• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Frimaire

I can't make it through this phone minigame because I can't help but ask the wrong questions.
(ask something personal)
"First Kill?"
"not telling"

just took a break and went out for dinner. my stopped by my Japanese grocery and the snack section reminded me of M mart =)
jH5w4e5.jpg

After you start the real estate mini game and have her friendship meter 80% full

Majima has a similar item as well.

The big guy? Yeah, he managed to land a couple of hits on me as well, but the ability to dodge out of his combo really saved the day for me.

It's tied to Kiryu's real estate activity. For me it was unlocked after beating the first billionaire.

This game is so good. I love this world so much more than any GTA and I don't even have any experience with japanese culture. There is so much detail and passion. It's the best example that games don't have to be a huge open world. Bigger doesn't mean better. Yakuza Zero is one of the best 'open world' (If you want to call it open world) games I've ever played. This is also the best 'mafia' game I've ever played. The story is amazing.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Alrighty, started my second playthrough, this time on legendary.

... the first boss of the first chapter almost killed me and I had a full set of healing items on me. :D

Awesome.

Menitta

Already, started my second playthrough, this time on legendary.

... the first boss of the first chapter almost killed me and I had a full set of healing items on me. :D

Awesome.

So I'm playing this on Hard and the last boss I just fought was quite easy. The stuff you get with Rush makes any 1v1 fight that's not Shakedown easy. I wish I could start on Legend.

Edit: Fuck I really hope I didn't just guess how these two stories tie together.

Edit 2: is it possible to complete both characters side stories (real estate and Cabaret) on the first run?

So I'm playing this on Hard and the last boss I just fought was quite easy. The stuff you get with Rush makes any 1v1 fight that's not Shakedown easy. I wish I could start on Legend.

Edit: Fuck I really hope I didn't just guess how these two stories tie together.
I'm at chapter 6 and my guess is that (chapter 4 spoilers)
the blind girl is either the owner of empty lot or the owners know her.

I really hope that I'm wrong.

Ultimadrago

@ Young Master's Demand quest for Yakuza vets:
Wow, I wasn't expecting someone so loosely important to be central to a side story. Does Daigo Dojima become a major player in future events of the series?

xezuru

End Game Questions:

Are there any sidequests for a character in his not home town?

Do you need security in a District if you already beat the king and have no opposition?

SephLuis

LOL i was supposed to go out to karaoke with some friends today but decided to stay in and play Yakuza 0 =)

You should invite your friends to your house and play Yakuza karaoke.

Why is my controller vibrating every few seconds, when running around?

Not sure why. Is Mr. Libido around or following you ?

End Game Questions:

Do you need security in a District if you already beat the king and have no opposition?

Second question:
No security needed as far as I know, but they can help you in some fights in that area

Menitta

Would Thug be the best style for Majima against Shakedown? I tried Breaker and slugger and they didn't seem that efficient.

Favorite side thing so far (Chapter 6):

"What the hell? People can win money sending in postcards to this loud ass radio show? Man that's dumb. I'm totally gonna write postcards to this radio show."

D-Man

Man, Chapter 4's beginning. Slight Y4 spoilers:
The fact that they showed the aftermath of Saejima's failed hit was so damn cool. When playing Y4, I always wonder how Majima felt after all of that went down since we only saw things from Saejima's perspective besides that flashback they showed in the game and at the start of this chapter. I'm glad I played Y4 before this since it made me really happy to see this continuity nod.

Just bought this game and put the disc in to download the patch (quickest download ever).

I apologise for this has no doubt been asked before but I don't want to look through the thread in case there's spoilers but how far into the game do you need to go to get the free DLC items? I'm holding off on Yakuza 0 until I get the KHDDD platinum and finish Gravity Rush 2 but I don't wanna miss out on the DLC.

Thanks.

Conezays

Just bought this game and put the disc in to download the patch (quickest download ever).

I apologise for this has no doubt been asked before but I don't want to look through the thread in case there's spoilers but how far into the game do you need to go to get the free DLC items? I'm holding off on Yakuza 0 until I get the KHDDD platinum and finish Gravity Rush 2 but I don't wanna miss out on the DLC.

Thanks.

Probably within the first hour at a certain location. Not really a spoiler but it's at
the shrine.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Where the fuck do I find an eel, turtle and salmon ? I know I have to go fishing but damnit I'm getting everything BUT those fuckin things - using normal and quality bait. Maybe there's a better type of bait I haven't been able to buy yet.

i love it when you fight chinese people in yakuza games because they either hold big ass broadswords or are doing the same style of king fu and hamming it up

I don't think I've ever fought a Korean person in yakuza tho, at least not yet, haven't played 1-2

Caim

Where the fuck do I find an eel, turtle and salmon ? I know I have to go fishing but damnit I'm getting everything BUT those fuckin things - using normal and quality bait. Maybe there's a better type of bait I haven't been able to buy yet.

I've gotten Special Bait from those random vending machines, but I don't think that is required.

I've caught salmon and eel on the "north" side of the canal and a turtle on the "south" side.

EDIT: Here is a better example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TD8U3_jskA

MYeager

Probably within the first hour at a certain location. Not really a spoiler but it's at
the shrine.

What? I don't know if it's because I have an early review copy but Bob doesn't give me anything.

Would Thug be the best style for Majima against Shakedown? I tried Breaker and slugger and they didn't seem that efficient.

Thug is what I'm successful at with this.

This rush training is kicking my ass. Help?

First two: just walk away from
The rest: Triple dash away from

End Game Questions:

Not that I've found

You need to assign one but I've never been attacked in an area where I've beaten the king.

Yup that's what I guessed too. I also hope I'm wrong.

I mean regardless you should be realizing that
there's no simple things in Yakuza 0. Everything is convoluted as hell and super emotional. Know that whether you're right or wrong doesn't mean that it there isn't a whole level of holy shit-ness around it.

MYeager

Buy the best fishing rod at the pawn shop.

Top Bottom