• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Just wanted to make sure that sidequests aren't locked to certain chapters. I see by looking at a guide that Ch. 2 opens up a whole bunch of them, but will I be able to do these all in later chapters? I don't wanna get too hung up on all these side things and end up heavily ignoring the main story.

Side stories never go away, so you can't miss any. But you may hit a couple of points in the story where you can't do them (usually if there is an urgent plot point you have to attend to immediately). Also keep in mind you can do Premium Adventure mode after finishing the game, so don't feel pressured to finish them all off before finishing the main game.

WHAT!? I'm on Chapter 5 and thought I was like 2/3 through or something, wow.

All Yakuza games are pretty decent sized chapter wise - you usually get a good 13-17 chapters per game which would last you a decent enough amount of time if its the only thing you focus on. However each game is so darn great at distracting you with all the side content that I can easily spend a good 10 hours on 1 chapter if I'm not careful!

At this point I look at Mr Shakedown as my own personal ATM. Whenever I need to spend some money on something I'll go and track him down, 'withdraw' whatever he's got for me and spend it, then the next time I see him I'll 'deposit' whatever I have left and wait for it to grow. Only problem is it takes longer and longer to beat him every time, but he's so predictable that there isn't a whole lot of danger. With Majima you can even get him stuck in loops of doing the Slugger style standard Heat move, then switching to Thug to kick him a few times while he's on the ground to build your heat back up again, and switch to Slugger to Heat move him again as he's getting up.

I'm still only in Chapter 3 and I've already unlocked all of Majima's moves, so maybe it's time to move on with the game
lol, no, I still have a few Sub Stories to do :p

Question for Premium Adventure mode does a new save get created, is that the clear save option?

A clear save file gets generated when you clear the game. When you start the Premium Adventure mode it loads from the cleared save data. I then prefer to create a new manual save myself once I load Premium Adventure mode just to be on the safe side.

Is there a proper way of gathering items? I've been sending random people out just because.

Each area contains certain items, and only certain people can acquire certain items (again, I think when your selecting a character it should list the items they can *potentially* acquire). Then you just wait. The items collected are somewhat random, so if your hoping to get one specific item to create a certain blueprint, it may take a few tries before acquiring it. Its easily one of the more annoying/time consuming bits to 100%ing the game due to the sort of random nature to it.

j0hnnix

A clear save file gets generated when you clear the game. When you start the Premium Adventure mode it loads from the cleared save data. I then prefer to create a new manual save myself once I load Premium Adventure mode just to be on the safe side.

Thanks!

Each area contains certain items, and only certain people can acquire certain items (again, I think when your selecting a character it should list the items they can *potentially* acquire). Then you just wait. The items collected are somewhat random, so if your hoping to get one specific item to create a certain blueprint, it may take a few tries before acquiring it. Its easily one of the more annoying/time consuming bits to 100%ing the game due to the sort of random nature to it.

Thanks. I haven't gotten any blueprints or done any crafting so I'll just leave it alone for now.

Thanks. I haven't gotten any blueprints or done any crafting so I'll just leave it alone for now.

I seem to remember you get the blueprints automatically after acquiring the needed parts (though as with everything in this game it costs money to actually craft said items once they are unlocked). One word of warning though, if your planning to 100% the game, you need to unlock every item for purchase (but not actually craft every item/weapon thankfully!) so it might be worth doing this on and off as you play as Majima. I left it until I'd finished the main story and it was probably the biggest grind in the game (bar cat fighting) due to how random it was. You can probably get 75% of it done just by selecting characters (usually the most expensive ones are the best/most likely to get the most/best materials) and sending them to one of the places.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
hFeQkod.jpg
I'm 5th, neat

I seem to remember you get the blueprints automatically after acquiring the needed parts (though as with everything in this game it costs money to actually craft said items once they are unlocked). One word of warning though, if your planning to 100% the game, you need to unlock every item for purchase (but not actually craft every item/weapon thankfully!) so it might be worth doing this on and off as you play as Majima. I left it until I'd finished the main story and it was probably the biggest grind in the game (bar cat fighting) due to how random it was. You can probably get 75% of it done just by selecting characters (usually the most expensive ones are the best/most likely to get the most/best materials) and sending them to one of the places.

Thanks for the advice! I'm guessing the numbers next to the item are the chance of getting them, right? I'll continue to send guys off as I'm doing quests and whatnot.

Logash

Hey guys, really enjoying the game but I am getting kind of confused. I am on chapter 11 and the hierarchy is getting kind of muddled. Specifically for things on Majima's side. I'm not too familiar with how it generally is organized in the Yakuza but from my understanding the Tojo clan are the big bosses and the dojimas are the part of the Tojo clan that runs kamorucho. So where does Sagawa come into play? When he is introduced they say he is a patriarch. Does that mean he is the same level as the head of the dojima family? And what
about the other clan they talk about later in Majima's story
? Is there like an organizational chart that I can look at?

