• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

gfxtwin

Ok, looks like I'll be playing 0, 1 and 6 then. I'm o hyped for 6, wish it wasn't a year or more away :(

Story/presentation in that one looks amazing, almost as good as a Beat Takeshi Yakuza film, which is way more than I expected from a niche game series.

hbkdx12

It's a fourth fighting style. Majima also has one.

Fourth style

If it's familiar,
It's basically an evolution of Kiryu's brawler style, one reflective of the main style he uses in Yakuza games moving forward.

ah ok.
The upgrade abilities for it had me confused because they all apply to all the previous styles and the way you equip it by going to the pause menu and pressing square made me think it was something that you enabled on top of whatever your current fighting style was in order to enhance it

But it's not that? It's just its own separate fighting?

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
I killed a man with a motorcycle last night and it was amazing.

(Still in chapter 2, I've done a ton of substories and minigames, but I think I'm about to start the last bit of the main story in the chapter. It asked me if I'm ready and I was like, uh, I'll save and turn it off for the night and come back tomorrow.)

ah ok.
The upgrade abilities for it had me confused because they all apply to all the previous styles and the way you equip it by going to the pause menu and pressing square made me think it was something that you enabled on top of whatever your current fighting style was in order to enhance it

But it's not that? It's just its own separate fighting?

Its its own separate fighting style. Unlike the other 3 it already has all its moves unlocked when you get it. Its also wonderfully overpowered so you can destroy anyone silly enough to get in your way!

how do you achieve Complete Domination over the Gambling Area in Real Estate ? The king never challenge me to the 10% now I'm 100% almost all S rank on the 10 business here without any interferences from him

VpomRurd

how do you achieve Complete Domination over the Gambling Area in Real Estate ? The king never challenge me to the 10% now I'm 100% almost all S rank on the 10 business here without any interferences from him

All I can think of is, are you in Chapter 6? You need access to a certain minigame before you can complete his area.

viHuGi

Banned
y22bzaD.jpg

Anyone else having trouble with some of the telephone cards? I'm looking at my list and I'm missing a bunch, so I checked around to find a map so I can get the ones I need for Kazuma's
Mr. Libido quest.
Now my list says I'm missing one that is supposed to be at the pier. But it's not there at all does anyone know if this list has any problems? It's odd, because I THINK I would have seen card #5 in the past, and I have my locator on at all times, and its not even beeping in the area where it is supposed to be.

Rymuth

Just did the fortune teller quest. That lady was on point. Thank goodness she didn't spoil Yakuza 6 for us!

Also, doing this after the Pant hunter sidequest in Osaka was some good luck. ;)

Ultimadrago

Just did the fortune teller quest. That lady was on point. Thank goodness she didn't spoil Yakuza 6 for us!

Also, doing this after the Pant hunter sidequest in Osaka was some good luck. ;)

Should I not do this quest if I haven't played other games in the series yet?

SephLuis

Seriously that oba-san wants in the Cabaret Club action?! lol!

Don't play down the Obatarian. She's a top earner hostess in my club lol

I wonder if this and Kiwami (1 Remake) sell well enough, they will remake 2-5 on PS4 (4 & 5 are on PS3 already so bringing them over wouldn't be a big issue) cause I don't really wanna go from my first in the series (Zero) to 1 remake to 6, I'd rather play through them in order without going back to 2 generations of console

It's what I'm hoping they do, really wanna play the entire mainline series, but don't want to pay the price for 2 or go back to the PS3. Wouldn't even mind if they were a quick port job for 3, 4 and 5, they could justify it with a collection (something like The Master Chief Collection) just bump up the resolution and FPS and give 2 a remake. I'll probably just watch a lengthy recap video though, as I doubt they would release before 6, if they plan to anyway.

About the current state of the series. Yakuza 6 was already released in Japan. So even if they make Yakuza 2 remake, the english version will launch after Y6 english is released.

However, as far from what I have seen of Yakuza 6 demo, it has recaps videos for all games in the series. Story wise, Yakuza 6 is more dependent of Yakuza 5 ending and the important parts are quickly explained in the beginning of the game.

I'm getting hyped about Yakuza 6 so much now, especially since Beat Takeshi is in it. But I hope it is an evolution of the formula instead of more of the same since it's built for the PS4. Anyone play it yet?

