• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Say what you want about Yakuza, the community here is always ready to help guide you through anything :D
SomethingsomethingNakama
gi80dwK.jpg

datwr

There is a few missable trophies every other chapter actually.
They are spoilery.

Chapter 2
Rich Taste
Treat a homeless man to a ¥20,000 bottle of booze.

Chapter 3
Smooth Criminal
Successfully negotiate ideal terms with Yamagata.

Chapter 5
Business Etiquette 101
Impress Oda with your perfect manners.

Chapter 7
Best Served Cold?
Take more than 15 minutes bringing the takoyaki.

Chapter 10
It Takes Two
Defeat 3 foes using co-op moves with Oda or Tachibana.

Chapter 12
They Won't Mind
Steal Nikkyo Consortium funds from their safe.

Chapter 13
Big Hair in the Crosshairs
Defeat the yakuza with an afro on the highway.

Chapter 15
Hitting the Bottle
Suffer the full force of Reina's attack.

Check the convenience stores (yellow on the map)

DonKi, and convenience stores. Prob have to go a couple places.

Go to every grocery Store and each one should have an item they want.

Hint:
Splurge on the expensive Champagne

Convenience stores and that Don Q place at the bottom of the map. For beer, it's called Malts. Everything else is labeled as is in the name of the item.

Try Don Quijote convenience store all the way to the south of Kamurocho

thanks, i just got done with lunch break so i'll have to wait tonight or tomorrow

i wish i knew beer = malts, i went to each convenience store i thought but i couldn't find most things. i got the scotch I think so I just need to get everything else.

it would be a lot more entertaining if kiryu just beat the crap out of these hobos instead of tending to their addictions.

I think I was saving when the power went out during my legendary difficulty completion run...

dude, that would suck. i remember last year i was remote playing digimon story cyber sleuth right at home when we lost power.

kvn

Just reached chapter 5 and started the
REM part for the first time
. I cannot believe how much content this game offers.

Conezays

Took a couple days off to beat Resident Evil 7 (enjoyed it!). I missed this game's (mostly) positive vibe, lol. Is the second half of the game approximately as long as the first for the main story? Just finishing Chapter 7.

Took a couple days off to beat Resident Evil 7 (enjoyed it!). I missed this game's (mostly) positive vibe, lol. Is the second half of the game approximately as long as the first for the main story? Just finishing Chapter 7.
You're still a ways away from the end.

Though some chapters are fairly short.

JJShadow

Wow, the Slugger heat move where you put the bat in your enemy's mouth is brutal as fuck

Just reached chapter 5 and started the
REM part for the first time
. I cannot believe how much content this game offers.

Yeah, it's fucking amazing. I think this game offers one of the greatest money values in terms price/quantity/quality of this gen. With a 30 hours-long main story, lots of minigames (including arcade classics) and the real estate and cabaret club activities it feels like having 3 full-games in 1 package

Ragona

Iam not a huge fan of the character progression tbh. Combat feels really limited at the start even with the 3 styles and later abilities cost absurd amounts of money.
I know you can "easily" get sick amount of cash from the real estate thing and cabaret, but getting there takes alot of time and Iam not a huge fan of the management aspect. Atleast the cabaret is still somewhat interactive, but the real estate thing is basically just buy building - collect cash - wait 5 minutes - repeat. Seems like im finishing the game with the limited moveset i can afford.

hbkdx12

Holy hell. The feels come fast and furious in these later chapters

I don't remember the last time i've seen a video game handle it's story this competantly and be so compelling let alone while juggling 2 protags in the process.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Playing this inbetween FF15 and Gravity Rush 2.

Loving it so far! Only up to Chapter 2 and spending a majority of time just having fun with the side activities.

I loved the uniqueness of the side mission I did and the end result.
When Kiryu helps the boyfriend discover why his girlfriend earns so much money.

One question though I love the Disco minigame, and have gotten three stars on each difficulty for each song, (
no reward at the end though except for the fan
) finished the dancing side story. Is there any more disco unlocked later on?

Also for the Crane game at the arcade are the rewards locked by chapter? I've grabbed the current ones but when I ask to replace them there just the same as before...

Sorry for the questions, I'm loving this game though!

Probably won't be able to finish this before Nioh though but I'll have something to look forward to!

Holy hell. The feels come fast and furious in these later chapters

I don't remember the last time i've seen a video game handle it's story this competantly and be so compelling let alone while juggling 2 protags in the process.

so nice that this series is finally getting more wide-spread appreciation. it's been a great, unique ride for the last 10 years. for whatever reason, it feels like it's time's finally come :) ...

