• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Where can I get better motors for the pocket racers? I thought there was one at Don Quote market but after I bought everything but the motor, I went back and the motor is gone.

Items don't sell out at stores, so likely it wasn't there to begin with. Try the shop at the pocket racer place (that sells all sorts of stuff), the pawn shop (sells a few pocket racer bits), also the guy from the password quest also sells a few pocket circuit related bits. Also, the vending machines may stock engine parts, but its a complete gamble on what you'll actually get out of them.

Hellshy.

You can buy one from the guy in the "Secret password" quest in south Komuro Shopping Area. I dont think there is one in Don Quijote, other stuff in there.

Oh that's right. It was really late when I found the motor. Just got the locations mixed up. Thank you

ch4fx_

Last night @ 2am: "what's this Sega arcade?"

Completed chapter 1 of my first Yakuza game last night. I was really worried the long cutscenes/mass amounts of subtitles would turn me off from the game, but jesus fucking christ this story. YGAF was not kidding about this being a crime drama, huh? I'm sold, 100%. Can't wait to get free tonight so I can continue through chapter 2. Spoiler tagged below.

drop kicking Yoneda through the bathroom window & catching myself on the ledge?
, wow.

Should I be doing anything specific? I bought "potions" (can't remember what they're called) from a general store, but that's all I've spent ¥ on thus far.

You have to work your way down. Pick a dish that doesnt have a tick mark next to it. When you've sampled everything a restaurant has to offer, you'll get a Completion Point

Is there a rhyme or reason to it past tryin everything? & do different restaurants have different things/do different things unlock further down the line?

MYeager

The
Fortune teller
sub story was pretty great.
I'm going to have 8 kids and end up a taxi driver?!

The
sugar daddy
sub story was both kind of gross and not interesting to do.

Last night @ 2am: "what's this Sega arcade?"

Completed chapter 1 of my first Yakuza game last night. I was really worried the long cutscenes/mass amounts of subtitles would turn me off from the game, but jesus fucking christ this story. YGAF was not kidding about this being a crime drama, huh? I'm sold, 100%. Can't wait to get free tonight so I can continue through chapter 2. Spoiler tagged below.

drop kicking Yoneda through the bathroom window & catching myself on the ledge?
, wow.

Should I be doing anything specific? I bought "potions" (can't remember what they're called) from a general store, but that's all I've spent ¥ on thus far.

Yen is used for upgrading your characters, so focus on doing that where you can. Also, soon enough you'll open up side missions for both characters that require lots of money to buy up properties to progress (which in turn, will earn you even more money once you complete the side quests) so you'll want to start putting money toward that stuff once its unlocked.

I don't see that anyone answered this so far so here's way more information than you asked for:

Real Estate Battle Royale tips

In the Real Estate game you have properties you run and employees. There are three levels of employees, advisors, security and managers. When you start the mode you can manage your properties and this is where the advisors come in. You select a property from a list and then can invest in it, however you want to use the best advisor to maximize how much the money you spend increases the value of the property.

You can select different advisors by hitting left or right after you've chosen a property to invest in. You only get to invest once per turn so make sure you are choosing the right advisor. Each property might have different characteristics, like an eating establishment will fall under the fork icon, etc. This will be highlighted for the property. Different advisors specialize in different things and are rated as this:
X = Bad
Triangle = Ok
Circle = Good
A Circle within a Circle = The Best

Select the right advisor when investing. A cheaper advisor with a circle will be better than a more expensive one with an X. Invest, get those properties up to S Rank! You 'own' a greater percentage of the area each time a property increases rank. Advisors aren't like security or managers, you can use one multiple times in a turn.

Security and Managers - Select manage properties and then R1 to assign staff. You should always have one manager and one security person. For both note that in their stats there's a graph that says 1-2-3-4-5 and underneath that positive or negative numbers. That's the amount of turns that will affect their stats. So a security guard who has a -4 under the first turn but a 2 on the third will be lower your security on the first turn but beef it up on the third time he's out there. For managers this affects the market bonus increase or decrease at collection time. Watch this and make sure you are switching managers and security or you'll have burnt out staff and be making less and getting attacked more. The stars for Manager are important as they're essentially the 'Health Bar' for cash attacks. The more stars, the more they can withstand, but if you have the dough to fight back it doesn't matter much.

If you want to increase properties look at the business map of the area you want to increase. Leisure area for example is mostly up and down one street that's highlighted on the map. Walk that area and buy properties by hitting X when it says Look. There's a marked map someone linked as well but I didn't find it difficult to find these. Personally I preferred to focus on one area at a time so that I'd have enough staff and didn't have to face the wrath of multiple Kings at once but it's up to you.

Use CP points at the shrine to speed up collection time!

