• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Fjordson

There are 2 types of clothing in this game. First the accessory kind like the one I mentioned above. which give you some perks but won't affect your appearance. Second are the actual outfits that you can wear.

The accessory type can be changed anytime during gameplay, but the actual outfits only unlock after beating the game.
This is one of my few gripes with Yakuza. It's not a big deal at all, just feels like a weird exclusion.

With all the stores and little side content there is, the fact that I can't go to some clothing store and spend money on a wide variety of dope suits is a damn shame.

This is one of my few gripes with Yakuza. It's not a big deal at all, just feels like a weird exclusion.

With all the stores and little side content there is, the fact that I can't go to some clothing store and spend money a wide variety of dope suits is a damn shame.

Ah, that is a shame. Especially since your bad suit is the first thing your brother criticizes you for.

With all the stores and little side content there is, the fact that I can't go to some clothing store and spend money on a wide variety of dope suits is a damn shame.
Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. I always thought it was a missed opportunity as well.

Why is Kiryu perfection in human form?
C3I6e_YWIAAFL2S.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Does the difficulty of the
coliseum
fights depend on the chosen difficulty level or is that area identical for all difficulty levels?

Finished chapter 2 and started the third. The cutscenes in this game are so well done! Both understated and absurd, somehow. And the music does an incredible job of setting the mood.

I really like how they have developed this Tachibana character, he is equal parts enigmatic, likeable and sinister.

Why are people on the street giving me tissues? lol

It's a marketing technique in Japan. The tissue packets contain inserts advertising products/services. It's actually pretty effective because a packet of tissues is something you actually use (and therefore look at) rather than a flyer which most people will just throw in the trash when they turn the corner. It's still done today in Japan, I always have a spare pack of tissues or two :)

So I'm still on Chapter 2, because I'm the type that tends to do every Mission as they come per chapter and whatever little thing involved with them (I suuuuuck at the Disco mini-game), but I'm enjoying the references. For the aforementioned Disco minigame
(having Ogita from Yakuza 5 was a nice touch, especially with what happens to him)
and for tokusatsu fans this one really surprised me:
The purple jacket Mr. Shakedown is none other than Kamen Rider Gatack/Yuki Sato.

I knew I would enjoy this game and I haven't hit Majima's stuff yet. I'm currently doing some of the RC racing stuff though, really should advance the plot to get to the Money Island stuff.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
Not much of a Yakuza Supporter huh........ </3 When'd you give up on it?
i am a supporter, i did purchased the game new, played the game for about 4 or a little more and simply didn't find the characters interesting, the world while packed with details feels so constrained, it is just me, by no means im saying the game is bad, i thought i could like the game but it was not the case

I managed to trigger a sub story by going into the video shop multiple times. Finally, my obsession with soft core gravure videos has paid off.

Fhtagn

Pretty stoked to currently be ranked #9 on the Space Harrier leaderboards. It's gonna take a lot of work to keep in top ten as it fills up with experts but right now, oh yeah!

Also this is the first time Space Harrier has really clicked for me, what a sensation of speed!!!

I really wish there was a cab for Shinobi... that was the Sega arcade game I played the most as a kid in the 80s cuz our local bowling alley had it.

I haven't looked at online at all, but having leadboards for the arcade is cool af

It sure is! Makes me want to skip the story to set high scores before everyone else gets around to it hahah

Anybody wanna know what the hardest item to get out of the crane machines are?

It's the
bird
toy...I don't know its name yet because I'm still struggling to get them out!!!

I don't even know how much I've spent trying to gethe it...but I'd be willing to be at least 20,000¥ at least by now.

So I just got this game and its my first in the series, loving it so far, reminds me of Shenmue so much.

Question, I keep hearing beeping when I walk around sometimes, and I have no idea what it signifies.

dEvAnGeL

Gold Member
So I just got this game and its my first in the series, loving it so far, reminds me of Shenmue so much.

Question, I keep hearing beeping when I walk around sometimes, and I have no idea what it signifies.
that you're close to a phone booth, the big "S" on the map, it is where you save your game, or it could be a side quest

EDIT: beaten lol

Top Bottom