Is there any more disco unlocked later on?
Nah, but both protagonists have their own set of disco substories. Nothing after that though.

Also for the Crane game at the arcade are the rewards locked by chapter? I've grabbed the current ones but when I ask to replace them there just the same as before
A lot of times its the same ones. There's not THAT much variety. Probably around 10-15 I think.

Sorry for the questions, I'm loving this game though!
Don't apologize, it's always nice to see people pick up a Yakuza game for the first time :)

Chapter 6 : God Hand is such a boss.

My god I want a spin off as this guy.

No I want a Chinese protag in future Yakuza game, with kung fu style like God Hand and a story like Taniumra's in 4 about immigration and minorities in Japan's underground.

:booting tekken 6 to play as FENG:

hbkdx12

so nice that this series is finally getting more wide-spread appreciation. it's been a great, unique ride for the last 10 years. for whatever reason, it feels like it's time's finally come :) ...

I've enjoyed my time with this game tenfold, through and through. I'm definitely interested in the series. Is there any video/guide that'll get me up to date on the series? There's a yakuza 6 that's coming out soon too isn't there? I need more yakuza lol

I've enjoyed my time with this game tenfold, through and through. I'm definitely interested in the series. Is there any video/guide that'll get me up to date on the series? There's a yakuza 6 that's coming out soon too isn't there? I need more yakuza lol

You're in luck! Yakuza: Kiwami is coming out this summer!

Kiwami is a remake of Yakuza 1 which takes place right after Yakuza 0. It's a fantastic remake with the battle system of 0. And Yakuza 1 is an incredible game that really shines with the new bells and whistles of the remake.

And Yakuza 6 will come out in early 2018 and it's a PS4 exclusive in a brand new engine. Completely seamless movement and platforming and combat, no loading times to go into places or get into fights!!

And...
Also, Yakuza 6 has a option to give the player a short synopsis about everything that occurred in each previous game.

8bit

Knows the Score
At the end now,
on hard the gun wielding enemies are horribly cheap on the boat with Kiryu, can barely get up before getting knocked down and that's before getting to Shibusawa with his purple bar and defence breaking bullshit

Invis

At the end now,
on hard the gun wielding enemies are horribly cheap on the boat with Kiryu, can barely get up before getting knocked down and that's before getting to Shibusawa with his purple bar and defence breaking bullshit

Enemies with guns have always been bullshit in the Yakuza series, but atleast they usually have a small HP pool compared to the other enemies. Can kill them in one full combo thankfully.

8bit

Knows the Score
Enemies with guns have always been bullshit in the Yakuza series, but atleast they usually have a small HP pool compared to the other enemies. Can kill them in one full combo thankfully.

Here they're far away from the fights so I'm getting picked off before I can get anywhere near them.

hbkdx12

You're in luck! Yakuza: Kiwami is coming out this summer!

Kiwami is a remake of Yakuza 1 which takes place right after Yakuza 0. It's a fantastic remake with the battle system of 0. And Yakuza 1 is an incredible game that really shines with the new bells and whistles of the remake.

And Yakuza 6 will come out in early 2018 and it's a PS4 exclusive in a brand new engine. Completely seamless movement and platforming and combat, no loading times to go into places or get into fights!!

And...
lBYwEDm.gif

This is awesome. Thank you. This also stops me from pre-emptively spoiling myself on the series.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Here they're far away from the fights so I'm getting picked off before I can get anywhere near them.

One thing to do is just buy a load of guns and bring them with you. I cheesed some annoying fuckers that way :p

Put 82 hours into this so far and had to take a few days break this week, I love it and have more to do but I tired myself out with constantly waiting for money to level up all of Kiryus skill trees! I now however can wipe our Mr Takedown really really quickly :p
I shall finish Majimas another drama and a few other bits and pieces at the weekend but I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with the game. I do feel sorry for all you poor bastards that platinum these games, that's something I can never be bothered to do.

Ai's fake laugh is so damn goofy. EHEHEHE

Best Platinum Hostess.

Gosh that laugh makes me cringe every time lol. I just unlocked
Saki
, onwards to whoever is next!

Also, question about a Majima sidequest, specifically the
telephone booth
one.

Where can I find the
item Sakura Storm? I looked all in the equipment shop, and search on the map for it to be found through the agents and cannot find anything at all.
Help?

Spoilered just in case. I am post game, so I'm unsure as to when the side quest became available originally.

Gosh that laugh makes me cringe every time lol. I just unlocked
Saki
, onwards to whoever is next!

Also, question about a Majima sidequest, specifically the
telephone booth
one.

Where can I find the
item Sakura Storm? I looked all in the equipment shop, and search on the map for it to be found through the agents and cannot find anything at all.
Help?