Just got to the point where I can dig into the real estate game and after an hour or so had to save and close it up because I could feel it getting real dangerous real fast. This game keeps delivering and I'm only in chapter...six, I think?

xezuru

Hey guys, really enjoying the game but I am getting kind of confused. I am on chapter 11 and the hierarchy is getting kind of muddled. Specifically for things on Majima's side. I'm not too familiar with how it generally is organized in the Yakuza but from my understanding the Tojo clan are the big bosses and the dojimas are the part of the Tojo clan that runs kamorucho. So where does Sagawa come into play? When he is introduced they say he is a patriarch. Does that mean he is the same level as the head of the dojima family? And what
about the other clan they talk about later in Majima's story
? Is there like an organizational chart that I can look at?

In Japan there are many types of Yakuza but this story involves the arguably most influential clans. The Tojo clan is the most powerful and largest clan, the clan able to control main areas of Tokyo, obviosly that'd be most beneficial as it's a fuckin major city. The Omi Clan is pretty much a entirely separate Yakuza faction, they usually control more southern region like Osaka but are almost as powerful but usually just that sliver less than Tojo.

Within clans like Tojo, I forget the translated terms, but the Chairmen is basically the King, the #1 decision maker and powerholder, all the power holders usually have their own families as well. Then after that are family patriarchs, this is like the Dojima family which is basically the most powerful singular family in the Tojo due to manpower and revenue production, these main families are like the limbs of the chairman, while those families can have their own captains within them as well that have their own families, acting like the fingers and ect. Suhei Dojima's family also has Kazama Shintaro as his captain under him, which in turn has the Kazama family under him. It gets kind of blurry but that's the gist of it.

Sagawa is a part of the Omi Clan and your involvement from him comes from the fact that Tojo clan Patriarch Futoshi Shimano is exiling you and pulled a favor for Sagawa to leash him for Shimano. This only happened because of a type of alliance of Sagawa and Shimano being brothers, not in the literal sense but in the Yakuza being "Sworn brothers" means you are basically comrades of war and basically live and die in the fire together.

Mesoian

So is this game supposed to be unplayable after chapter 5 or what? Why does every mob in the game suddenly have the ability to stun lock you?

Sega needs to do a Nier Automata with the next one and get someone competent to do the combat, because this is unacceptable.

Lmao, Mr shakedown just dark souls'd me

I've beaten him so many times I was gonna do this one where he has multiple health bars, I was down to the last hit and got corky. He two shot me at full health. Fucking a. Good thing I saved right before, I'm not losing that much money due to cockiness

xezuru

So is this game supposed to be unplayable after chapter 5 or what? Why does every mob in the game suddenly have the ability to stun lock you?

Sega needs to do a Nier Automata with the next one and get someone competent to do the combat, because this is unacceptable.

Read your equipped items, charismatic autobiography is a common one that forces insane agro on all enemies.

Thanks for the advice! I'm guessing the numbers next to the item are the chance of getting them, right? I'll continue to send guys off as I'm doing quests and whatnot.

Not sure, I'm going off my playthrough from the Japanese version a couple of years back so I don't remember what those numbers stand for. I really should start 0's English version, but having just finished Yakuza 6, I think I'll take a break from the series for a couple of months to not burn myself out!

Let me guess, you have equipped Charismatic Autobiography without actually reading the description? :p

Do I have to worry about repeat girls for the Telephone club or once you've meet them, they won't call in again?

Working those substories tonight...

Questioning my life decisions.

Do I have to worry about repeat girls for the Telephone club or once you've meet them, they won't call in again?

Working those substories tonight...

Questioning my life decisions.

No, you can get a repeat hookup for sure. You have to recognize their voices and hang up on them if you want someone different.

Also, damn it Outrun. 5 million points why...?

Man, the amount of Charismatic Autobiography posts in here is crazy lol!

Also just started the Cabaret Club thing with Majima.....already see myself doing this for hours and yet this is just the start. Already like it wayyyyy better than Yakuza 4's Cabaret thing since this is more like a mini game.

The thread title really needs to be changed to "Don't equip the Charismatic Autobiography."
Then we'd have people asking if it would be okay to start the series with this title lol

I guess for now we can write a "Don't equip the Charismatic Autobiography" post, in each page xD

Anyone know where I can train my beast mode? I forgot the girl's name who helps you out.

Take a taxi and go to the pier.

Is there a story event for the cabaret club? I'm running around with too much money in my hands ready to invest in that vs in myself and I'm curious if it's like real estate where they teach you the whole thing. Because majima started and they immediately mentioned it.

alt27

Finished the main story. Fantastic stuff.

On a side note, did people mention theres a item that shows where the sidequests are on the map? Where do I obtain this?

Charismatic Autobiography is a legit item though. I'm sure there are people that think the game is still easy on their first run on hard difficulty and would like to have an extra challenge.
Finished the main story. Fantastic stuff.

On a side note, did people mention theres a item that shows where the sidequests are on the map? Where do I obtain this?

It's called Trouble Finder. Kiryu gets it from the tax side-story (related to real estate activity) and Majima will obtain one after befriending the restaurant that is right behind it's apartment.

MYeager

I might make my wife a valentine card that says 'Do you have Charismatic Biography equipped? Because you've stun-locked my heart'.

She'd actually get it too.

Top Bottom