• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Ultimadrago

Question for Yakuza vets referring to the Dragon and Tiger couple:
Komeki tells Majima to keep an eye out for them and help out when he can because he has an unsettling feeling that they're in trouble. I initially thought this was an issue that would be resolved within Yakuza 0 , but nothing unfortunate really happens to them that I know of. Is he perhaps speaking of events from a different game? If so, let me know without spoiling any details. Thanks!

I have reached the point where
I am about to go to Sotenbori as Kiryu
but first I am finishing some side stuff and getting more money from the business side of things. The story is really starting to ramp up now.

Question for Yakuza vets referring to the Dragon and Tiger couple:
Komeki tells Majima to keep an eye out for them and help when he can. I initially thought this was an issue that would be resolved within Yakuza 0 , but nothing unfortunate really happens to them that I know of. Is he perhaps speaking of events from a different game? If so, let me know without spoiling any details. Thanks!
Remember that hit
Majima was supposed to be a part in? He was supposed to do the hit with his sworn brother, Taiga Saejima. His relationship with Taiga is not at all
unlike Kiryu's relationship with Nishiki.

Not only his name Taiga, he has a Tiger tatooed on his back (cause Japan). Saejima is a playable character in
Y4 and Y5 and has a deep connection with Majima, obviously. The Dragon is obviously Kiryu.

It's mainly a Yakuza 5 reference.

Ultimadrago

Remember that hit
Majima was supposed to be a part in? He was supposed to do the hit with his sworn brother, Taiga Saejima. His relationship with Taiga is not at all
unlike Kiryu's relationship with Nishiki

Not only his name Taiga, he has a Tiger tatooed on his back (cause Japan). Saejima is a playable character in
Y4 and Y5 and has a deep connection with Majima, obviously. The Dragon is obviously Kiryu.

It's mainly a Yakuza 5 reference.

Wait, I was talking about Fei Hu and Long Hua in the weapon shop. lol

Ultimadrago

DukeBobby

4 cabaret clubs down, 1 to go.

Won all the battles so far on my first attempt, but I get the feeling Club Moon won't be so easy.

Yojimbo99

Neo Member
Just finished. WoW the story was great! Liked this game so much that I pulled out my PS3, dusted it off, and I am downloading Yakuza 4 right now. 4 & 5 are the only 2 for sale via digital download.

Mupod

Won all the battles so far on my first attempt, but I get the feeling Club Moon won't be so easy.

I actually thought I was losing badly in the battle. Turns out I absolutely crushed him, as in over double what he made.

I do recommend leveling your hostesses a good bit. His area is full of mega-rich customers and they are not only picky, they sometimes even request a specific girl. I found I could handle those by giving them someone else and then either using fever time to make them happy, or swapping in the requested hostess as soon as she was available (doesn't seem to be any negatives to this).

I was probably overleveled for the battle because I didn't realize I was gated by a small story bit, I had to stop by the Grand before I could progress. So I had like 30k fans in the area before I even got challenged by him. I really like the cabaret minigame so I didn't mind!

I actually thought I was losing badly in the battle. Turns out I absolutely crushed him, as in over double what he made.

I do recommend leveling your hostesses a good bit. His area is full of mega-rich customers and they are not only picky, they sometimes even request a specific girl. I found I could handle those by giving them someone else and then either using fever time to make them happy, or swapping in the requested hostess as soon as she was available (doesn't seem to be any negatives to this).

I was probably overleveled for the battle because I didn't realize I was gated by a small story bit, I had to stop by the Grand before I could progress. So I had like 30k fans in the area before I even got challenged by him. I really like the cabaret minigame so I didn't mind!

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've been going nonstop since Chapter 7 started lol.

This is good to know, I just took down the third club rather easily.

That money bar at the bottom is next to useless though past the first battle. The opponent fills that thing up so quickly at the beginning and all you need to overtake him is a fever time or two. Might be time to finish up the cabaret minigame this week so I can actually beat the game lol.

Kyrios

Finally done with the whole real estate storyline! 40 hours logged in the game and I'm still in Chapter 6.

200_s.gif

6 billion yen in my pocket, so I ain't complaining lol

This beauty didn't get a pro patch?
I'm only in Chapter 3 but I did see some nasty tree pop in and tearing here and there. Runs smooth though.

This beauty didn't get a pro patch?
I'm only in Chapter 3 but I did see some nasty tree pop in and tearing here and there. Runs smooth though.

Game is almost 2 years old, it came out in Japan in 2015 so no pro patch.

But the Boost Mode in the new firmware apparently fixes all screen-tearing and any and all slowdowns.

Pop-in is probably still there though.

Game is almost 2 years old, it came out in Japan in 2015 so no pro patch.

But the Boost Mode in the new firmware apparently fixes all screen-tearing and any and all slowdowns.

Pop-in is probably still there though.

I see, not a problem at all, just wondering. Would be an easy patch though I assume, not like we didn't buy it in 2017.
It's really good.

Ragona

Just finished the game, what a ride that was. While I disliked the progression through the real estate and cabaret, the story and side quests have kept me hooked till the end.
Cant wait to play the next ones :)
Took me 65 hours in total with a completion of around 50%

Kuze would be head of a group, a subsidiary or his own family. But it's not technically a Clan.

In these titles, Clan and Family are not indicative of where they sit on the hierarchy. It's a translation of whether they are a -kai (会; clan) or -kumi (組; family), like the Tojo-kai or Dojima-gumi. Kuze is in fact the head of a org called the Keno Clan (拳王会), which is a subsidiary of the Dojima Family, which is in turn a subsidiary of the Tojo Clan.

