• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Menitta

How the heck do you get the heat move with Slugger where Majima
puts the end of the bat into a guy's mouth and kicks?

Rymuth

Just discovered the Pocket Car Racing - this game, mang.

Another Yakuza series cameo -
Daigo
- nice to see he's always been shit

RiverKwai

I love how there's surprise heat moves depending on stuff you have in your inventory. Was that something that started in 5? I don't remember it being in 4.

I love how there's surprise heat moves depending on stuff you have in your inventory. Was that something that started in 5? I don't remember it being in 4.

5 had a Seijima heat action with a carrot (or wood idol) and Ishin has the same one with a orange in your inventory, but I can't think of any before then.

RiverKwai

5 had a Seijima heat action with a carrot (or wood idol) and Ishin has the same one with a orange in your inventory, but I can't think of any before then.

Cool, thanks. I got an orange yesterday from some quest and was like "why do I want this?"

First brawl afterwards, I was like "ohhhhhh, that's why". Lol

anyone good at Shogi?

it feels like chess but i got beat bad
Join the club lol
You should totally learn Shogi. It's super fun! Also another perk is that
, I'll be able to ask for your help when I eventually decide to play it myself lol

How the heck do you get the heat move with Slugger where Majima
puts the end of the bat into a guy's mouth and kicks?
It's one of the moves in his sphere grid. You have to press circle and then triangle to perform it.

Menitta

You should totally learn Shogi. It's super fun! Also another perk is that
, I'll be able to ask for your help when I eventually decide to play it myself lol

It's one of the moves in his sphere grid. You have to press circle and then triangle to perform it.

Awesome. Thanks

M.W.

Welp, went out and bought this on lunch. I believe the last Yakuza game I played was one of them on PS3, maybe 3 or 4? I remember liking what I played. And...the reception to 0 is awesome. I'm in.

Peroroncino

Just won my first ever game of Shogi, of course without take backs [or whatever it's called] so shogi mini-game is officially crossed from completion list, yay!

My biggest, proudest gaming achievement ever :

sdMvO0q.png

3 in 1 UFO catcher !

Ultimadrago

I'm in Chapter 4 and can someone explain to me why I like (to hate) Sagawa? He's obviously
an asshole to Majima, but something about them sitting together over a drink while he passively feels out and mocks Majima's goals just feels right from an antagonist POV.

While despicable, he comes off as more of a realist and even has familial bonds that Majima can parallel to, but doesn't mirror. Regardless, if he gets his or otherwise, I think the character has the potential to have a satisfying conclusion. Sagawa comes off unreasonably manipulative and demanding towards Majima, but it just as inquisitive to his absolute resolution. His speech about never washing the blood from your hands with murder comes to mind.

Maybe I'm thinking too much about it. They'll likely be disposable in the narrative.

I'm in Chapter 4 and can someone explain to me why I like (to hate) Sagawa? He's obviously
an asshole to Majima, but something about them sitting together over a drink while he passively feels out and mocks Majima's goals just feels right from an antagonist POV.

While despicable, he comes off as more of a realist and even has familial bonds that Majima can parallel to, but doesn't mirror. Regardless, if he gets his or otherwise, I think the character has the potential to have a satisfying conclusion. Sagawa comes off unreasonably manipulative and demanding towards Majima, but it just as inquisitive to his absolute resolution. His speech about never washing the blood from your hands with murder comes to mind.

Maybe I'm thinking too much about it. They'll likely be disposable in the narrative.
IT'S SHIT LIKE THIS IS WHY I AM LOVING THIS GAME.

3 in 1 UFO catcher !
QUICK, BET 100 MIL ON A CATFIGHT WITH THE SHITTEST GIRL.
Also find it kinda hilarious that your username literally has the word Unlucky in it.

Desmond

I give you, Dunkuza 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__zGnZtL53Q

Came out in 2016 too, rather recently. Also a good point is raised in the comments that the Don Quijote song sounds like it says Donkey over and over which he found hilarious

In Japan, people do refer to it as Donkii hahaha. Everything has a nickname in Japan.

Just got the high-score needed for Fantasy Zone! Yeah, Majima is a beast of a gamer.

