• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Rymuth

Finally beat the drunk - ran away without locking on to him. I feel so guilty.

How do i buy new properties for Kiryu? Still stuck on the same 2 places.

kiaaa

Finally beat the drunk - ran away without locking on to him. I feel so guilty.

How do i buy new properties for Kiryu? Still stuck on the same 2 places.

Go up to buildings that look like shops you can't normally enter. It's not super intuitive, but you figure it out.

Bought this because of all the GAF hype. Currently in chapter 2 about 8 hours in. Really loving it so far.
Is it normal that there is a lot of pop-in though? Details on cars, trashcans, trees, etc suddenly pop up when you are a few meters away from them and it's really distracting. I haven't seen anyone else mention this so I'm starting to think it's just my copy...

sn00zer

I'm always of the opinion the fights are told through a boasting unreliable narrator. Hence why the streets aren't lined with bodies

Does anyone know the difference between the safety wallet and the secret wallet? Don't know which one to use

Do they stack ?

Also, the lucky money socks, do they make more money at each steps if you got more money on you?

Also, if you catch a sleeping Mr. Shakedow, the harder your pres X the faster you steal his money.

I can already tell by the end of chapter 6 that this is the Rogue One to the Yakuza series.

The Dark, more violent prequel that weaves such an amazing story that it enhances the story that follows.

Truly goty so far.

JPS Kai

Do they stack ?

Also, the lucky money socks, do they make more money at each steps if you got more money on you?

Also, if you catch a sleeping Mr. Shakedow, the harder your pres X the faster you steal his money.

Nope, you get an abysmally small amount per step. The Mew Shoes give you a little more and have the added bonus of meowing with every step, but are otherwise just as useless.

I would use whichever one gives you higher defensive stats or has the bonus of 'increasing financial luck' which should translate into an extra multiplier for funds won from battle.

Also, Majima can't increase the cash he gets from Mr. Shakedown. I've tested weapons that increase money dropped, accessories that do the same, and none of them will go over the amount of money that he stole from you (except for the small amount you get for hitting him). Kiryu's the only one that can make farming him viable.

mojo2

Neo Member
Shit, chapter one had more plot and better writing than all the games I've played in five years.
So glad I got into this weird thing.

MYeager

Does anybody know if you need to keep security/manager staff working in an area where you have 100% share and the king is defeated?

You have to still assign them but they don't have to be good ones as I was never attacked or had collection issues after defeating the king of an area.

Beat Mr Shakedown twice with Majima. Punishing him with a single attack when he misses you makes him fairly easy to beat, even though it's pretty tedious.

Can't beat M. Shakedown with majima. I have to cheese it stocking on Heat drink and just Heat Move him...

Shakedown with Majima isn't actually that hard. I key is to have a TON of Staminans, and it you want to be efficient some Toughnesses and Taurieners. Basically fill your entire inventory with healing, and go after him with Slugger Mode. Dodge like crazy, and when he misses his big wind up punch hit him with either 3-4 squares, or 2 squares and then triangle. Just be careful with the last one, if you hit a pole or a wall, it can stun you long enough for him to get revenge. Also ABUSE the bat knockdown heat action it does a lot of damage and knocks him down. Once he's on the ground make sure your locked on and hammer triangle until he gets up. You can get around 1/4 of his life early on doing that. I'm at the beginning of Chapter 4, and have over 200,000,000 yen. I've also upgraded both Thug and Slugger pretty high, filling out all of the 15,000,000 yen upgrades. I'm just waiting for breaker to unlock before I go further.

Does anyone know the difference between the safety wallet and the secret wallet? Don't know which one to use

Safety saves you a lot more money if you get shaken down. I use it when farming Mr. Shakedown so that I can rebuy healing quickly if I need to.

Clive

My first Yakuza game. Picking it up and starting it tonight after I put my son to bed. I am so very pumped.

Congrats on the best gaming decision of your life. Also, mandatory you save at phone booths, marked "S" on the mini map. No auto save in this games.

JJShadow

One is safer, the other is very sneaky

Lol got nothing, sorry

You made me laugh at least haha

Safety saves you a lot more money if you get shaken down. I use it when farming Mr. Shakedown so that I can rebuy healing quickly if I need to.

Thanks! It seems to be a good option for Mr. Shakedown fights. Reading again the description for each, it seems like the secret wallet let you store a certain amount a money that can't be lost if you get shaken down, but I'm not sure

My first Yakuza game. Picking it up and starting it tonight after I put my son to bed. I am so very pumped.

Obligatory

9NHJtuGha.gif

Menitta

I kinda miss the weird dialogue the street punks gave before fights. "I've been seeing you around town too much lately" said the punk to Saejima, the man who's been in prison for the last 25 years.

Top Bottom