Spoilered just in case. I am post game, so I'm unsure as to when the side quest became available originally.

I could buy it from the weapon dealer crafter... if not, send a dude to look for it in a mission...

Where can I find the
Help?

The
Sakura Storm
is the reward given to you at the end of
The Man with a New Face
sidestory. Can trigger it by talking to the guy standing in the triangular shaped park in the south part of Sotenbori.

Ultimadrago

The
Sakura Storm
is the reward given to you at the end of
The Man with a New Face
sidestory. Can trigger it by talking to the guy standing in the triangular shaped park in the south part of Sotenbori.

Yep and if for any reason you've misplaced it, you should be able to buy it back from the Dragon/Tiger (for some mill).

I was actually watching a Yakuza video and the guy was using Y6's gameplay while he was talking about the series. There was one scene with Kiryu leaving a M store and the lack of loading completely throw me off. It felt a little weird seeing such smooth transition in Yakuza game without any black screen loading lol

I was actually watching a Yakuza video and the guy was using Y6's gameplay while he was talking about the series. There was one scene with Kiryu leaving a M store and the lack of loading completely throw me off. It felt a little weird seeing such smooth transition in Yakuza game without any black screen loading lol

Yeah, its hard to go back to the old way after playing 6. The complete lack of loading for 90% of the game feels so good. Especially as you can take fights to new places thanks to this change!

Tips on getting 5,000,000 points on Outrun? I have never played this game until now.

You basically need to clear 3 stages to get that score if I'm remembering correctly. I'm not great at Outrun, but what I did:

Test out both routes (left and right routes) to see which you feel most comfortable with. I assumed going right is the harder route, but I find it easier personally.

Shift into high gear as soon as your speed is sufficient (I think it'd be at about 170/180 KM/H).

For corners, rather than breaking, just lift your finger off the accelerator for a second or so, for many fairer corners you'll just drift round the corner without needing to break. For sharper corners tap the break for a second or so. And for cars, the most annoying thing in the game, if you don't feel you can pass them, break instead and then overtake when its safer. You'll lose far less time compared to getting hit off the course, or crashing! This won't have you win Outrun, but you should at least reach stage 3/4 to get the points you need.

I'm getting really fucking pissed off with this dancing game. Being colour blind I can't see any of the fucking O red button presses. I literally feel like throwing my pad though my television screen and snapping the fucking disc. Really really annoyed now. Because of that I can't beat Ogita, even on easy and I won't finish all the side stories. Fucking great.
Ogita dance-off is shitty. I can't beat him at the moment either so I've decided to forget about for now and try it waaaay later on after beating the story.
Yeah, its hard to go back to the old way after playing 6. The complete lack of loading for 90% of the game feels so good. Especially as you can take fights to new places thanks to this change!
Oh man, I can't wait for that game to get here next year. It's so cool that we don't have to worry about it's localization anymore.

If anybody has beaten Ogita here I can't express how much admiration you'd get from me if you shareplay with me. I always want to compete yakuza games 100% but losing out to my disability is stupid.

Just tell me how to do shareplay (not very ps4 feature savvy, I only recently got mine) and I'll help you best I can, I just 3 starred all the songs on all difficulties so it may take me a few tries but I'll definitely try to help!

Aki-at

Upto chapter 7, some short thoughts.

The conclusion to chapter 6... WOW!
You totally just jacked Nishiki's car Kiryu and left him stranded in the middle of nowhere. He really meant it when he said they were no longer kyodais!

I'm not really feeling Majima's story too much, just sort of rushing through it but damn does the hostess club management sim seem like it'll be super addictive.

Also kind of wondering if they'll ever address
how Majima was holed up for a whole year but didn't get any noticeable injuries or scarring from Shimano's group :p

Ultimadrago

If anybody has beaten Ogita here I can't express how much admiration you'd get from me if you shareplay with me. I always want to compete yakuza games 100% but losing out to my disability is stupid.

Hm, is Shareplay really that simple? I could give it a go. Would likely just try cheesing it on Easy before going to Hard (I beat Ogita on Hard when I did it).

Edit: Oh, I see this was responded to! Well if it works and anyone else needs help with it, I can give it a go.

SephLuis

I did beat Ogita on my first try, but it was tough. I also doubt my internet connection would allow me to help you.

Remember that the most important thing in the dance minigame is to keep the combo going. Making more steps won't necessarily give you the highest score.

Try going on easy and do 3-5 steps then hit the prompt. If the buttons are in sequence, forget the steps and just hit them correctly. I know it's harder for you, but I hope that with these tips you can manage to do it.

Top Bottom