• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Vexii

I'm sorry, but that slow pan onto Tachibana's
arm tattoo
in Chapter 10 was so subtle that I almost missed its importance. It just blew my mind.

And I'm also forging a few ideas of how I think certain characters are linked at the moment, but I'm not entirely sure just yet...

Jimrpg

Very LTTP but I FINALLY got a physical copy of the game!

duCaP0s.jpg

My previous copy that I bought got lost in the post, I got a refund for it though.

I still need to wait 3 weeks before I see my mom overseas to actually pick it up, but I got a copy now, so I'm pumped.

Thanks to Onibaka for the heads up on the cheaper price at Target Australia.

My previous copy that I bought got lost in the post, I got a refund for it though.

I still need to wait 3 weeks before I see my mom overseas to actually pick it up, but I got a copy now, so I'm pumped.

congrats arbok!!!!!!

Jimrpg

congrats arbok!!!!!!

Thanks David! Glad you're enjoying the game.

I can finally join you guys after you all have played it!

How wonderful! :p LOL

I've already decided to order it locally in Malaysia for Kiwami. Seems there's a store here that does some imports so I can probably get the US version from them. :)

OniBaka

Surprised there were still some in stock, people in my local forum are pulling their hairs out trying to find a copy.

... The game doesnt even explain this lol thanks though

For Kiryu's office it did, I'm not up to Majima's yet.

Ultimadrago

Woo! Congrats! :D

Jimrpg

Surprised there were still some in stock, people in my local forum are pulling their hairs out trying to find a copy.

For Kiryu's office it did, I'm not up to Majima's yet.

I went to the Yakuza 0 page on the Target website - here - https://www.target.com.au/p/yakuza-ps4/60228178

There's a find in store option on the page and just type in your postcode and try your luck.

The stores near me (Glen Waverley, Chadstone, Waverley Gardens) had limited stock, so it could be only a couple of copies.

Woo! Congrats! :D

Thanks man!

Thanks David! Glad you're enjoying the game.

I can finally join you guys after you all have played it!

How wonderful! :p LOL

I've already decided to order it locally in Malaysia for Kiwami. Seems there's a store here that does some imports so I can probably get the US version from them. :)
cool! yeah, i hope you don't have to wait so long again =)

Copy of the game coming in the mail Saturday, pretty hyped for it.

I beat Yakuza 1 and am currently on 2. I might play a little bit of it, just cause I want to see Yakuza in HD. Still got 3, 4, and 5 to play, so I got plenty of Yakuza to keep me busy.

Jimrpg

Copy of the game coming in the mail Saturday, pretty hyped for it.

I beat Yakuza 1 and am currently on 2. I might play a little bit of it, just cause I want to see Yakuza in HD. Still got 3, 4, and 5 to play, so I got plenty of Yakuza to keep me busy.

Yakuza in HD is just fantastic.

As good as the PS2 games are, Yakuza games really benefit from high resolution because there's so many little details everywhere, from signs to shop items, to posters to mini games like Mahjong. The character models also look amazing too.

Yakuza in HD is just fantastic.

As good as the PS2 games are, Yakuza games really benefit from high resolution because there's so many little details everywhere, from signs to shop items, to posters to mini games like Mahjong. The character models also look amazing too.
That's great to hear. Looking forward to taking a look at Yakuza in HD.

Just finished, 48% completion on Normal. Last chapter and ending were fantastic. So was the music.

Question:

Do you unlock a fourth style for Kiryu? I finished the Hostess Clubs for Majima and got Mad Dog, but only did the first billionaire on real estate before getting bored. Any other reasons to press on with it in PA mode?

Just finished, 48% completion on Normal. Last chapter and ending were fantastic. So was the music.

Question:

Do you unlock a fourth style for Kiryu? I finished the Hostess Clubs for Majima and got Mad Dog, but only did the first billionaire on real estate before getting bored. Any other reasons to press on with it in PA mode?

Doing the real estate quests will get you Kiryu's fourth style and a shitload of money.

Now if only Real Estate wasn't such a bloody grind once you hit the Media King's territory.

At least with the Cabaret Club you're always making measurable progress that grows exponentially.

kiaaa

Now if only Real Estate wasn't such a bloody grind once you hit the Media King's territory.

At least with the Cabaret Club you're always making measurable progress that grows exponentially.

Depending on where you are in the game, you can just abuse Mr. Shakedown and cut out some of the running back and forth.

I'm not talking about the money - The grind is a factor of time here and then awful Investment level bars.

By the time I had S-Ranked everything, Kiryu was already part-way through the second level of the Dragon of Dojima style. I think it's better to spend more money on something that is a circle than less money on something that is a double circle if the difference is great enough. Towards the end, I was just using Miracle for almost everything.

Anivyl

Neo Member
I am keen on getting this game soon. stupid question, has anyone bought from amazon AFTER the pre-order (aka recently) and still found themselves with a business edition?

Rymuth

Congrats Arbok. What a long ride.

Your quest to get this game had twists, tears and heartbreak. Basically you've lived through your own Yakuza game

Jimrpg

Congrats Arbok. What a long ride.

