• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

i love it when you fight chinese people in yakuza games because they either hold big ass broadswords or are doing the same style of king fu and hamming it up

I don't think I've ever fought a Korean person in yakuza tho, at least not yet, haven't played 1-2

2 deals with the Korean Mob.

I'm really enjoying the story, but the camera controls, AI and combat (Because of the camera and enemies mainly) feel so dated to me I just don't think I can get past it. I put it up on Amazon, so if it sells I think I'll just watch a playthrough.

I can definitely see why people are having fun, but I don't think it is for me. I think I would have been more receptive of a title like this back in the mid-2000's.

Anyone have a video series they recommend that shows interesting side quests and such that are worth watching as well? I just think I'd rather spend the time on another game, but I'm intrigued by the story.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I've gotten Special Bait from those random vending machines, but I don't think that is required.

I've caught salmon and eel on the "north" side of the canal and a turtle on the "south" side.

EDIT: Here is a better example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TD8U3_jskA

Thanks very much for that, appreciate it :)

Buy the best fishing rod at the pawn shop.

Ah I already have it, I just wasn't having any luck. I'll give it another go though :)

MYeager

Ah I already have it, I just wasn't having any luck. I'll give it another go though :)

Huh, try different areas? I got the eel and bass with no bait before I even knew it was part of a sub story. I just had a bunch of fish in my item box from fishing!

I'm really enjoying the story, but the camera controls, AI and combat (Because of the camera and enemies mainly) feel so dated to me I just don't think I can get past it. I put it up on Amazon, so if it sells I think I'll just watch a playthrough.

I can definitely see why people are having fun, but I don't think it is for me. I think I would have been more receptive of a title like this back in the mid-2000's.

Anyone have a video series they recommend that shows interesting side quests and such that are worth watching as well? I just think I'd rather spend the time on another game, but I'm intrigued by the story.
Too bad, i guess it's not for you. I don't get how anyone can be this picky. Not hating, just can't fathom it.
The game is better and more fun than most AAA games these days despite some dated aspects. Just enjoy yourself and lose 5hrs to some mini games.

Maybe I'd be more inclined to keep it if I can unlock the camera somehow? Maybe the enemies just feel so barebones because I'm only on like chapter 4? Can I unlock the camera or change the mode somehow? I really really don't like how it's locked often or tries to always recenter, can I not pan freely?

Too bad, i guess it's not for you. I don't get how anyone can be this picky. Not hating, just can't fathom it.

Let me put it this way. Metal Gear Solid 3, is one of my all-time favourite games. I struggle to replay it because of the extremely dated controls.

Menitta

One thing I really like about Yakuza 0 is that they present substories to you. You don't have to go out and specifically look for them. They just kinda happen as you explore.

I'm getting deep into chapter 1 and this game is really something

I do wish that all of the side stuff wasn't currently locked but yeah. The karaoke bit was actually awesome so I'm ready to lose myself in the minigames and arcades

Maybe I'd be more inclined to keep it if I can unlock the camera somehow? Maybe the enemies just feel so barebones because I'm only on like chapter 4? Can I unlock the camera or change the mode somehow? I really really don't like how it's locked forward at all times, can I not pan freely?

Let me put it this way. Metal Gear Solid 3, is one of my all-time favourite games. I struggle to replay it because of the extremely dated controls.
Shit, that's too bad. I love and still play through all the mgs games every so often. Sorry, man, don't know what to say... At least you gave it a shot.

Erevador

Haven't bought the game yet (will soon when I have more free time), but I noticed that it was sold out at couple different stores today. Hope that's a good sign for overall sales.

Menitta

Do I have to complete chapter 1 to open up the world fully? I feel really restricted so far.

Yeah, after chapter 1, you'll have more freedom.

Edit: lol damn gaf didn't refresh.

Oh my god this freaking substory where you help a dude cross a bridge with his jacket is so difficult! I barely get half way!

After getting my butt handed to me so many times, It's gotten to the point where I beat Mr. Shakedown with Majima so many times that I'm at the start of chapter 8, I've upgraded all my abilities without unlocking the sphere grid's last stage, and I still have 5.5 billion.

This is gonna be fun.

A little gameplay introduction video and preview of a single sidestory;
Yakuza 0 - Game Invasion (Sidestory Gameplay)

I was thinking seeing at its many gamers jumping on point to the Yakuza series, of making video guides for each of the mini-games, including all the tips & tricks and quest related things. Is there any specific mini-games you guys find challenging or need clarification on?

I need to get 112 million to buy the parts for the optimal set up for the last pocket circuit race

I love pocket circuit a lot but dang it's a money pit
Wait till you get to Kiryu's real estate activity. I've only beaten 3 of the billionaires thus far, but I'm already making +300mil yen every 4-5 minutes.

Top Bottom