• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Tizoc

Yep
The scene with the doc was good too. Dude leveled up to dad states for a good minute. He just wanted to take cation for Makotos safety before moving on bruhs :')

The sidequest gets from silly-to-feely real quick. Early sidequest spoiler
The one where you impersonate a tv producer started out with hijinks and wacky music but ends with the director waxing a soliloquy about how TV can change a persons dreams and motives and how a small screen can give hope to millions. The background music don't help in hiding the feels
Fuck it, this is my 2k16 GOTY
Your goty 2 years running huh? I like the cut of your jib ;)

Dez_

I know that this is nitpicking but the saving takes an annoying amount of time... What is that "System Data" that it saves everytime?
Yeah, it's incredibly annoying but it is at least a little bit quicker than it was on the PS3 games. I ended up almost never saving in the earlier games because of how annoyingly long it took. Was kind of hoping that would change with this title, but it's a minor issue in the end to an otherwise fantastic game.

I know that this is nitpicking but the saving takes an annoying amount of time... What is that "System Data" that it saves everytime?

I honestly have no idea, it's been like this in every Yakuza game from the PS3 onwards. I can't imagine how much time I must have wasted waiting for two progress bars to fill up on every save :p

hbkdx12

What does it mean exactly to stay calm in combat? Just not button mashing? I want to start getting the most out of my weapons

Thoraxes

So I looked up some of the people in this game and uh...

I'm slightly ashamed of myself for knowing 3/5 JAV actresses by name before even starting this game lol.

Kyrios

Well like others have said, the cabaret minigame is pretty fun. Basically Diner Dash but with hostesses lol

Sucks you literally make pennies compared to Kiryu's real estate stuff though.

Question for all Yakuza 0 story lovers:

Who cried at least once throughout the story?
'raises hand' =)
tumblr_mwvxybQ02q1smdot9o1_400.gif

Question for all Yakuza 0 story lovers:

Who cried at least once throughout the story?
'raises hand' =)

I'll admit to it.

Well like others have said, the cabaret minigame is pretty fun. Basically Diner Dash but with hostesses lol

which is probably why all of Majima's upgrades are relative cheaper in comparison to Kiryu, that and why
the money transfer exists.

Past

You get 1 billion yen for each club you take down and 10 billion yen once you take every clubs down.

Conezays

Well, after about 15 hours later I'm done the real estate side quest and onto Chapter 11. Definitely a bit burnt out from doing that, lol.

Kyrios

I'll admit to it.

which is probably why all of Majima's upgrades are relative cheaper in comparison to Kiryu, that and why
the money transfer exists.

Oh yeah, also the properties are cheaper as well.

You get 1 billion yen for each club you take down and 10 billion yen once you take every clubs down.

Well that's good to know, at least there are good payoffs for that stuff.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Right?! I was praying that Majima would end up with Makoto (if only for a short while) but instead he let that punk doctor go for her instead. Daaaaaamn it! And the after credits scene with the watch? HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIT THE FEEELS!!

That was a good scene
but I absolutely lost it when Majima and Kiryu come face to face, you get the Yakuza 1 music and Majima's KIRYUUU CHANNNNN.

SO HYPE.

I have to respect the fact that they did the entire game and not have the two protagonists meet each other. Worst case scenario would be a Halo 5 like deal where they'd have just met for a one-time fight and whichever player you were controlling at that time would have 'won' in the story. Which is why them coming face to face right at the end and even Kiryu's cheeky smile at seeing Majima got me pumped for Kiwami.

Past

Right?! I was praying that Majima would end up with Makoto (if only for a short while) but instead he let that punk doctor go for her instead. Daaaaaamn it! And the after credits scene with the watch? HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIT THE FEEELS!!

It reminded me of 5 Centimeters Per Second. So emotional.
:(

I have to respect the fact that they did the entire game and not have the two protagonists meet each other. Worst case scenario would be a Halo 5 like deal where they'd have just met for a one-time fight and whichever player you were controlling at that time would have 'won' in the story. Which is why them coming face to face right at the end and even Kiryu's cheeky smile at seeing Majima got me pumped for Kiwami.

Yeah, this was the one thing I expected to happen in the game (heck, it happens every game almost) and yet they managed to write a compelling story where
while the stories intertwined, the characters never actually met each other. I was expecting a confrontation then team up at the end of the game, I'm kinda glad that didn't happen and instead both characters got great endings to their respective story arcs

Edgeward

Fuck, Mr Shakedown gets so strong at some point that one stomp will kill you at full health.