One day, Sega needs to make a truly open world Yakuza. Maybe not as big as GTA5 but maybe about the size of GTA3. The core gameplay is there - getting into fights, walking into shops and buying stuff, playing arcade games, dancing, other minigames, etc - but with a truly open world-sized map. And you get a gun (don't Yakuza have guns? I know gun laws are strict in Japan, but they aren't exactly law-abiding citizens) and have to worry about the police, you can drive to your destination, etc. And instead of getting into fights with random ruffians, it could be with rival gangs (why would random dudes keep fucking with Yakuza? Makes no sense).
Thoughts?

As far as I know, in Yakuza 6 you create your own clan and can use them for some big battles against other clans. Y6 is an evolution (or further refinement of the formula)

Yakuza is primarily centered and set around the night life and the 'Pleasure Districts' of Japan where the Yakuza are drawn to and operate in. Making the franchise an open-world Japan-sim would ultimately betray that concept.

Plus, the rest of Tokyo has nowhere near as much personality as Kamurocho not to mention we've seen the series tackle 'normal' looking cities (Sapporo) and the result was boring.

If the Yakuza team could make Ikebukuro as crazy as in Durarara and Shibuya as nuts as TWEWY, they would make one insane Tokyo.

deim0s

Quick question, how could i customize my other hostesses? Is it that the slots available in make overs are for platinum hostesses like Yuki(sp)?

Ultimadrago

Ok, found out what was wrong. Apparently you have to collect Telephone cards in ORDER! What the actual fuck SEGA?

What do you mean in order? I pick up random ones all over the place. They are split between Kiryu and Majima, but the collection book in inventory keeps track of them both. (Also a few seemed to show up in a later chapter in my findings when they weren't around before.. Not sure why).

datwr

What do you mean in order? I pick up random ones all over the place. They are split between Kiryu and Majima, but the collection book in inventory keeps track of them both. (Also a few seemed to show up in a later chapter in my findings when they weren't around before.. Not sure why).

The cards are in set of threes, you need to collect them in order in each set.
1-2-3, 13-14-15. etc

danowat

Banned
I understand that substories are unlocked through chapter progress, but are they locked are passing the chapter they were opened on?

ergo, if I missed some from ch.2 can I still access them on a later chapter or do I have to wait for premium adventure mode?

I understand that substories are unlocked through chapter progress, but are they locked are passing the chapter they were opened on?

ergo, if I missed some from ch.2 can I still access them on a later chapter or do I have to wait for premium adventure mode?
You can still access them later on. You can definitely complete all substories in your first playthrough.

So like me and Mah Jong (kinda) then! I loved the batting cage stuff in 6, mainly because they changed it to be more in line with Shinada's stuff from 5. I managed to perfect the EX Hard course after much trying, saved a video only to find it didn't record any of the mini game at all... thanks Sony!

I still need to go back to 3 and try the batting cage in that game again, I always wanted to try and do the hard courses on that game (where they removed the targeting reticule) to see if I could finally do it.
Man, I wish I could say this. I suck at Mahjong :(

And, yeah you should definitely give the batting cages in earlier titles another go. I'm sure you've gotten a lot better without even realizing it yourself.

Ibuki

Banned
I'm in Chapter 4 and I can't enter the Maharaja. The building is there, it does the zoom in and everything, but it's not purple on the map and I cannot enter.

Anyone know what's going on with that? According to the guide I am using for substories I should be able to go in.

Ultimadrago

I'm in Chapter 4 and I can't enter the Maharaja. The building is there, it does the zoom in and everything, but it's not purple on the map and I cannot enter.

Anyone know what's going on with that? According to the guide I am using for substories I should be able to go in.

Hm, that happened with me too and I had to progress the story a little bit more.

convo

Holy hell these pocket circuit parts get expensive.I always wanted these as a kid but this is in another price league.
Kid Daigo
was a huge surprise to me. I should start buying up the districts now and maybe get good at Outrun.

Menitta

I bought a bunch of the real estate in Leisure King area, but there's a bunch still unchecked. How do I get those?

Edit: Guess I just walk up and buy them. But I can't find any other stores I can buy.

Erevador

A guy at Target was able to find a copy in the back for me last night after I found the game sold out at 4 other stores. Had a blast playing an hour or so last night. Already loving the hard-boiled storytelling.

I bought a bunch of the real estate in Leisure King area, but there's a bunch still unchecked. How do I get those?

I haven't been able to find any real estate besides the building across the street from where the office is. Can you help me pinpoint some other locations, if it's not too much trouble?

Ultimadrago

Just bought the game because of this thread hehe!

Nice! Hope you like it as much as I have.

Unchecked as in on their Business list in the Menu? They should check as soon as you purchase them. Here's a list of all the property locations. Share size will increase as you raise the quality of the properties among other events.

Top Bottom