• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

So im still really early on in the game, still just chapter 2. I did the
used panty side mission and the yanki one
man this game is fun. I assume i still have a lot to play aswell. I found the
erotic video place
but cant find the nude wrestling thing

So im still really early on in the game, still just chapter 2. I did the
used panty side mission and the yanki one
man this game is fun. I assume i still have a lot to play aswell. I found the
erotic video place
but cant find the nude wrestling thing
It's not nude wrestling lol. And you unlock it eventually through the story, just keep playing. Though it's a few chapters away still.

Oh Lord.

I just entered chapter 4..
So much game for 60$

JJShadow

Is the cabaret club management unlocked through the story? I just started Chapter 7 and the Oddysey Manager told me about it, but I don´t know if I have to go to a specific place or just keep progressing in the main story to unlock it

Is the cabaret club management unlocked through the story? I just started Chapter 7 and the Oddysey Manager told me about it, but I don´t know if I have to go to a specific place or just keep progressing in the main story to unlock it
Just go to the place where the Oddysey Manager told you to go, that's literally where the cabarat club management takes place :)

Frimaire

Ohhh, additional funds totally changes the equipment search system. I don't know how I missed that...
Also Isobe is a fucking amazing dancer, I don't know if I'm gonna be able to finish that sub story...

JJShadow

Just go to the place where the Oddysey Manager told you to go, that's literally where the cabarat club management takes place :)

I´ve been running around trying to find the place but no luck so far, I have even forgotten the name of the place haha Do you recall where is it by any chance?

Frimaire

I´ve been running around trying to find the place but no luck so far, I have even forgotten the name of the place haha Do you recall where is it by any chance?

It's Club Sunshine. It's in Hoganji Yokocho, near the CP shrine and just a bit north of the massage place.

w2USG7W.jpg

Is that you, Chie ?

JJShadow

It's Club Sunshine. It's in Hoganji Yokocho, near the CP shrine and just a bit north of the massage place.

Thanks! I´ve finally found it but nothing popped up when I got there, so I think I have to progress further in the story before starting the cabaret club management

damn, 10 minutes with mr shakedown sounds like forever, but he does pay out nicely

so i just started my real estate agency! finished that chapter, took the money & bought some eatery & a pachinko place, in true sega form. i'm broke from hiring good staff as manager & security, and upgrades wiped me out till next collection as well.

what's the quickest way to start really making money here? should i just be focused on buying up property, or investing?

Ok, for real estate I just bought a new building every chance I could. I also had a decent number of advisors and managers available from doing substories. A good early manager is Sachiko, Spinning is great too if a little expensive early on. I would also try to max out the CP shrine stuff to collect faster. I think at max it takes me maybe 5 minutes to do a collection. So I would usually cue up the real estate, go do a substory, training, or a minigame, and then return to collect. Then I'd buy the next building and move on.

There are 10 buildings in each zone. One you get for free, and one that you get for maxing out your friendship meter. Buy pachinko parlors first. They BANK! Also, invest every time you can.

In other money making advice. Once you get weapon mastery, Slugger style is BROKEN for fighting Mr. Shakedown. A pair of Chinese Broadswords that only lose durability when you're in heat mode? YES PLEASE! Just hit him, then the second you are in heat mode, use your heat attack, rinse and repeat. He can't block blades.

EndMerit

Nice! On my first try after starting the bowling turkey challenge I got my best result ever with 6 strikes in a row. I used lightest ball, 1 step to the right, +90 power as straight as possible, adjusting it with rotation when necessary.
"Here comes my delicious turkey..."

On the subject of Mr. Shakedown, I've mostly used pretty lame hit-n-run strategy of using Brawler style, dodging his charges without being even locked on with R1, then getting 2 or 3 hits in before taking distance again. Recently though I'veupgraded that strategy by equipping Steel Business Card as my weapon, using it whenever I reach 3rd heat bar, then kicking him twice before he has time to get back up. Makes battles remarkably faster.

ch4fx_

Substory stuff is tagged...

So I'm passing messages back & forth with this girl on a public restroom wall...

Last night & told her I was a "sex crazed perv"
, can't wait to read what she thinks. I don't see how this can't go well, so I'm not worried.

I'm not worried at all. Not worried.

On chapter 5 and I've completed 40 of Kiryu's substories. I can't help but hunt them out!

Love this game!

Except that Telephone set of substories, 7 different girls but only 3 different models, so much chance involved

I feel like I'm missing something, but for people who have played mahjong in this - any idea how to create a concealed kan? I had the tiles but couldn't figure out how to call them...

