the manager of Leisure District is a chicken

You wear a disguise to go bowling with guys

but you're not a turkey, you're a nugget boo

Frimaire

I hate this Telephone Club game so much right now, but I'm only one side story away from finishing it...
The only thing keeping me entertained are the "bad" lines when you want to hang up on people.
"Do you like naughty girls?
"I think they might be ghosts."

Frimaire

(I should ask something personal...)
"Who was your first kill?"

"What's your favourite sport?"
"I love meatballs."

(I need to keep the conversation going...)
"I keep taking pictures of cats."

You can scoop up items in other styles, too, except it just doesn't let you auto attack with it in the same motion as the pick up.
when i'm in beast i get hit practically every time i go to pick something up so i never get to do the auto attack
You can pick things up in Brawler too, by pressing Circle, it's just that Beast Mode picks them up automatically when you're nearby and hitting people.
so just brawler and beast but not rush? that's the one I use the most
Press circle near objects to pick them. You cannot do this in rush mode

Beast mode just do that automatically while you attack
yeah that sucks because rush is the one I use the most. oh well.

i'm guessing you can pick stuff up in kiwami & 6?

Menitta

Finished Ch 12.

Question:
I think I missed why Sagawa wants Makoto dead. He's taking orders from Shimano, but he's also Tojo. Shouldn't they want to get the land too?

Wait, there is a sort of Tiger Drop like move in there, but you can only preform it with 3 heat bars and it uses all of your heat. It's not nearly as strong as the traditional Tiger Drop either.

Man, why couldn't they just add that move. I know it'll break the canon, but come on, the whole
Dragon of Dojima style
doesn't make any sense cannon wise and it's just a gameplay bonus. Also, there are tons of move for the said
style
that are tied to heath bars. I wish the game provided you with a move list of sorts so you wouldn't need to experiment to know what moves you actually have.

Finished Ch 12.

Question:
I think I missed why Sagawa wants Makoto dead. He's taking orders from Shimano, but he's also Tojo. Shouldn't they want to get the land too?
I just finished Chapter 12 as well and this is how I see it.

[Chapter 12 ending spoilers]
If Dojima gets the land (and the deal that comes with it), the Dojima family would become too big and Dojima himself will probably take over the Tojo clan and become the next chairman. The current chairman of Tojo is too stupid and blind to see that and thinks Dojima will remain loyal to them, no matter what. Now, I assume that Shimano is more clever than that and knows the Dojima becomes a threat if they managed to secure the Empty Lot, so instead of capturing Makoto alive and giving her to Tojo HQ (who then will give her to Dojima), they are trying to kill Makoto so it'll become harder for Dojima family to get a hold of Empty Lot.

Conezays

Echoing some of the other comments here, some of the controls on the Arcade games aren't ideal. I have no issue doing half decently in Outrun on my Saturn but doing pitifully using the DS4 controller. Oh well...guess I'll have to just invest more in real estate, lol.

Echoing some of the other comments here, some of the controls on the Arcade games aren't ideal. I have no issue doing half decently in Outrun on my Saturn but doing pitifully using the DS4 controller. Oh well...guess I'll have to just invest more in real estate, lol.

Use the D-Pad. They are much better than analog sticks.

Ultimadrago

Are "what's your body/face look like" the only roulette answers you can pick? Seems like a weird feature to implement when it's so easy to do. And they seem to answer the same every time no matter what woman it is.

Yeah. I was wondering if they were harder to pick out in the Japanese version with the characters or something. Either that or a last second hurdle that can potentially run down some seconds of time?

I'm not sure, but yes, they are the only answers I've ever picked for all dates anyways.

sn00zer

Jeezus Christ just got through chapter 1. Holy hell is that rivetting stuff. The pacing is so far and above yakuza 4 and 5 it's not even funny.

Menitta

Wait, there is a sort of Tiger Drop like move in there, but you can only preform it with 3 heat bars and it uses all of your heat. It's not nearly as strong as the traditional Tiger Drop either.