I don't think I ever got any of the high scores for the arcade games. I did get the one for Outrun when you have to play it for that Substory, but it didn't count for the CP.

vypek

I'm working overtime for the foreseeable future so I don't know when I'll actually have the free time to play this or any of the games coming up that I plan to play as well. Still decided to buy the game day one for support. It looks super fun and I can't wait to (eventually) jump in.

I try to make it a point not drop in on these threads usually, but this is the beginning of a great character analysis. Me and Mr. Sam Mullen, Chairman of the Sega Clan, have two very different opinions on the character. After you beat the game, please do share your thoughts so one of us can have gloating rights.

Ultimadrago

Yep! I am really looking forward to all of the different personalities that make up the layers of each family and that hit a sweet spot for me.

I try to make it a point not drop in on these threads usually, but this is the beginning of a great character analysis. Me and Mr. Sam Mullen, Chairman of the Sega Clan, have two very different opinions on the character. After you beat the game, please do share your thoughts so one of us can have gloating rights.

Haha, will do! Good to know that it's something to be expanded upon.

gfxtwin

No point lol, this game doesn't have a pro version. It's 1080p/60 fps on both PS4s.

The only Yakuza game with a pro patch is Yakuza 6 and that's coming to the West in early 2018.

Holy shit, Beat has a role in it apparently.

yakuza-6-07-26-16-1.jpg

Does he appear in any of the other games?

Also, which Yakuza was the one that took place in feudal Japan with samurais and whatnot? Is it getting a US release?

One last pestering question, these games include the original japanese voicework, right?

Desmond

yakuza-6-07-26-16-1.jpg

Also, which Yakuza was the one that took place in feudal Japan with samurais and whatnot? Is it getting a US release?

One last pestering question, these games include the original japanese voicework, right?

Takeshi only appears in 6.

There were two set in feudal Japan; Kenzan and Ishin. Neither have been release in the West.

Yes to your final question. Every localised game since 2 has been sub-only.

SephLuis

No. I haven't played Y6 yet, but I think he is one of the major characters in the game.

Yakuza Kenzan was the first with Samurais and it was the first Yakuza on the PS3.
Yakuza Ishin was the second Samurai game and it was the first Yakuza on the PS4.

Neither is getting an US release, but both have guides in english here:
http://www.khhsubs.com/projects.html

Just japanese voices aside from Yakuza 1 US.

JJShadow

3 in 1 UFO catcher !

And I thought I was lucky when I catched 2-in-1 before lol

Just did the cult sidequest and now it's stuck in my head

SHOOREH PIPPI
SHOOREH PIPPI
SHOOREH PIPPI~~

Join my prayer to accumulate kulipaas and purify your souls

gfxtwin

I want to dive right the heck into this series now. I'm gonna play 0 and the remake of the original, but after that I guess I'll jump into 6 since I don't have access to my PS3. I hope they release a collection of the whole series - 0, remakes of 1 and 2, and HD remasters of all the main PS3 games and 6. I would definitely bite.

are you a wizard

QUICK, BET 100 MIL ON A CATFIGHT WITH THE SHITTEST GIRL.
Also find it kinda hilarious that your username literally has the word Unlucky in it.

And I thought I was lucky when I catched 2-in-1 before lol

The little girl need the Chestnut the blue Squirrel ? Hold my beer, I got this...

I AM THE MASTER OF THIS GAME

hbkdx12

I just binged on this game for like 8 hrs mostly doing sidequests and stacking money with majima.

The kids in this game are adorable.

I don't think I ever got any of the high scores for the arcade games. I did get the one for Outrun when you have to play it for that Substory, but it didn't count for the CP.
I only have Super Hang-On left. At first they seem really tough but after a while you'll get better at playing them.

3 in 1 UFO catcher !
The little girl need the Chestnut the blue Squirrel ? Hold my beer, I got this...

I AM THE MASTER OF THIS GAME
*Bow*
Kate Senpai.

xezuru

Is there a quick reference on which buildings you can actually invest in? I think I missed the memo and am literally just spamming x on any building for the look.invest option. Same with hiring staff, I know some are just sidequests but no idea past that.

Is there a quick reference on which buildings you can actually invest in? I think I missed the memo and am literally just spamming x on any building for the look.invest option. Same with hiring staff, I know some are just sidequests but no idea past that.
I'm using this guide since the game doesn't make it particularly easy to locate the places since the signs are all in Japanese.

Top Bottom