Also, purchasing properties is incredibly addictive...

Substory stuff is tagged...

So I'm passing messages back & forth with this girl on a public restroom wall...

Last night & told her I was a "sex crazed perv"
, can't wait to read what she thinks. I don't see how this can't go well, so I'm not worried.

I'm not worried at all. Not worried.
Oh, please keep me posted. Lol

hbkdx12

In other money making advice. Once you get weapon mastery, Slugger style is BROKEN for fighting Mr. Shakedown. A pair of Chinese Broadswords that only lose durability when you're in heat mode? YES PLEASE! Just hit him, then the second you are in heat mode, use your heat attack, rinse and repeat. He can't block blades.

I was looking for a way to cheese with majima. I may look into this. Although it's so easy to cheese with Kiryu once you get
dragon of dojima
that i may just use kiryu and send the money to majima.

danowat

Banned
This might end up being an interesting take on the game from someone who hasn't played a Yakuza game before.

http://www.godisageek.com/2017/01/the-yakuza-diaries/

Still boggles my mind that people miss the whole "save your game at a phone box" mission, and assume it autosaves!

These are the two that are the most intense. The pliers one is painful to watch. I abused it against Shakedown though.

I dunno, the head slam in a car door is pretty brutal!

Gacha-pin

I feel like I'm missing something, but for people who have played mahjong in this - any idea how to create a concealed kan? I had the tiles but couldn't figure out how to call them...

Also, purchasing properties is incredibly addictive...
I don't remember specifically but press □ or ○ and the menu for kan will popup if you have tiles for it.

Aki-at

How did this one eyed ex Yakuza manage over ¥3 billion yen in a days work, read below!!!!

Mr Shakedown really is broken with Majima... it's like playing against a bull. Here's a strategy for all of you who want to farm him with Majima.

So train up Majima some ways that he gets 2x quickstep in thug style... then get the move which builds your heat move up when you dodge an enemy's attack (I can't recall if this was a Komaki move) or get the move that builds up your heat bar to the first full bar by guarding (this is a Komaki move) I would highly recommend the first method though because the next bit is crucial.

Fill Majima up with daggers, so many daggers, time to shank Mr Shakedown so much. Building up your heat and then using the heat move with the dagger takes away a nice bit of health and it's much easier to pull of them slugger style. Rinse repeat till he's finished (which should be about 19 heat dagger moves at max health) the reason I'd recommend dodging then guarding is that you won't waste a use of your dagger.

I'll see if it's possible with Kiryu the next time I play as him.

Alastor3

I think I just spoiled myself of the ending of Zero
about what happen to Kiryu
because I was looking at what new mini game was in Kiwami -_- fuck my life

Mupod

My Mr. Shakedown strat as Majima was to equip the 240 attack crowbar (I think this was from Bob?) and get the tonfa durability skill.

Although now they have 3+ lifebars and it takes damn forever. Tempted to turn it down from hard mode and just chug energy drinks/armed heat moves on him.

Cloukyo

Banned
My Mr. Shakedown strat as Majima was to equip the 240 attack crowbar (I think this was from Bob?) and get the tonfa durability skill.

Although now they have 3+ lifebars and it takes damn forever. Tempted to turn it down from hard mode and just chug energy drinks/armed heat moves on him.

Energy drink and heat move is the way to go with Majima. Easy peasy

I'm still pretty shit at beating him with Kiryu though.

hbkdx12

Energy drink and heat move is the way to go with Majima. Easy peasy

I'm still pretty shit at beating him with Kiryu though.

If you're close to finishing the real estate stuff i would say do that because what you unlock from it makes Mr. Shakedown absolutely trivial

Finalow

apparently I missed the Charismatic Autobiography because I didn't fail the Yanki substory in chapter 2? Any other way to get that item? Pretty damn annoying if it's so easy to miss.

speaking of substories, there are like 10 of them related to different Telephone Club girls? Each time you have to do the same exact thing, it's fun at first but good lord I'm already bored to death after 3 times, and from what I saw you can meet with girls who you've already met before, wasting time in the process.

I only just realised this doesn't have pachinko, right? It was in 1
there is no pachinko, and I'd say thank god.

apparently I missed the Charismatic Autobiography because I didn't fail the Yanki substory in chapter 2? Any other way to get that item? Pretty damn annoying if it's so easy to miss.

speaking of substories, there are like 10 of them related to different Telephone Club girls? Each time you have to do the same exact thing, it's fun at first but good lord I'm already bored to death after 3 times, and from what I saw you can meet with girls who you've already met before, wasting time in the process.

there is no pachinko, and I'd say thank god.