TL;DR - Use the right advisors for the property before investing, switch up manager and security staff to avoid negative stats, and buy more properties.
Amazing write-up on real estate activity, man. The only thing that I have to add is this link which gives you the location of all properties.
http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/moneyisland.html

hbkdx12

Do these circuit racers have some kind of RNG tied to them? (Besides starting off in different lanes)

For the life of me i can't beat the intermediate track (the one with the two slopes near the end of the track). The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that i did the quest with the kids where you end up going against the little girl and you race on that same exact track and i found the right RC mods to get through it without ever tilting other than if i was boosting around a corner

But when i do this race normally with the same mods, i can get to about lap 8 or so and once i'm on the inner most track and i go over the first slope, i'll start to tilt even though i hadn't tilted in that lane in any other previous lap and i can't seem to beat this stage because the amount of gauge i burn through on that tilt, i can't afford to use any boosts whether it be before or after, because at some point i won't have enough gauge to deal with everything.

ch4fx_

Yen is used for upgrading your characters, so focus on doing that where you can. Also, soon enough you'll open up side missions for both characters that require lots of money to buy up properties to progress (which in turn, will earn you even more money once you complete the side quests) so you'll want to start putting money toward that stuff once its unlocked.

I imagine beating down bad dudes in the streets will not fund these side businesses, huh? & as to not waste any money, are there any specific upgrades I "need"? I prefer the Brawler fighting style if that matters?

PS. Beating down bad dudes in the street is fucking awesome.

datwr

Do these circuit racers have some kind of RNG tied to them? (Besides starting off in different lanes)

For the life of me i can't beat the intermediate track (the one with the two slopes near the end of the track). The thing that doesn't make sense to me is that i did the quest with the kids where you end up going against the little girl and you race on that same exact track and i found the right RC mods to get through it without ever tilting other than if i was boosting around a corner

But when i do this race normally with the same mods, i can get to about lap 8 or so and once i'm on the inner most track and i go over the first slope, i'll start to tilt even though i hadn't tilted in that lane in any other previous lap and i can't seem to beat this stage because the amount of gauge i burn through on that tilt, i can't afford to use any boosts whether it be before or after, because at some point i won't have enough gauge to deal with everything.

Pocket Circuit is total RNG. A good combination of parts makes a difference, but I have had races gone without a hitch. And the same race with the same parts trying to fly of the track several times the first lap :p

EDIT: Talking about the same lane btw.

Menitta

I think I discovered something about Shakedown. That grab move he does. I don't think he can grab you when your spinning as Majima in Breaker style. You'll fall down but you'll take no damage.

I have to try it more.

I never really felt that the Pocket Circuit stuff was RNG. When using the right equipment I won every single time, only think I had to be careful on was when to use the boost button so as to not fly off the courses. I used the KHH Subs guide, worked perfectly for me!

I imagine beating down bad dudes in the streets will not fund these side businesses, huh? & as to not waste any money, are there any specific upgrades I "need"? I prefer the Brawler fighting style if that matters?

Its really up to you which upgrades you go for, just read the descriptions and judge for yourself if the move sounds like something you'll get lots of use out of, that's how I usually decide. However certain skills will require you to unlock previous skills first.

DC1

Brawlers good/it's doesn't matter. However the vast majority of your money will come from repeatedly beating the Shakedowns bros. I had 6 billion yen on Crazy Kaz by the time I started chapter 3.

Keep in mind the the numbers ramp up significantly every time they return after you defeat them. Secondly, I you allow yourself to be defeated, your returns from beating him (after your lost) will be 100% of what he has on him plus 50% (or something like that).

SkylineRKR

This game.

Played it 4 hours straight today. Story, atmosphere is spot on. Beat Outrun right off the bat. Gameplay feels better than it has ever been.

I don't think i'm going to regret leaving RE7 on the shelves for now. Yakuza 0 feels like the most fun game I played in a long ass time.

EndMerit

Any tips about Champion's Circuit? I have almost all the parts already, but I just can't seem to find correct combination of enough speed, balance and weight.
Observing other racers, it seems like I'd need about 60 speed, about 50 Acceleration and lots of weight (to not jump too far on that first hill).

datwr

Any tips for getting three strikes in a row? I'm not the best at bowling :/

Go all the way to the left and click X two times quick. You should get the arrow slightly to the right of the first pin. Adjust during throw if not perfect. Then 90+ power.
The ball should touch the first pin slightly and you get a strike. Hopefully.

Thats how I have done in all other games and worked perfectly fine in Zero also.

MYeager

Go all the way to the left and click X two times quick. You should get the arrow slightly to the right of the first pin. Adjust during throw if not perfect. Then 90+ power.

Thats how I have done in all other games and worked perfectly fine in Zero also.

I use the lightest ball one step to the right, throw it straight at max power. Strikes all day long

I finally got the courage to take on Mr. Shakedown and netted a decent 6 million yen but I wish I had done more substories (I just finished Chapter 6) to unlock more employees for the real estate stuff, which I finally am starting to grasp better.

Any help on getting the fish ingredients for that chef girl?

I hope it doesn't involve fishing
Prepare for the worst. It can only be done through fishing.