Man, why couldn't they just add that move. I know it'll break the canon, but come on, the whole
Dragon of Dojima style
doesn't make any sense cannon wise and it's just a gameplay bonus. Also, there are tons of move for the said
style
that are tied to heath bars. I wish the game provided you with a move list of sorts so you wouldn't need to experiment to know what moves you actually have.

I just finished Chapter 12 as well and this is how I see it.

[Chapter 12 ending spoilers]
If Dojima gets the land (and the deal that comes with it), the Dojima family would become too big and Dojima himself will probably take over the Tojo clan and become the next chairman. The current chairman of Tojo is too stupid and blind to see that and thinks Dojima will remain loyal to them, no matter what. Now, I assume that Shimano is more clever than that and knows the Dojima becomes a threat if they managed to secure the Empty Lot, so instead of capturing Makoto alive and giving her to Tojo HQ (who then will give her to Dojima), they are trying to kill Makoto so it'll become harder for Dojima family to get a hold of Empty Lot.

Ok, that makes sense. I forgot about that whole part in Chapter 10.

Frimaire

God Damnit Kiryu!
You know the girl you don't wanna date is named Sayuri!
Why you keep going when she says her name?
Why don't you remember? it was like 10 minutes ago!
This is like the 4th time!

Final Chapter Substory Kazzy-chan spoilers:

FUCK AMON! This may be the most annoying Amon fight ever, well, I suppose umbrella amon from Yak 5 was shit too, but man this fight is annoying as all hell. Any tips?

Rizzi

How do I open up the locked abilities for the Beast stance? I did all of Miss Tatsu's training because I thought that would do it, but it didn't. :/

Auctopus

Dont forget about epic rc car battles and shaking your sweet booty at a disco and of course
BREAKING ZA LAAAAAAAAAAAAAW
BREAKING ZA WAAAAAAAAAAALD

Love this comment, I didn't realise until a second sing-through of that song who was on keys in the video.

How do I open up the locked abilities for the Beast stance? I did all of Miss Tatsu's training because I thought that would do it, but it didn't. :/

real estate missions is what has everything locked. At least that's what the cabaret club did with majima.

Beating it all not only unlocks it all it also gives you something very cool.

Final Chapter Substory Kazzy-chan spoilers:

FUCK AMON! This may be the most annoying Amon fight ever, well, I suppose umbrella amon from Yak 5 was shit too, but man this fight is annoying as all hell. Any tips?
I used Legend mode for the first part. Just get close, get him to a corner and keep spamming your combo until he starts to activate red heat.

Once he does, switch to Beast mode and keep doing your full combo with a charged Triangle at the end (You need a filled up ability tree for this)

Once the next helicopter part starts, keep getting away from him and dodging everything. The helicopter will be dropping bombs, tables and chairs, and a bottle. Picking up the bottle gives you temporary invulnerability but also does the same for amon. If you've got invuln and he doesn't, then it's cakewalk. Just keep doing whatever and hitting him until the end.

Auctopus

Does the telephone club only come in later? I see lots of people discussing it here but I'm on Chapter12 and haven't heard a peep about it in-game.

Frimaire

Does the telephone club only come in later? I see lots of people discussing it here but I'm on Chapter12 and haven't heard a peep about it in-game.

I don't think it's unlocked immediately, but you can definitely go by the second time you play Kiryu.
It's on Senryo Ave., Southeast side of Kamurocho, called TelTel Boy's Club.

The game never introduces it to you. You have to go and find it yourself. It's one of the purple buildings on the map, in the southeast of Kamurocho.

xezuru

I wouldn't give a shit about mini game rng if it was like Y4 martial artist where I could stack my hand by just training the living fuck out of my horse in the race, at least that way I build committment

Vorheez

For the advisors in the real estate business, which symbol represents an expertise? It is triangle?

Oh, and is there an easier way to figure out which properties are on sale instead of just running around?

Postcards for
the radio show
?? Every time I think, "Well, I think I've heard about everything there is in this game" I'm constantly surprised.

Also, just finished Sugar Daddy.... well I did not see that coming.

Top Bottom