• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Invis

He showed up for me last night when I had less than 10 million and he had over 100 million. I thought you might need to have a minimum amount before he would bother you, but if he does it seems like it's low

He showed up for me right when you get control of Majima for the first time, and I only had 30,000 on me.

Frimaire

Does anybody know if you need to keep security/manager staff working in an area where you have 100% share and the king is defeated?

Kyrios

Goddamn
when you're scoping out the Odyssey club and see that guy in his underwear dancing in the corner
nearly pissed myself laughing. Funniest thing I've seen in a video game in a long time.

Best part is they don't give any explanation for it lmao

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
At the beginning of chapter 2 ... I did nothing but play minigames and substories tonight, except to take a quick stop to see my bro, encounter Mr. Shakedown and chill at my apartment. Other than those small story things? All side stuff, and I had a ton of fun. Finished five substories, watched my first gravure video, and tried for the first time pool, darts, batting practice (got an S rank on beginner!) and fishing, as well as another try at karaoke!

I'm up to 32 million yen and I'm super paranoid of Mr. Shakedown ... I save at every booth I come across, haha.

this UFO catcher machine all of sudden got extremely hard.

at chapter 4
taking that college girl out
and these dolls are slippery as hell.

took a photo from my game:
6YKkjXPh.jpg

Alastor3

So I finally cave in and bought the game despite having no money for games. It's my first yakuza game despite having playing the demo of the third game and the devs need all the love. I like what I saw so far even if it's a little slow at the start.

Im playing on Hard and im at the first big boss fight and no health items left. First part of the fight is good but at the second part, i can't stagger him anymore and he always wreck me.

Any advice?

StereoVsn

Seems about right, I spent 30 minutes on the crane machines.

And now that the weekend is coming...
I spent good 2 hours on Arcades just in Ch.1! Love Outrun and Space Harrier plus UFO catcher is weirdly addictive.

Spent even more time in Ch.2. At this point HD my time in the game was spent either doing mini games or running around and beating up thugs. The rest was mostly side quests. :)

I just got the dominatrix substory. I literally LOL'd at Kiyru's thoughts, especially when
the kids
showed up. This game is something else.

Rymuth

Mr shakedown is such a good addition to the franchise. Makes traversing feel dynamic.

Hope a similar mechanic comes back in Y6

xezuru

Okay, I'm having trouble with the Rush training. Any tips? Cant seem to dodge the drunk guy...

No idea what you might be having trouble with specifically so hard to tell, but you don't have to strickly dodge him, just not fall down through the entire fight, so technically you can keep running away and only dodge when cornered. Upgrading evasion also helps.

Okay, I'm having trouble with the Rush training. Any tips? Cant seem to dodge the drunk guy...

the drunk guy is actually the hardest one out of all of them lol

anyway you have to get into a corner and wait until the last second before dodging, his telegraph is seriously more punishing than a boss fight

I keep choking on this one and I hate it. 3 seconds to go and I get knocked down, then the next time I try I'll try to dodge and just eat his first attack with 59 seconds left on the clock. With Rush I feel like those very short dodges lead to me dodging early and then catching an attack when I'm between dodges and don't have any i-frames.

Rymuth

No idea what you might be having trouble with specifically so hard to tell, but you don't have to strickly dodge him, just not fall down through the entire fight, so technically you can keep running away and only dodge when cornered. Upgrading evasion also helps.
He flails around and seems to hit me even when i dodge. Ill try running away instead of dodging at the last second

the drunk guy is actually the hardest one out of all of them lol

anyway you have to get into a corner and wait until the last second before dodging, his telegraph is seriously more punishing than a boss fight
Its really bizarre. I beat kuze with rush but the drunk guy is like the magnetic knights from Dark souls 2!
I keep choking on this one and I hate it. 3 seconds to go and I get knocked down, then the next time I try I'll try to dodge and just eat his first attack with 59 seconds left on the clock. With Rush I feel like those very short dodges lead to me dodging early and then catching an attack when I'm between dodges and don't have any i-frames.
Definitely broke down my understanding of the dodge's i-frame. Going to faff about for a bit before trying again.

Kiryu's real estate activity isn't just fun..... it's super freaking addictive! Especially if you have enough CPs to unlock the quick collection perks.

this UFO catcher machine all of sudden got extremely hard.

at chapter 4
taking that college girl out
and these dolls are slippery as hell.

took a photo from my game:

Haven't done the mission so don't know if she requires that exact doll but the lizards in the next one are WAY easier to pick up.

I got three at once because they all linked together.

Oreiller

Beat Mr Shakedown twice with Majima. Punishing him with a single attack when he misses you makes him fairly easy to beat, even though it's pretty tedious.

Impulsor

I can't believe I never played a Yakuza game.

I'm so happy I got this. I already feel so invested in this world.

It really makes me a happy gamer.

So I finally cave in and bought the game despite having no money for games. It's my first yakuza game despite having playing the demo of the third game and the devs need all the love. I like what I saw so far even if it's a little slow at the start.

Im playing on Hard and im at the first big boss fight and no health items left. First part of the fight is good but at the second part, i can't stagger him anymore and he always wreck me.

Any advice?

I had the same issue with the first boss. I kept dying over and over on his second phase, eventually I started grabbing him and either throwing him or using the heat action after the grab if I had some heat meter built. Worked like a charm. (I used brawler). Just keep at it. You'll get past him eventually.
Note that he will counter some of your throws so be careful not to abuse it too much.

Ok so had my first proper 'Yakuza' moment of this game. As a veteran (completed all the others) I must say I didn't expect it so soon.

Literally as soon as the game opens up a bit (chapter 2) -

The substory
with the dominatrix

It was both absurd and funny at the same time. I love the loot you get from substories too.

Tailzo

Ok so had my first proper 'Yakuza' moment of this game. As a veteran (completed all the others) I must say I didn't expect it so soon.

Literally as soon as the game opens up a bit (chapter 2) -

The substory
with the dominatrix

It was both absurd and funny at the same time. I love the loot you get from substories too.

That was funny. Yakuza games have good substories, I even remember some of those in Yakuza 2.

JJShadow

Wow, that long pole training with the Slugger style master is no joke, dodging his attacks is quite a challenge. Had to use a few healing items

Mr Showdown can go f**k himself, lanky giraffe necked motherf**er.

Don't give up mate, make him feel the heat!

Is there a map anywhere of all the partner stores for the
cabaret club storyline
?? It'd be nice to see exactly which one's I've missed.

Also related to the above, a purse and a handbag are the same thing, apparently.

Gacha-pin

Do all of the Shakedown guys follow this logic? I beat up the first one that was sleeping, but the one I lost two might be the second one available.

I'm still in Chapter 2.

Only one of them appears at a time. The one walking around the town is not the one you are looking for, you have to beat him, to be beaten or reload the game to summon the other one...Sorry, I'm not sure if the last one will works.

You will see how this works eventually as you play the game. They will be your best buddies to earn money/xp later in the game.

Is there a map anywhere of all the partner stores for the
cabaret club storyline
?? It'd be nice to see exactly which one's I've missed.

Also related to the above, a purse and a handbag are the same thing, apparently.

Go here: http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/nightlifeisland.html

The same site also has a guide for Kiryu's Real Estate business, but it's translated from the JP version so some stuff might have different wording than what we've seen in the ENG version.

Top Bottom