• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Started this after all the praise.

I like Kiryu enough but majima is on a whole other level. His brawler style is faster and much flashier. His baseball bat is amazing and makes the demon style look like a useless mess (which it is). I can't even wait to see his third style. And his story just started and i already like it better. Why would I ever go back

I like Kiryu enough but majima is on a whole other level. His brawler style is faster and much flashier. His baseball bat is amazing and makes the demon style look like a useless mess (which it is). I can't even wait to see his third style. And his story just started and i already like it better. Why would I ever go back

i like majima's story better by bit too. (on chapter 9)

Aki-at

Yes but you can't place a chicken as your financial advisor in Majima's story :p

If you love Majima now wait until you unlock Breaker, it's tricky to master at first but it's damn cool and can deck out enemies quickly, especially in close quarters. Glad to see you're enjoying the game!

SephLuis

Majima is strong, no doubt about it.

But once Kiryu is upgraded, he's an unstoppable bulldozer.

How do you purchase the Club Sega in Electronics King district?

You have to finish the friendship with the store clerk.

Can you miss any of the sub stories/side quests? I remember Yakuza 4/5 having icons during each chapter and I've been stumbling upon random ones in 0.

Aki-at

deciding whether i should play some yakuza right now

200.gif

Can you miss any of the sub stories/side quests? I remember Yakuza 4/5 having icons during each chapter and I've been stumbling upon random ones in 0.

No, none of the sub-stories are missable. You can have their icons appear on the map by equipping the Trouble Finder item for each character. (you'll get that through certain sub-stories, for instance the tax collector sub-story for Kiryu has this as a reward)

Ultimadrago

Kiryu's not as Ha-Ha funny as Majima, but I still really find myself enjoying the character. Witnessing how he attempts to handle situations lead from his sheer curiosity throughout all of the substories is one of the highlights of the game. His imposing demeanor makes it all the better (much like when Geralt finds himself in silly outings in The Witcher).

He's too cool for some things, but is open to a lot of things. It's about the closest you can get to a vanilla character without sticking in "Snooze" territory. I'm happy to appreciate both characters at this point.

Kiryu's not as Ha-Ha funny as Majima, but I still really find myself enjoying the character. Witnessing how he attempts to handle situations lead from his sheer curiosity throughout all of the substories is one of the highlights of the game. His imposing demeanor makes it all the better (much like when Geralt finds himself in silly outings in The Witcher).

He's too cool for some things, but is open to a lot of things. It's about the closest you can get to a vanilla character without sticking in "Snooze" territory. I'm happy to appreciate both characters at this point.

Have you done the shrink-wrapped magazine substory yet?

No, none of the sub-stories are missable. You can have their icons appear on the map by equipping the Trouble Finder item for each character. (you'll get that through certain sub-stories, for instance the tax collector sub-story for Kiryu has this as a reward)

Don't have to stress then, thanks!

Kiryu likes to play it cool, but I love how wildly enthusiastic he can randomly get, such as the most melodramatic pick up of a telephone ever.

Zanzura

Does Mr. Shakedown ever get more challenging? Or a different variation of him at least? It took a few fights but now I'm doing this on the regular to him. It's nice to have all that money, but since I'm still really early in the game story wise, can't really use it on much, lol.

Ibuki

Banned
For the phone minigame stuff, do all the girls with the same bikini have the same dialogue? I'm talking about after you fill the heart meter and they answer your questions. It's really difficult for me to tell the voices apart.

Hellshy.

Just started chapter 4 and seems I am not getting nozomi to join the grand. Mojima made it sound like I did something wrong. Can someone tell me if this effects business at the grand in anyway?

AdamT

Found a way to farm Mr Shakedown as Majima.

Have your inventory full of Stamina XX, and equip slugger. As soon as the fight starts, use your heat action. When they're on the ground, hit them with triangle ~4 times until they start to get up, where you'll take a stamina. You should have the heat action available again so repeat. When Shakedown glows yellow, be prepared to watch your swings when they get up and possibly them attacking quickly so side-step if you can.

With that method, I had him done in two rows of Stamina XX and never get hit. I'm usually terrible at dodging and timing, but after a few tries I was taking in a ton of cash every 5 mins.

mrmyhthef

Kiryu can be funny but it's a different brand of comedy than Majima's. Majima has a lot of sharp wit whereas Kiryu has a lot of dry wit, the kind where it takes you a second to realise he's making a joke. He also works better as a straight man against some of the more absurd substory characters, being more serious and having a really confused looking neutral expression.

