• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

I like the cabaret a lot more, Kiryu rakes in an obscene amount money though. Also the nice thing about the cabaret is that you aren't subject to a stupid timer and instead you can just go play the mini game as much as you want.

Anyway I did the magazine quest last night. I didn't think anything would top the dominatrix quest. Holy shit lmao

Alastor3

I personally, and most players tbh,enjoyed Majima's cabaret thing a lot more than Kiryu's because it was more of a mini-game and felt more hands-on and engaging than Kiryu's which was just menu and cutscene based.

This is exactly why my friend love the real estate more, he hate mini games but loved to become the lord of the city.

This game really makes me wish Ishin would come to the States, since I want a game in that genre that isn't titled "Way of the Samurai."

I'm buying the shit out of Kiwami, though. Do we know how well Yakuza 0 has sold?

jbug617

Banned
quick question:
The guy walking around in his underwear in Majima's story, when you talk to him he is telling you the locations of the girl cards to pick up?

For the makeovers, is it possible to get all four stats to double circles? I've only managed three.

Yeah just three in my experience.
You get six platinum hostesses, so make sure you have a spread among 4 of them so you have coverage for every type.

This game really makes me wish Ishin would come to the States, since I want a game in that genre that isn't titled "Way of the Samurai."

I'm buying the shit out of Kiwami, though. Do we know how well Yakuza 0 has sold?

Ishin's ship has probably sailed but you never know. I played it and there were a lot of parts that were extremely Japanese that wouldn't translate well from references to classic Japanese literature, to historical tidbits to a sidequest where you have to explain the dialect of this obscure region that barely exists anymore. I feel like it would end up with a lot cut out the way Yakuza 3 did. That said, swordplay in that game was extremely satisfying. I would buy it again in a heartbeat.

As for this game, I don't think we've had numbers but it seems like it did better than expected. The game was difficult to find very quickly and it prompted them to rerelease small batches of the older games in the series. If Sega was questioning the future of the Yakuza series in the west, I bet they've gotten their answer.

Yeah just three in my experience.
You get six platinum hostesses, so make sure you have a spread among 4 of them so you have coverage for every type.

How important are those stats anyway? I did fine with Club Moon without optimizing my girls and the Obatarian was one of my best girls anyway. I feel like once you get to that point the difference in cash flow is minor anyway. Besides, it's much more efficient to get money via Mr. Shakedown or funneling money from Kiryu anyway.

Was having a lot of problems with Tatsu training. Turns out upgrading damage in the ability tree goes a long way.

Edit: Holy fuck the hallway at the end with the dudes with the guns. I am silently screaming.

Was having a lot of problems with Tatsu training. Turns out upgrading damage in the ability tree goes a long way.

Edit: Holy fuck the hallway at the end with the dudes with the guns. I am silently screaming.

That fucking thing. It took me forever to realize there was a second page of that. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't max out beast mode.

IrishNinja

I don't think so. Three is the most I've managed too.

same!

This game really makes me wish Ishin would come to the States, since I want a game in that genre that isn't titled "Way of the Samurai."/QUOTE]

i would welcome the shit out of a new Way of the Samurai game tho

As for this game, I don't think we've had numbers but it seems like it did better than expected. The game was difficult to find very quickly and it prompted them to rerelease small batches of the older games in the series. If Sega was questioning the future of the Yakuza series in the west, I bet they've gotten their answer.

yeah, strongly agreed - not really expecting any LE/bonuses for Kiwami but i'd be super happy to get em! i'm still jealous of japan's steelbook for 4

That fucking thing. It took me forever to realize there was a second page of that. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't max out beast mode.

hahaha, damn....yeah, this series totally does that sometimes, you just click over like "WAIT WHAT"

65 hours with 33% completion!

Makoto how the hell did you never get Majima's name or maybe even consider asking the guy with the eyepatch in front of you if you've met?