Your quest to get this game had twists, tears and heartbreak. Basically you've lived through your own Yakuza game

Yakuza games need extra long waiting times. If you're not waiting for the game you're doing it wrong... :p

Now I need to act surprised when I see Kiryu kick that guy out of the window, because I think I've seen it in just about every review and let's play. :)

Seriously though, i'm really looking forward to it, because I normally just play the main story, but this time I'm going to do some of the side stuff because I've heard so much about it.

Floody

Zero Punctuation review of Yakuza 0 on Majima's "punishment" is on point, lol

I think he kinda miss what his actual punishment was though. You know the
year+ of torture, both physically and mentally and getting his eye cut out.
Him just being someone elses bitch was a part of that.

Yoshi88

I just went from chapter six to ten in one evening yesterday. The story was just that good and kept me on the edge of my seat.

I can't even remember the last time I played a game with story bits this compelling without sacrificing fun gameplay. I love the cutscenes, they are so incredibly well produced and directed.

And I'm surprised how lifelike and well animated the (story relevant) characters are without falling into the uncanny valley for me. Love it.

Baliis

I just went from chapter six to ten in one evening yesterday. The story was just that good and kept me on the edge of my seat.

I can't even remember the last time I played a game with story bits this compelling without sacrificing fun gameplay. I love the cutscenes, they are so incredibly well produced and directed.

And I'm surprised how lifelike and well animated the (story relevant) characters are without falling into the uncanny valley for me. Love it.

I did pretty much the same thing. Credits are rolling now, man what a wild fucking ride. Should've gone to sleep like 2 hours ago but I had to finish. Pretty much everything from Chapter 10 on I just went from story to story with no side stuff, I had to know what happened next. The story doesn't let up at all, this is easily one of the best games I've ever played. The action builds to ridiculous over the top levels and the emotional moments are absolutely heart wrenching. The whole finale is just one "fuck yes" scene to scene for like an hour straight.

Mediking

I thought Kiryu's Rush style was hype... but Majima's Slugger style has the be the BEST fighting style I have ever experienced in a video game. It's so fulfilling and rewarding and hype and powerful.

IrishNinja

okay so one last time before pushing for endgame tonight: ya'll said tie up the cabaret stuff, and i did....they're all beaten, it's all resolved.

but i don't have all the gold girls, and i haven't finished all the special lessons. does that need to be done before premium game or whatever?

So I just beat Jo
Amon
. Did he
replace all my Staminum Sparks with Staminum Sporks
? Also, I love how they arbitrarily say
they will wait 17 years to fight you again.

If you don't want to keep them, sell them at the Pawn Shop for some extra cash.

Arklite

I... I just finished the game. What am I gonna do with my life now?

Also, Majima looks best in 0. Don't like his Mad Dog look at all.

Same, credits just rolled for me, what a ride man. Glad I grinded out the time to get both Kiryu and Majima's final combat styles. Especially Majima as he really comes into his own with it and owns up to his
haircut
, lol.

Sadly this game made me realize how mediocre Yakuza 5 really was for me. I had a blast with 0.

IrishNinja

okay so one last time before pushing for endgame tonight: ya'll said tie up the cabaret stuff, and i did....they're all beaten, it's all resolved.

but i don't have all the gold girls, and i haven't finished all the special lessons. does that need to be done before premium game or whatever?

cmon y'all! can i proceed or nah?

Oh yeah. That guy totally survived though, because non-lethal.

haha just like
gangster-ass kazzy bucking off shots at cars & choppers on that roadside mission, im sure everyone walked away from that

You can do anything in Premium Adventure you missed, so don't worry if you've not 100%ed the completion list before finishing the main game.

Good God. The fight in chapter 9 after coming out of
Serena
. Didn't have any healing items so I had to fight all those armed SOBs straight up. Does Kiryu have a disarm move?

Also Beast has been terrible every time I've used it

Aurelius

Good God. The fight in chapter 9 after coming out of
Serena
. Didn't have any healing items so I had to fight all those armed SOBs straight up. Does Kiryu have a disarm move?
I learned a move to disarm blade wielding enemies in brawler mode from a trainer.

lol, i don't see a lucebuce12 post on this page yet =)
Been preoccupied with my exams but I'm all clear now, ready to get back into posting about the charismatic autobiography!

Ah, he's probably just calibrating.

Fingers crossed that he is a Garrus fan :p
Your faith paid off, I am a Garrus fan :D

That's fantastic! I was getting disheartened seeing how you didn't get your copy, wanted to offer some advice but I don't know much about your region. Glad to hear it all worked out in the end!

cmon y'all! can i proceed or nah?
Just think of it like this.

Is it part of the main story?

If yes, then do that first. If no, then you can do it in premium adventure mode.

Was going through the chef substory with Majima when
the chef got in an accident and his helper wanted me to go kill a turtle for dinner. Nahhhh I'm good, you can work that out for yourself, lady.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I am only in Chapter 1, maybe an hour in, but the game seems pretty linear right now. Does this open up on subsequent Chapters? And do the side missions become available later?

Top Bottom