I did finally get a turkey in bowling. Amazing ending.

hbkdx12

Do weapons in the same class do the same damage for their heat move regardless of what the individual damage for each weapon is?

So for example, if i have two poles where 1 does 28 damage and the other does 300, Is the damage from the heat move the same from both or will it scale? I feel like it's the former

Fuck, Mr Shakedown gets so strong at some point that one stomp will kill you at full health.

I tried Shakedown once with Majima and he was like One Punch Man. First and last time I ever bother with that guy. I know you can make tons of money with him, but not worth losing all your cash.

Alucrid

Banned
I tried Shakedown once with Majima and he was like One Punch Man. First and last time I ever bother with that guy. I know you can make tons of money with him, but not worth losing all your cash.

it's so easy with majima. abuse heat items + melee weapon + heat attacks

Just beat it, that was absolutely amazing. Do the other yakuza games have stories and pacing as good as this?

Also the outfits you get after finishing the story are too fucking good, i wish you could wear them earlier.

hbkdx12

Actually, once you get comfortable beating him it is worth losing to him as the next time you see him after he takes your money, he'll have about 1.5x whatever he took from you. He's basically all profit with not much risk

Even if you keep losing to him multiple times in a row, he'll just keep taking your money and adding it to whatever he already has. He's basically a walking ATM that never runs out of money.

From my memory it was something like: Super Soft Tyres, Balance Frame Plus, Hi Torque V2.0, Gears i forget, High Cap Battery.

I race on the track to find a time to beat then i tend to spend time in the Test Track tweaking the setup until i'm close and then race again. If i win then i take the challenge. I have never needed to use boost to win a race so far. I'm on the last few races now and need to progress the story as parts get expensive quick!

I spent a few hours only doing races, substories and challenges and after a while you do get an idea of needs tweaking on the car and when a component is holding you back. Soft Tyre upgrades are the first i go for if i can afford them :)

You can buy parts in Don Quixote and there's a substory that gives you early access to some nice parts also.

Thanks, your setup worked!

Got it in the mail today and got a quick hour into the game.

Oh boy, as an old Shenmue 2 fanboy I am very excited to get into this game/series.

The cabaret is 100% inferior to real estate especially when you consider the level of involvement. Kiryu can go out and finish substories, make friends, hook up at telephone clubs, eat at restaurants, buy more real estate, and generally fill out the completion list while collecting money. Majima has to watch his shit like a hawk to collect peanuts. At least it's fun though.

I suppose the good part is that the bonuses for winning Majima's club battles is enough to purchase all the next area's properties and then some.

Well, I think this is a legitimate point of criticism. RE7 had the same issues. Seriously, it's 2017. When you hit a phonebooth you should get two options:

a) Quicksave = overwrites most recent save in the background without launching the PS4 save menu + the ominous "System Data"

b) Save = launch save menu

Don't get me wring, I adore this game. But saving is a PITA, so I avoided it as often as possible.

XaosWolf

"Right, I have about 3 hours before bed. Let's get this Media King taken care of."

* 4 Hours of Pocket Circuit Fighter Later *

"Oh."

hbkdx12

The Electronic king beat me at outrun.
Is he going to challenge me again or are these shares lost forever?

Nah he's not going to challenge you again, the challenge is insignificant. You can can still gain 100% of the territory without having to beat him in the arcade

God damn is buying up and upgrading properties fun!

As soon as i was given the option to do so that basically all i have been doing, baring a few side quests that came along the way.

I have managed to get 100% on the first three areas, beating their leaders and upgrading all properties to S grade and am working towards the gambling kings area now (about 37% owned).

I didnt plan to spend so much time on it since i though 'i will just get enough money to upgrade some fighting styles' but instead have spent billions just buying and upgrading my empire and only a few hundred million on fighting style upgrades.

Vorheez

I used to think the real estate stuff was a blast right up until I got all of the media king properties and it took forever to level them all up in order to fight him... Way too much of a grind after a while.

My advisors might just suck too though

danowat

Banned
The last part of Chapter 6 was epic,
the constant battles, the timers, the bit where Nishki drove Kiryu out into the sticks to shoot him, just epic.

Quite possible one of the best games I've ever played.

Top Bottom