• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Ultimadrago

A lot of Yakuza 0 side missions have an after school special kind of moral system but in a totally fucked weird ass Japanese manner

Aye, as someone that's watched too much anime, it certainly has that feel. Best is when Kiryu looks up to the sky with introspection regarding an inappropriate situation. Like the Pocket Racers girlfriend.

*looks up to the sky*

It's weird playing this game where there is no 'go here' marker for how to continue the story. I am on Chapter 2 and I just met the guy from the Fisting club again.. and some disco dancing and Space Harrier. I am not really sure where to go. It's quite refreshing just milling about looking what to do next :)

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
It's weird playing this game where there is no 'go here' marker for how to continue the story. I am on Chapter 2 and I just met the guy from the Fisting club again.. and some disco dancing and Space Harrier. I am not really sure where to go. It's quite refreshing just milling about looking what to do next :)
if you stand still your character will reflect on his next objective

MYeager

How do I beat Mr. Shakedown?
He just stole 10 mil Yen from me...

As Kiryu? Rush style dodge his attacks, step in hit him a couple times dodge out repeat. If you've reached Kiryu's later Brawl heat moves and you get enough heat switch to brawler and when he blocks heat action him, switch to Rush, repeat.

As Majima? Thug style. Dodge, step in, and tag him a few times (I find the square->triangle attack works well). Once he does his sinning clothesline you can hit him in a longer combo, if you get enough hit switch to Slugger and heat action him.

As they get harder each time it does get a bit ridiculous but you advance their sub stories that way.

MYeager

I got to the end game part of the finale previously and have been holding back, wanting to finish so much else in the game and not wanting it to be over (even though I know I could do this in premium adventure as well). Pulled the trigger today and loved everything about it. It adds so much to the first game that it'll be hard to wait for Kiwami. I actually feel a little jealous of those that are experiencing the series this way because it provides so much more context and depth to the plot of the first game.

Amazing job by the RgG team to make a prequel this good and great job by the localization team.

Just as a heads up don't start the final section (you'll get a notification) unless you have a couple hours. Lots of long cutscenes, credits and post credit scenes you will not want to rush or skip.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
that's cheating! :p
what % of yakuzaGaf has completed OutRun i wonder?

I haven't even gotten to 5,000,000 points yet for OutRun!. I loved the game as a kid but even then I was shockingly shite at it, same with OutRun 2 - loved it, fuckin terrible at it.

I got to the end game part of the finale previously and have been holding back, wanting to finish so much else in the game and not wanting it to be over (even though I know I could do this in premium adventure as well). Pulled the trigger today and loved everything about it. It adds so much to the first game that it'll be hard to wait for Kiwami. I actually feel a little jealous of those that are experiencing the series this way because it provides so much more context and depth to the plot of the first game.

Amazing job by the RgG team to make a prequel this good and great job by the localization team.

Just as a heads up don't start the final section (you'll get a notification) unless you have a couple hours. Lots of long cutscenes, credits and post credit scenes you will not want to rush or skip.

Despite loving and knowing what the Yakuza games are like, especially the finales, I started the finale late on a work night and didn't finish until around 4am (with having to get up at 7am). I was knackered but no regrets :p

Kyrios

Is there a use for the plates other than selling them? It feels like they could be a crafting material or something...

They used to be fundamental in getting money in the other Yakuza installments, but since you get so much money in Yakuza 0 they're kinda moot save for the platinum plates.

But yeah just sell them.

Menitta

They used to be fundamental in getting money in the other Yakuza installments, but since you get so much money in Yakuza 0 they're kinda moot save for the platinum plates.

But yeah just sell them.

In the early game they're pretty useful. I got 100 mil from a Diamond plate.

SkylineRKR

I did on the first go. Got the highscore achievement. But had no sidequest for it yet. I played the Outrun games a million time, so beating it isn't that hard for me.

All you have to do is, keep high gear and only slow down a bit during some sharp turns and when there is a batch of vehicles blocking you.

A question for old time Yakuza fans who have finished Kiryu's real estate activity.
The Dragon of Dojima style doesn't seem to have tiger drop in it. Is that right? I was really looking forward to that :(

I completed it through the last route (e?) but I was doing it during a challenge in Kiryu's real estate activity so it didn't submit my score for leaderboard :(

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
i started playing OutRun in 2001 or 2002 with Shenmue II. i can still only finish it about 10% of the time though.

CrazyHal

Beast style becomes so much more useful (and beasty) with the herculean fist abillity. It gives you hyper armor for every attacks.

I advise anyone to unlock it ASAP.

VpomRurd

Does anyone have a resource that explains how to unlock the 'erotic videos'? I need 15 to finish off something but I only have 11 at the moment. No idea where to get the others.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
no
but 1,2 and 4 are! :D

I'd argue 5 is the best and 3 is at least unique and memorable for the setting, even if I never want to replay that again.

Yes, the whole big Yakuza family is awesome.

JPS Kai

You can get it again the the Tax Lady sub story

Not necessarily. Trouble Finder isn't the same as Encounter Finder

Erotic videos require getting the telephone cards. If you're looking up a guide on where they are, you need to find the A version of a girl before her B card spawns, same for going from B to C.

VpomRurd

Erotic videos require getting the telephone cards. If you're looking up a guide on where they are, you need to find the A version of a girl before her B card spawns, same for going from B to C.

See, that's what I thought, so I collected all but one of Majima's telephone cards but no more showed up to watch.

datwr

See, that's what I thought, so I collected all but one of Majima's telephone cards but no more showed up to watch.

You also get them by completing substories. And getting through the Cabaret Club girls training, which technically is substories.

MYeager

It showed all the substories on the map with ! marks for me and showed where Mr. Shakedown was when I had it equipped for both Kiryu and Majima.

Recall

I just found Mr Shakedown sleeping so I crept up and was able to take a couple thousand ten then I fled like a mad man not wanting to see I woke up the giant.

Aki-at

Some of these telephone girls... Man I feel so bad for Kiryu haha.

Just finished Chapter 14... ;_;

Yakuza 0 may easily be the best Yakuza game yet I think.

I'm on chapter 5 and I think it might be the best yet.

What the hell, reboot the series, make 0 the starting point, I want my bro Nishiki and Goda teaming up with Kazuma in the later games too!

Are the 3 Dojima Lieutenants Japanese actors? I noticed the darker guy from Outrage and Battle Royale 2

Yep, Yakuza's end up with a lot of famous actors. Awano, Kuze and Shibusawa are no diffrent.

Ennosuke

Finished Chapter 1, played a bit of Chapter 2. The game is amazing, the story is very interesting and I really enjoy the way they present it to us.

At this point are all the sidequests and activities already unlocked? Or does this happen at a certain part of the story?

Top Bottom