• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Y3 plot was a farce

Long lost twin brother who's also a badass american CIA agent.

Even by Yakuza standards, that was a bad joke
It started out well.
Taking care of the kids, meeting new Yakuza who are completely different from what you expect.
But yeah, it just got crazier and crazier as it went on, and
not in a Y4 Telenovella
twist sort of way. Though it gave us the unbelievable awesome boss fight at the end
versus Mine

doing chapter 3 side missions, & i gotta admit, i'm having a hard time reconciling this version of majima to the majima i've always known & loved (that's thru all the games since the series began, except for isshin). i realize it's still early, & something could happen to change this, but damn! it's not that i'm not liking him, it's just seriously weird! :) ...

Ok I'm at chapter 2 now, so I went to the Tokyo Pier on a whim (I just discovered that you can take taxi here and it appeared as a destination)....

And I discovered that I can fish, so I tried... Got Great White Shark as my first fish. What do fishes do here? Collectibles? Recovery?

That fight as Majima in Chapter 7 (or was it 8?) against
the dude in the red suit who is basically Goro Majima's future
. Holy shit, that was so good :D
Ok I'm at chapter 2 now, so I went to the Tokyo Pier on a whim (I just discovered that you can take taxi here and it appeared as a destination)....

And I discovered that I can fish, so I tried... Got Great White Shark as my first fish. What do fishes do here? Collectibles? Recovery?
You can sell the fish to make some money. Can't consume them. And there is CP tied to fishing so it's there for completion.

Just a side activity, though some side quests require fish. One in particular as Majima REQUIRES you to fish to get them while one as Kiryu can just be done by buying fish from somewhere.

And you can get some seriously good stuff. Once got a briefcase with 10 mil inside.

I don't understand it at all - after I use my boost it's just a case of waiting for the other cars to go past me and finish last/last but one. I must be missing something but I don't know what.

And that Japanese take on chess makes no sense to me at all.

You have to change your parts to win races. And you have to change them based on each individual race, as the different properties of the track requires different stats/parts/etc. Such as races with lots of slopes need power parts in order to be able to handle them

Desmond

customizing :D

You have to change your parts to win races. And you have to change them based on each individual race, as the different properties of the track requires different stats/parts/etc. Such as races with lots of slopes need power parts in order to be able to handle them

I don't understand it at all - after I use my boost it's just a case of waiting for the other cars to go past me and finish last/last but one. I must be missing something but I don't know what.

And that Japanese take on chess makes no sense to me at all.

http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/pocketcircuit.html

I followed this to win every race without fail. So easy with the right parts.

JJShadow

I really like how the game throw sidequests at you constantly even if you don't look for them, there is one in every single corner, it's really difficult to progress in the main story in this game lol

I also just finished chapter 4, the ending was so tense, completely loved it, and that cliffhanger man
I really hope Majima let the blind girl alive :(

Menitta

This is the first Yakuza game where I'm actively doing substories. I did a few in Yakuza 4 and barely any in 5, but here they're fantastic. They're funny and you meet such great and fun characters.

Owensboro

Does anyone know what the value of 1 Yen was in USD in 1984? To put my mind around the numbers people keep saying I'm just dropping two zeros from the prices, but that's just today's exchange rate. Was the Yen equivalent at the time? Double?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
This is the first Yakuza game where I'm actively doing substories. I did a few in Yakuza 4 and barely any in 5, but here they're fantastic. They're funny and you meet such great and fun characters.
the first two games had pretty cool side missions

Can I safely sell Plates? In their description, you can read "could be sold for a princely sum". But I read that I need some items for weapon modding, so how do I distinguish what I need from what I can sell?

StereoVsn

Can I safely sell Plates? In their description, you can read "could be sold for a princely sum". But I read that I need some items for weapon modding, so how do I distinguish what I need from what I can sell?
Yeah, just pawn them off. Ruby plate brings in a cool 10mil and can be found in Ch1 even.

danowat

Banned
What do I do with all this stuff I've got?, fishes, plates, tissues, plushies etc etc, is it all just to hawk at pawn shops?, or does it serve some purpose later on in the game.

Also, Sorree Pippe, lol

MYeager

Thanks.

My Business is constantly in trouble. That's annoying tbh.

And why is the advisor constantly changing? WTF man

I don't see that anyone answered this so far so here's way more information than you asked for:

Real Estate Battle Royale tips

In the Real Estate game you have properties you run and employees. There are three levels of employees, advisors, security and managers. When you start the mode you can manage your properties and this is where the advisors come in. You select a property from a list and then can invest in it, however you want to use the best advisor to maximize how much the money you spend increases the value of the property.

You can select different advisors by hitting left or right after you've chosen a property to invest in. You only get to invest once per turn so make sure you are choosing the right advisor. Each property might have different characteristics, like an eating establishment will fall under the fork icon, etc. This will be highlighted for the property. Different advisors specialize in different things and are rated as this:
X = Bad
Triangle = Ok
Circle = Good
A Circle within a Circle = The Best

Select the right advisor when investing. A cheaper advisor with a circle will be better than a more expensive one with an X. Invest, get those properties up to S Rank! You 'own' a greater percentage of the area each time a property increases rank. Advisors aren't like security or managers, you can use one multiple times in a turn.