Also I have to say I prefer
Mad Dog Majima'
s style over his regular appearance.

Actually it's
KIRYU-CHAN. It's the more "friendly" and loving way of saying the name.

Only in Premium Adventure mode which is unlocked after finishing the story. Think of it as being left in the open world to do as you please without the worry of the story.

so would u recommend doing side missions alongside the main story or do the main story and THEN the side quests?

so would u recommend doing side missions alongside the main story or do the main story and THEN the side quests?

Entirely up to you, both are a viable option.

Though know that doing the substories (specific ones but still) does help with Majima and Kiryu's businesses. But again, you can also do that in Premium Adventure Mode :)

Vorheez

Actually it's
KIRYU-CHAN. It's the more "friendly" and loving way of saying the name.
Sorry :( I'll get it eventually

Out of curiosity,
why would he great him that way then if it was the first time they were meeting? He wouldn't even know what Kiryu looked like.
I know, I'm just nitpicking lol

Out of curiosity,
why would he great him that way then if it was the first time they were meeting? He wouldn't even know what Kiryu looked like.
That's a bit of a fan service thing since
they know each other in Yakuza 1/Kiwami. It probably happens many years after the events of Y0, either before the start of Y1 or during.

Majima has a role in the story in Y1/Kiwami , and they actually expanded it even further in Kiwami to take his connection from 0 into account.

Out of curiosity,

It's never said it's the first time they're meeting, but they probably knew each other by reputation by that point.

is there a skill respec option?

is it best to kind of branch out and get points in all fighting styles?

No respec.

If you prefer a particular style than you certainly invest more in it if you want but it's usually best to go for all fighting styles since it's easier to manage your money, plus there are passive bonuses that affect the character regardless of style.

No respec.

If you prefer a particular style than you certainly invest more in it if you want but it's usually best to go for all fighting styles since it's easier to manage your money, plus there are passive bonuses that affect the character regardless of style.

what regarded as the best style?

i really dig beast

what regarded as the best style?

i really dig beast

It's more of a "best style for the situation" kind of thing.

Sometimes it's best to go for Rush, sometimes Beast. Beast is usually the best for dealing with crowds but it's certainly viable for smaller encounters too.

Brawler for Kiryu and Thug for Majima are the balanced styles which have a bit of everything.

But in the end, it's really up to you.

I am on chapter 10 now. How long are the remain chapters (
there are 14 in total right?

There are
chapters. But the last
5-6
chapters really just fly on by, the pacing is so action packed.

Still a hefty chunk of game left though.

hbkdx12

What do you guys think about
Makoto wanting revenge against the three lieutenants? I feel like it was completely inconsistent with her character, and was also pretty disappointed with how stupid she was trying to negotiate with Dojima and co. on her own. That was thr only thing that ruined an otherwise near-perfect ending for me.
i honestly had thought she did it because she hoped (knew?) majima would come for her and that that would be the only way he'd kill them after he refused when she initially asked. That and the fact that she just lost it and gave no shits about living given all the people close to her wound up dead

Iokis

82% or so, Chapter 13, currently grinding out the colosseum...

Does anyone have any tips for that? Some opponents are really damn hard and actually frustrating as they constantly interrupt my combos and then proceed to take me to the cinema as they combo me so long I can put the controller down. Currently Rank B and haven't won the new tournament once yet. I got pretty good at Counter Hook cheese by exploiting alternating losing to and beating Mr. Shakedown for big money but even that ain't cutting it now.

Other thoughts:

I liked Real Estate Royale more than Cabaret Club Czar; I enjoyed the minigame for cabaret club initially but by the time I beat Club Moon I was so sick of the sight of the minigame I never want to play it again... Meanwhile although Real Estate is more hands-off I liked being able to goof off and find telephone cards or substories while the cash was rolling in, so I didn't fatigue on it.

