• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Does anybody know what triggers Club Moon's challenge?
I thought it was just have more fans in the area than them, but that didn't trigger it.
Then I thought it was over 15k fans, but that hasn't triggered it either...

Try leaving the club and then going back in? Otherwise you might need more fans. Did you check out the club and then have the cutscene where they show up to your place?

Jachaos

Finished the story. It was amazing, now on to finishing those substories, Real Estate, Cabaret Club and trying some of those minigames I haven't played yet.

One thing that's bugged me though, finale spoilers:

How does Makoto not recognize Majima? I know she says she's only ever seen his shadow, but she does know he's missing an eye and that he can fight. Then she sees that guy with an eyepatch who's looking at her like he knows her, and who just beat up some people like it was nothing. I just don't get that whole ending between him and her.

If you thought that the gravure videos were weird and tame, wait for Yakuza 6.

SpryHopefulEthiopianwolf.gif

katagai

Are the Mew Shoes actually worth using? I mean, the description sounds nice and all, but I'm not sure my sanity can handle wearing these things.

Are the Mew Shoes actually worth using? I mean, the description sounds nice and all, but I'm not sure my sanity can handle wearing these things.

Fuck those squeaky ass shits, real men have equipment that tells you when telephone cards are nearby.

Seriously though, they're only really worth it at the early game and that's assuming you can stomach that god awful sound. Better off going for something that gives you more cash when winning fights or lose less money when you encounter Mr. Shakedown.

Ricitor

Holy hell, Cat Fights are worse than what I was led to believe. Is this entire minigame really RNG? I tried to use the Turbo function on my fight stick, feels like game decides beforehand if I am going to win (unless they have some form of detection).

Have half a mind to just leave it on for a day with the turbo held down. At some point it has to win...right?

Holy hell, Cat Fights are worse than what I was led to believe. Is this entire minigame really RNG? I tried to use the Turbo function on my fight stick, feels like game decides beforehand if I am going to win (unless they have some form of detection).

Have half a mind to just leave it on for a day with the turbo held down. At some point it has to win...right?

it's such B.S.

SxP

Damn, Majima's introduction is crazy good. Feels like the longest continuous cutscene they've ever done as well, though I might be wrong. Feel like they normally switch to gameplay style conversations much quicker.

That mode is just horrible. The one stain on the otherwise very fun minigames.

Damn, Majima's introduction is crazy good. Feels like the longest continuous cutscene they've ever done as well, though I might be wrong. Feel like they normally switch to gameplay style conversations much quicker.
Definitely felt longer than it is, in a good way because of how much it just drew you in.

What Son of Sparda said. Also you can just invest your money, either in the side business or on your abilities.

You can also gamble.
You can actually do that even when you are fighting him. So, if it looks like you are losing the fight, just quickly pause and invest all your money into your styles.

Vorheez

NOOOOO! DON'T DO IT MAJIMA!
(chapter 4 ending)

This game is so fucking dope. So, considering how awesome the story is, am i able to leave all of the side activites until the end? Or does it have one of those definitive ending type things where you gotta start over?

JJShadow

(chapter 4 ending)

This game is so fucking dope. So, considering how awesome the story is, am i able to leave all of the side activites until the end? Or does it have one of those definitive ending type things where you gotta start over?

You can complete the main story and then start the Premium Adventure mode, where you carry over everything and you're able to do any sidestory you missed before

Cloukyo

Banned
That mode is just horrible. The one stain on the otherwise very fun minigames.

Definitely felt longer than it is, in a good way because of how much it just drew you in.

Miyajima's story would make an amazing movie.

I like Kiryu's story, and I know they're intertwined, but if there was a movie based on the first half of Miyajima's story and then continued on on its own, it'd still be incredible (albeit probably not very accessible in the west.)

(chapter 4 ending)

You can enter premium adventure mode after finishing the main story where you can continue your savegame and do any and all substories that you haven't already, and engage in any of the minigames without having to worry about constraints from the main story. You can also change your outfit in Premium Adventure Mode.

None of the substories are chapter dependent, so you can do them whenever, either in your main playthrough or in Premium Adventure Mode. Granted a lot of them unlock after certain points in the story but after that, you're free to tackle them at your own pace.

Kain

I finished chapter 4 with Majima and I already mastered all his moves after destroying the two Mr Shakedown multiple times. I just bought 8 slime guns and that's it, they can't do nothing about it lol

You can enter premium adventure mode after finishing the main story where you can continue your savegame and do any and all substories that you haven't already, and engage in any of the minigames without having to worry about constraints from the main story. You can also change your outfit in Premium Adventure Mode.