Get the 30 mil rod from the pawn shop, it'll make life much easier. You can also get bait from m store.

datwr

Any tips about Champion's Circuit? I have almost all the parts already, but I just can't seem to find correct combination of enough speed, balance and weight.
Observing other racers, it seems like I'd need about 60 speed, about 50 Acceleration and lots of weight (to not jump too far on that first hill).

KHHsubs have a great guide for Zero, havnt looked at the Pocket Circuit one yet, but from the quality of the other ones this one should also be very good.
http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/pocketcircuit.html
Note that its translated from the japanese versiones and therefore most names are a bit different, but should be no problems matching them together.

Any help on getting the fish ingredients for that chef girl?

I hope it doesn't involve fishing

Totally involves fishing :p
Fishing way easier in Zero tho, some some button pressing this time.
Buy the best rod from Ebisu and get some bait from M store.

For the quest you need to go to both top and bottom fishing spots.
Dont remember the shadow shapes tho, the Turtle is at the bottom place is all I remember.

Damn this worked, lol. Thanks!

mojo2

Neo Member
IMG_20170128_202546.jpg
Going balls deep tonight.

Loving the game so far. Are they going to tutorialize food, shopping, and the melee weapons I see that you can buy?

I guess overall does this game tutorialize it's many systems or do I have to start experimenting? (to show how early I am, I just unlocked Rush mode).

hollomat

Banned
Never played a Yakuza game, and while I'm only on chapter 2, I'm really enjoying it so far. I love the games sense of humor.

Spoilers for a trophy and a side mission:

I laughed out loud at the trophy for watching an erotic video ("I did it for the trophy"). I also thought the S&M side mission was hysterical, especially when the kids on the playground ask what you're doing.

convo

Unlocked breakdancing and holy shit the OTGs. Got two consecutive wins against Mr.Shakedown with my trusty bat before i ran out of healing items. Thanks to that wallet accessory i'm also not losing all my money when i lose. I need to progress to get more money-generating going but it has been fun doing all the side stuff.

Menitta

Unlocked breakdancing and holy shit the OTGs. Got two consecutive wins against Mr.Shakedown with my trusty bat before i ran out of healing items. Thanks to that wallet accessory i'm also not losing all my money when i lose. I need to progress to get more money-generating going but it has been fun doing all the side stuff.

What is this? I've seen people talk about it.

Rymuth

Is there a rhyme or reason to it past tryin everything? & do different restaurants have different things/do different things unlock further down the line?
Like I said, Completion points. You get a completion point for sampling every dish, eating at restaurants 20/30/50 times, drinking, traveling, dashing etc.

Accumulate enough Completion Points and you can exchange them at temples for bonuses such as unlimited dashing speed, more money from enemies, more playboys walking the streets for you to rob etc

JJShadow

Loving the game so far. Are they going to tutorialize food, shopping, and the melee weapons I see that you can buy?

I guess overall does this game tutorialize it's many systems or do I have to start experimenting? (to show how early I am, I just unlocked Rush mode).

You get tutorials for fight styles, minigames and the estate and cabaret club management. For food, shooping and so on you are free to experiment, there's nothing really complicated about them though (eg. you use food to recover health/heat)

Bwahahahaha yessssss, I just stole over 3 billion off Mr. Shakedown who was napping on a bench! My highest amount I took from him(while napping) so far lol, previously highest amount was only about 100 million I think. Take that you red tank topped asshole! Dude kicked my ass like 3 times in a row last night(his health bar at purple now) and I finally gotten my revenge today....

Woah, I got two Ruby Plates in a row from saving random dudes at the street.. Does the Ruby Plate appears often? 10 Mil for beating 3 weak enemies is a very good ROI 😁

JJShadow

What is this? I've seen people talk about it.

Secret wallet, if you have it equipped you don't lose all your money when shaken down (I lost before against Mr. Shakedown and "only" lost 7 million out of the 12 I was carrying)

You can buy one in Le marche I think, and it's also a reward for one of the sidestories

Conezays

Anyone find the difficulty a little inconsistent? I had no trouble with Majima and his slugger style but I keep getting destroyed during tons of random Kiryu battles now in Chapter 6, lol. Not dying but needing to use items on basic random battles, etc. Playing on Hard.

Recall

Anyone find the difficulty a little inconsistent? I had no trouble with Majima and his slugger style but I keep getting destroyed during tons of random Kiryu battles now in Chapter 6, lol. Not dying but needing to use items on basic random battles, etc. Playing on Hard.

It wants you to be better at dodging and avoiding attacks or even just blocking. There is a point where spamming will punish you but just a little.

Menitta

Secret wallet, if you have it equipped you don't lose all your money when shaken down (I lost before against Mr. Shakedown and "only" lost 7 million out of the 12 I was carrying)

You can buy one in Le marche I think, and it's also a reward for one of the sidestories

Oh ok. I just got one from a substory. Thanks!

The last pocket race is extremely hard, holy shit. I was dominating everything before this race. Hmm. I've bought all parts, too. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Top Bottom