In these titles, Clan and Family are not indicative of where they sit on the hierarchy. It's a translation of whether they are a -kai (会; clan) or -kumi (組; family), like the Tojo-kai or Dojima-gumi. Kuze is in fact the head of a org called the Keno Clan (拳王会), which is a subsidiary of the Dojima Family, which is in turn a subsidiary of the Tojo Clan.
Oh thanks. Always nice to get some official confirmation on this stuff :)

mileS

Fighting Mr. Shakedown with Majima can be really annoying. It's mostly just the map itself. I got caught in the market streets a few times and it just gives you a small strip full of obstacles and signs/adds. Leaves you with no room to properly dodge. Got fed up with it after a while and tried to kite him towards the bridge area (lots of room there) but he stops following after a while and calls me a pussy.

Can someone explain to me the Spicy knife trick? I had 2 or 3 of them and a bunch of heat items but I couldn't get the heat action to pop up enough. Do you need to unlock something on the skill tree to cheese him with the spicy knife or am I just doing it wrong?

Fighting Mr. Shakedown with Majima can be really annoying. It's mostly just the map itself. I got caught in the market streets a few times and it just gives you a small strip full of obstacles and signs/adds. Leaves you with no room to properly dodge. Got fed up with it after a while and tried to kite him towards the bridge area (lots of room there) but he stops following after a while and calls me a pussy.

Can someone explain to me the Spicy knife trick? I had 2 or 3 of them and a bunch of heat items but I couldn't get the heat action to pop up enough. Do you need to unlock something on the skill tree to cheese him with the spicy knife or am I just doing it wrong?
Did you equip it? If so, pressing down on the d-pad while fighting will bring up whatever weapon you equipped. Also best time to use it is after he charges you since you'll see his back wide open after dodging him.

Freeman76

Even though the ending is on some LOTR type drawn out, almost take the piss length, this has easily the most engrossing story ive ever witnessed in a game.

mileS

Did you equip it? If so, pressing down on the d-pad while fighting will bring up whatever weapon you equipped. Also best time to use it is after he charges you since you'll see his back wide open after dodging him.

Is the knife heat action only done from behind? That could be the issue right there. I thought as long as you had 3 bars of heat you can stab him from any direction with a heat move.

Is the knife heat action only done from behind? That could be the issue right there. I thought as long as you had 3 bars of heat you can stab him from any direction with a heat move.
No you can do it anywhere when close, it's just his back is the most safe option since he hits like a tank.

SkylineRKR

Its the easiest, and I gave gifts all day (you'll see why). I beat it with more than double the amount.

You have about 4 or 5 platinum girls by then. If you level the last one a bit towards 20 or so, you'll be fine.

I crushed that guy with my platinum girls, the old hag and Erranda. Typically one girl was never used. I had one at max level, the rest ranging from 20 to 30 (latest plat girl was around lvl 17 though).

Man the end of the Real Estate Royale is a grind.

Just staring off into space waiting for the payments to recharge. Media King has some pricey locales.

SkylineRKR

I don't think I like Real Estate. I'm at Pleasure district and the payout isn't that great so far (120m per round) which is the price of one building atm. Probably not a good idea to finish Cabaret first, its way better.

I don't think I like Real Estate. I'm at Pleasure district and the payout isn't that great so far (120m per round) which is the price of one building atm.
It'll go up to 1.4/1.5 billion yen every 4-5 minutes after you've done everything you can with it. (Including the stuff you can get in shrine to make the payouts faster)

IrishNinja

I don't think I like Real Estate. I'm at Pleasure district and the payout isn't that great so far (120m per round) which is the price of one building atm. Probably not a good idea to finish Cabaret first, its way better.

are you upgrading your properties? i rarely had any issues buying property, even the half of media king's i was allowed to get before the chapter ended

Mupod

Man the end of the Real Estate Royale is a grind.

Just staring off into space waiting for the payments to recharge. Media King has some pricey locales.

ideal time to do the slot car racing sidequests. You get a property for it as a reward and it's easy to check in for payouts.

I also spent a lot of time just idling while doing other stuff, though.

SkylineRKR

are you upgrading your properties? i rarely had any issues buying property, even the half of media king's i was allowed to get before the chapter ended

Leisure King is all S ranked. Nets me around 60m I think?

Electronic not maxed yet. but its at 70m or so currently. I just started with Pleasure and I think money starts to pour from there (the starter payouts are quite a bit higher on average). I think I only don't have the final shrine upgrade yet.

In the beginning I didn't really check the salaries, dat Fortune Teller lol.

hmm. Now I'm back to being confused lol. And you need 3 bars of heat? it only used 1 bar when used.

It's only 1 bar and you can use it any time(with Heat meter of course) when close. The thing about hitting him when his back is turned is just me giving a tip so you don't get hit by him.

I did it. I ordered this game. I've meant to buy Yakuza games for years, but the story intimidated me and I always head off buy used. For some reason I keep expecting HD remasters/remakes.

Whatever, the game will arrive Friday and I'm excited.

I'm at an odd place with this game.
On one hand I want to become a billionaire and romp through the final part of the game as OP as possible, but I know if I continue with the real estate and pimp side quests, I will get burned out and not have motivation to finish the story. And I'm not one to continue games after I've dropped them.

How hard are the final chapters? Would I be ok with only the 100,000,000 yen upgrades?

I'm at an odd place with this game.
On one hand I want to become a billionaire and romp through the final part of the game as OP as possible, but I know if I continue with the real estate and pimp side quests, I will get burned out and not have motivation to finish the story. And I'm not one to continue games after I've dropped them.

How hard are the final chapters? Would I be ok with only the 100,000,000 yen upgrades?
I don't know how many chapters but I'm in Chapter 10 and I'm fine with the 30k upgrades so far. If it's like the other one I played, it certainly doesn't force you to farm for upgrades. It makes things easier but it's not like it's unbeatable or something.

Top Bottom