I really enjoy playing as Kiryu more than Majima. There's not a single one of Majima's styles I enjoy fighting with, but maybe I'm doing something wrong? Really dread doing something like the Colosseum with him...

I'm also really happy I bought this game. I was busy being a WoW junkie and pretty much didn't bother with most of the PS360 generation (had a Wii though!) so had no exposure to Yakuza till now but wanted to give it a go at last. Really hope there will one day be a way to play the entire series on PS4 (I know 1 is getting a remake, 2 could be remade or the original could be re-released digitally on PS4, 3-5... Well that's the real trick, isn't it?)

hichanbis

Banned
After a ton of hours I finally finished the real estate.
I have so much money now at chapter 10 that I fully unlocked almost every style.
I hope I'm not OP for the final chapters.

Frimaire

Damn, is it possible to be overleveled in this game?
'Cause I bought everything except for the locked parts of the final styles and these final Boss fights have all been stomps.
Hasn't helped me with
Amon
, though...

I'm in chapter 6. Does the ability to buy new properties for the retail estate thing unlock later or am I just missing it?

It's not in the Real Estate menu, if that's what you're getting at. You actually have to go outside and walk up to whatever property you wanna buy in person. A button promt should appear when it's one you can buy.

It's more of a "best style for the situation" kind of thing.

Sometimes it's best to go for Rush, sometimes Beast. Beast is usually the best for dealing with crowds but it's certainly viable for smaller encounters too.

Brawler for Kiryu and Thug for Majima are the balanced styles which have a bit of everything.

But in the end, it's really up to you.

There are
chapters. But the last
5-6
chapters really just fly on by, the pacing is so action packed.

Still a hefty chunk of game left though.

I love the break dancing style for Majima.

Zeel

Okay, so how are you supposed to beat
Amon once he pulls his knife out?
He can kill me from almost full health...

Use Majima's Slugger stance and keep guarding, equip a Spicy Knife and slash him - this will make him drop to the ground. While he is down keep stomping him and trying to build up your heat gauge, then use the heat attack in Slugger stance as soon as he gets up again, rinse and repeat.
It's not very difficult when you stick to this, just requires some patience, good luck!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just got "Mr. Shakedown'd" for 27 million ... V_V

Worst first post of the page ever.

J4g3r

Anyone know where I can purchase the soundtrack for this game legally in the UK?

Also, found a pair of Nunchaku made of Daikon last night.

C5YVieIXQAATQPO.jpg

Just got "Mr. Shakedown'd" for 27 million ... V_V

Worst first post of the page ever.

Keep at it, my dude:

Frimaire

Use Majima's Slugger stance and keep guarding, equip a Spicy Knife and slash him - this will make him drop to the ground. While he is down keep stomping him and trying to build up your heat gauge, then use the heat attack in Slugger stance as soon as he gets up again, rinse and repeat.
It's not very difficult when you stick to this, just requires some patience, good luck!

Thanks, I'll try this.

AngryMoth

It's not in the Real Estate menu, if that's what you're getting at. You actually have to go outside and walk up to whatever property you wanna buy in person. A button promt should appear when it's one you can buy.

You need to buy out the first area and defeat the Leisure King then the rest of Kamurocho unlocks
Ok cool thanks. I've been on the look out but not actually seen any new properties to buy besides the tutorial one yet

cm osi

Just finished! i was really scared that the last boss was going to be
Kuze lol

great game, great yakuza game but as always i feel like i left the game unfinished. that 30% bar feels bad. i may come back later to play some minigames.
is money gained from enemies boosted in Legend mode? starting from zero doesn't sound really good.... also is the best healing item on store the thoughness zz or there is something better?

cm osi

Okay, now that I've beaten the game, did
Anyone die from bullets in this whole game aside from Oda?

Nishitani,the Sotenbori cop, Awano, Sagawa and the omi alliance guy talking with Shimano. in yakuza if you die from bullets you're not manly enough

Top Bottom