Security and Managers - Select manage properties and then R1 to assign staff. You should always have one manager and one security person. For both note that in their stats there's a graph that says 1-2-3-4-5 and underneath that positive or negative numbers. That's the amount of turns that will affect their stats. So a security guard who has a -4 under the first turn but a 2 on the third will be lower your security on the first turn but beef it up on the third time he's out there. For managers this affects the market bonus increase or decrease at collection time. Watch this and make sure you are switching managers and security or you'll have burnt out staff and be making less and getting attacked more. The stars for Manager are important as they're essentially the 'Health Bar' for cash attacks. The more stars, the more they can withstand, but if you have the dough to fight back it doesn't matter much.

If you want to increase properties look at the business map of the area you want to increase. Leisure area for example is mostly up and down one street that's highlighted on the map. Walk that area and buy properties by hitting X when it says Look. There's a marked map someone linked as well but I didn't find it difficult to find these. Personally I preferred to focus on one area at a time so that I'd have enough staff and didn't have to face the wrath of multiple Kings at once but it's up to you.

Use CP points at the shrine to speed up collection time!

TL;DR - Use the right advisors for the property before investing, switch up manager and security staff to avoid negative stats, and buy more properties.

I don't see that anyone answered this so far so here's way more information than you asked for:

In the Real Estate game you have properties you run and employees. There are three levels of employees, advisors, security and managers. When you start the mode you can manage your properties and this is where the advisors come in. You select a property from a list and then can invest in it, however you want to use the best advisor to maximize how much the money you spend increases the value of the property.

You can select different advisors by hitting left or right after you've chosen a property to invest in. You only get to invest once per turn so make sure you are choosing the right advisor. Each property might have different characteristics, like an eating establishment will fall under the fork icon, etc. This will be highlighted for the property. Different advisors specialize in different things and are rated as this:
X = Bad
Triangle = Ok
Circle = Good

Select the right advisor when investing. A cheaper advisor with a circle will be better than a more expensive one with an X. Invest, get those properties up to S Rank! You 'own' a greater percentage of the area each time a property increases rank. Advisors aren't like security or managers, you can use one multiple times in a turn.

Security and Managers - Select manage properties and then R1 to assign staff. You should always have one manager and one security person. For both note that in their stats there's a graph that says 1-2-3-4-5 and underneath that positive or negative numbers. That's the amount of turns that will affect their stats. So a security guard who has a -4 under the first turn but a 2 on the third will be lower your security on the first turn but beef it up on the third time he's out there. For managers this affects the market bonus increase or decrease at collection time. Watch this and make sure you are switching managers and security or you'll have burnt out staff and be making less and getting attacked more. The stars for Manager are important as they're essentially the 'Health Bar' for cash attacks. The more stars, the more they can withstand, but if you have the dough to fight back it doesn't matter much.

If you want to increase properties look at the business map of the area you want to increase. Leisure area for example is mostly up and down one street that's highlighted on the map. Walk that area and buy properties by hitting X when it says Look. There's a marked map someone linked as well but I didn't find it difficult to find these. Personally I preferred to focus on one area at a time so that I'd have enough staff and didn't have to face the wrath of multiple Kings at once but it's up to you.

TL;DR - Use the right advisors for the property before investing, switch up manager and security staff to avoid negative stats, and buy more properties.

Thank you :)

X = Bad
Triangle = Ok
Circle = Good

thx i didn't know what circle triangle meant in ratings.

16142404_150206552315seps6.jpg

Ultimadrago

Anyone know how to buy sega. Have to talk to Luca but don't know how to start her sidequests.

Play the Outrun machine close to her until you hit Game Over and enter a High Score. You can Quit the game after that.

She first talked to me then. Following the meet, rinse and repeat to eventually max her out (allowing you to buy the arcade) and complete her personal events (beating her high scores).

Play the Outrun machine close to her until you hit Game Over and enter a High Score. You can Quit the game after that.

She first talked to me then. Following the meet, rinse and repeat to eventually max her out (allowing you to buy the arcade) and complete her personal events (beating her high scores).

Nice one. Started the sidequest. Time to be the business king.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Does anyone know what the value of 1 Yen was in USD in 1984? To put my mind around the numbers people keep saying I'm just dropping two zeros from the prices, but that's just today's exchange rate. Was the Yen equivalent at the time? Double?

Per fxtop.com

In Nov 1988 10,000 yen was 81.70 usd.
So 81.70 USD in 2016 dollars is 165.75.

Hellshy.

Where can I get better motors for the pocket racers? I thought there was one at Don Quote market but after I bought everything but the motor, I went back and the motor is gone.

datwr

Where can I get better motors for the pocket racers? I thought there was one at Don Quote market but after I bought everything but the motor, I went back and the motor is gone.

You can buy one from the guy in the "Secret password" quest in south Komuro Shopping Area. I dont think there is one in Don Quijote, other stuff in there.

Top Bottom