(Pocket racer)
Those moments when the music stops lmao

Aki-at

I think both characters have the same level of comedy this time round, at least so far (Chapter 5) Majima has been very reserved from his usual manic self.

It's like you say it though, Kiryu's got a serious face but then he acts with such curiosity and naivety sometimes that you can't help but laugh. His straight man I find is undeniably one of the strength of his character.

Honestly this might be the most I've ever laughed in a Yakuza game.

Ultimadrago

Kiryu likes to play it cool, but I love how wildly enthusiastic he can randomly get, such as the most melodramatic pick up of a telephone ever.

I know; he gets super intense!

phone2wssdb.gif

Kiryu can be funny but it's a different brand of comedy than Majima's. Majima has a lot of sharp wit whereas Kiryu has a lot of dry wit, the kind where it takes you a second to realise he's making a joke. He also works better as a straight man against some of the more absurd substory characters, being more serious and having a really confused looking neutral expression.

(Pocket racer)
Those moments when the music stops lmao

Yep! I didn't mean Kiryu isn't humorous, but that his persona is more subdued.

Yes but you can't place a chicken as your financial advisor in Majima's story :p

If you love Majima now wait until you unlock Breaker, it's tricky to master at first but it's damn cool and can deck out enemies quickly, especially in close quarters. Glad to see you're enjoying the game!

First relationship I did was bowling lady. Because I know of said chicken. I've heard of his glory.

And his mcnuggies.

Caim

Does Mr. Shakedown ever get more challenging? Or a different variation of him at least? It took a few fights but now I'm doing this on the regular to him. It's nice to have all that money, but since I'm still really early in the game story wise, can't really use it on much, lol.

When you beat them and run into them again they tend to have more health, and that's about it.

There are different Mr. Shakedown, but I don't know if their fighting styles change.

Fair warning to anyone who wants to use the parry move Harsh Lesson with Majima. In the training it's preformed by R1 + Circle, but the actual move is R1 + Triangle. I have no idea how they could mix that up but they did, so be careful.

P.S: This is now officially NeoGAF's biggest Yakuza thread of all time!

Aki-at

First relationship I did was bowling lady. Because I know of said chicken. I've heard of his glory.

And his mcnuggies.

That chicken did more for Kamurocho then you can ever imagine.

When you beat them and run into them again they tend to have more health, and that's about it.

There are different Mr. Shakedown, but I don't know if their fighting styles change.

Nope, fighting styles never change. Health is all that increases.

Zanzura

Well, that's kinda disappointing if that turns out to be the case. I was hoping there'd be different variations or that they'd adapt and try a different fighting style instead of this now boring mongoloid 1-2 hit kill style. Something like a mini-Amon would be cool. Oh well, I'll just keep raking in the cash, lol.

D-Man

I'm on chapter 6 and I gotta ask, are there any hostess clubs in the game? I can't seem to find it on the map and it feels strangely absent.

The Telephone mini-game is hilarious though.

I'm on chapter 6 and I gotta ask, are there any hostess clubs in the game? I can't seem to find it on the map and it feels strangely absent.

The Telephone mini-game is hilarious though.
You'll manage them with Majima later on in the game. It's his big side activity. I don't think there are any traditional hostess clubs though.

MYeager

That chicken did more for Kamurocho then you can ever imagine.

Nope, fighting styles never change. Health is all that increases.

Style remains the same but they do mix things up a little. They start blocking quicker and are faster to take advantage of when you're stuck mid animation when you miss. I noticed 6th version of the Mr. Shakedown on Majima's side added in a dodge after an attack. They're also quicker to get to desperation heat mode and add a couple attacks like the running jumping dive.

xclk07

Apologies if this has already been asked or if my google-fu is weak, but is there a complete list of real estate staff anywhere? I seem to only be finding incomplete ones (I mean, if you don't have Nugget listed, what good are you actually providing with your crappy list?!?!?).

i can't figure out where to buy shit on the minimap. the start opitions doesn't even have a map? what?

previous yakuza games had bottles that upped your health and your heat...where the hell do you get that from?

All right. Someone speak to me of my options here.

Yakuza 0- playing right now on ps4. Loving it.
Yakuza 1- apparently a remake being done for ps4, so I assume it'll come to the west?
Yakuza 2-5- Any way to play these without having to buy the old consoles? PS Now?

Past

i can't figure out where to buy shit on the minimap. the start opitions doesn't even have a map? what?

previous yakuza games had bottles that upped your health and your heat...where the hell do you get that from?

Press touch pad to open up the map. You can buy health items at convenience stores. I thought you were a big Yakuza fan, how do you not know some of these basic stuff? lol

Top Bottom