I think you can purchase it from the pawn shop?

For the phone girls, pay attention to the colour of the girls bikini and her voice, as each one sounds different (and there should be three colours of bikini) to give you a clue on which you'll get. That should help narrow things down a bit.

As for Pachinko, I loved the presentation on the machines themselves (loved the VF one) but damn do I not "get" it. And not in the same way I don't understand the rules of Shogi (there is skill to it) but Pachinko just seems completely luck based/pointless. Can't see how its so damn popular over in Japan.

Invis

Super spoilers below for ending of game.

Last hour or so of the game was phenomenal. The unveil of the Dragon tattoo on Shibusawa's back was perfect, and set up the entire "Dragon of Dojima" storyline for the rest of the series. The unfinished tattoo on Kiryu's back vs the complete dragon tattoo on Shibusawa's back; I loved that.

I shed some man tears when Majima had to walk away from Makoto. Psuedo-interrogating the doctor trying to make him spill the beans about his love for Makoto hit me hard, knowing he had to walk away from her for her own safety. Or atleast that's what I got from it.

Damn, SUCH A GOOD STORY. I say this surpasses Yakuza 2 as my favorite Yakuza game.

Logash

In Japan there are many types of Yakuza but this story involves the arguably most influential clans. The Tojo clan is the most powerful and largest clan, the clan able to control main areas of Tokyo, obviosly that'd be most beneficial as it's a fuckin major city. The Omi Clan is pretty much a entirely separate Yakuza faction, they usually control more southern region like Osaka but are almost as powerful but usually just that sliver less than Tojo.

Within clans like Tojo, I forget the translated terms, but the Chairmen is basically the King, the #1 decision maker and powerholder, all the power holders usually have their own families as well. Then after that are family patriarchs, this is like the Dojima family which is basically the most powerful singular family in the Tojo due to manpower and revenue production, these main families are like the limbs of the chairman, while those families can have their own captains within them as well that have their own families, acting like the fingers and ect. Suhei Dojima's family also has Kazama Shintaro as his captain under him, which in turn has the Kazama family under him. It gets kind of blurry but that's the gist of it.

Sagawa is a part of the Omi Clan and your involvement from him comes from the fact that Tojo clan Patriarch Futoshi Shimano is exiling you and pulled a favor for Sagawa to leash him for Shimano. This only happened because of a type of alliance of Sagawa and Shimano being brothers, not in the literal sense but in the Yakuza being "Sworn brothers" means you are basically comrades of war and basically live and die in the fire together.
Thank you. I will put the next bit in spoilers just in case people are not where I am in the story (Chapter 11).
So from my understanding the Tojo Clan is a big group that controls many parts of Japan including Kamurocho which is run by the Dojima Family. Under the Dojima family is a smaller family called the Kazama Family which is run by Dojima's number 2. Below him are the 3 lieutenants. Over on Majima's side we have Sagawa who is the patriarch of his own family in the Omi Alliance. Majima was sent to Osaka and put in the hands of Sagawa by another Tojo Clan Patriarch similar to the head of the Dojima family. Sagawa's faction want's to murder the girl and there is also a different faction (Not unlike Tojo and Omi) that starts with a K that wants her alive. Am I correct in all this?

Thank you. I will put the next bit in spoilers just in case people are not where I am in the story (Chapter 11).
So from my understanding the Tojo Clan is a big group that controls many parts of Japan including Kamurocho which is run by the Dojima Family. Under the Dojima family is a smaller family called the Kazama Family which is run by Dojima's number 2. Below him are the 3 lieutenants. Over on Majima's side we have Sagawa who is the patriarch of his own family in the Omi Alliance. Majima was sent to Osaka and put in the hands of Sagawa by another Tojo Clan Patriarch similar to the head of the Dojima family. Sagawa's faction want's to murder the girl and there is also a different faction (Not unlike Tojo and Omi) that starts with a K that wants her alive. Am I correct in all this?
By detailing further, I'd kinda be spoiling stuff so I'll just correct the one mistake.

There is the Dojima family, and Kazama is the number 2. There is no Kazama family, him and the people beneath him all belong to the Dojima family.

Logash

By detailing further, I'd kinda be spoiling stuff so I'll just correct the one mistake.

There is the Dojima family, and Kazama is the number 2. There is no Kazama family, him and the people beneath him all belong to the Dojima family.

Okay thank you. But everything else is correct?

Top Bottom