None of the substories are chapter dependent, so you can do them whenever, either in your main playthrough or in Premium Adventure Mode. Granted a lot of them unlock after certain points in the story but after that, you're free to tackle them at your own pace.

If you miss a skippable trophy, does the other new game plus mode (I think) I read about let you select specific chapters, or do you have to play everything again? Also, is it a one or the other choice between those modes? Apologies for adding confusion to the thread!

If you miss a skippable trophy, does the other new game plus mode (I think) I read about let you select specific chapters, or do you have to play everything again? Also, is it a one or the other choice between those modes? Apologies for adding confusion to the thread!
You can choose to do either when ever you want, it's an option in the main menu. But Premium Adventure mode takes a clear save (a savegame of the completed game) and uses that. You can overwrite the save or produce new ones.

when you use the new game option you can choose whether to start with nothing (four difficulties available including Legendary) or use a clear save (three diffs).

Also I don't think there is a chapter select.

Vorheez

You can complete the main story and then start the Premium Adventure mode, where you carry over everything and you're able to do any sidestory you missed before

Oh ok, cool. Thanks guys.

This back and forth with Oda is hilarious.

You can choose to do either when ever you want, it's an option in the main menu. But Premium Adventure mode takes a clear save (a savegame of the completed game) and uses that. You can overwrite the save or produce new ones.

when you use the new game option you can choose whether to start with nothing (four difficulties available including Legendary) or use a clear save (three diffs).

Also I don't think there is a chapter select.

Cool cool, thanks very much!

web01

Anyone notice how the modelling on some characters faces is ridiculously good?
"The owner" is one example, and the three Tojo clan chiefs another.

SilentRob

At what point would it be best to really explore the open world? Chapter 1 seemes very linear and many establishmentd were closed.

danowat

Banned
At what point would it be best to really explore the open world? Chapter 1 seemes very linear and many establishmentd were closed.

I don't think anything is closed off during Chapter 1?

The area you have available is on your map (touchpad) and the buildings you can enter are yellow (eateries) and blue (activities)

datwr

Substories doesnt open up until a bit into Chapter 2
When you are told to back to Kiryus apartment
, so I recommend wait until then.

This game has some GOLD lines about with M. Libido and the erotic video parlor clercks... I mean wow, the translator team went all out...

IrishNinja

Also, It would help tremendously if you spend CPs at the shrine to cut down on the time needed to get your money back.

yeah, i'm pouring them into this now! what's an easy way to rack up CP? i get them from walking around, some quests, fights/saving people etc so far

Auctopus

Do weapons just increase my attack power? I got a seemingly decent katana early on and decided to equip it for [boss]
Sewer fight with Kuze
and obviously it didn't appear (I wasn't expecting it to) so I'm assuming it increased my AP?

datwr

Do weapons just increase my attack power? I got a seemingly decent katana early on and decided to equip it for [boss]
Sewer fight with Kuze
and obviously it didn't appear (I wasn't expecting it to) so I'm assuming it increased my AP?

You use weapons in combat by pressing down on d-pad. If you have one equipt in your inventory.

yeah, i'm pouring them into this now! what's an easy way to rack up CP? i get them from walking around, some quests, fights/saving people etc so far

You should be able to see whats possible to complete in the Completion List.
There is all kinds of different things to get CP for.

so obviously this is the prequel of the series so how he got his start etc but does anyone know what order I should play the PS3 games to understand the story beyond this.

so obviously this is the prequel of the series so how he got his start etc but does anyone know what order I should play the PS3 games to understand the story beyond this.
All the stories in Yakuza games are self contained. Knowing what happens in one game almost never affects the story of another.

My suggestion would be to play Yakuza 4 and 5. You can definitely play 3 if you want but it's one of the weaker games in the story.

Edit: aww shit, just ran into shinji tanaka.

I'm getting killed super quick by random dudes in Yakuza 0 now. They basically all spam attacks at me. Weirdly only during Kiryu whereas playing as Majima is piss easy and they rarely attack. First 2 chapters were fine then when I got control back as Kiryu after the 2 Majima chapters any enemies seem to fly into action as soon as you get control, making you dodge away constantly to avoid getting stunned by at least one of the 3 enemies attacking all at once. Really annoying. Didn't expect this on easy, even with dodging as much as possible.

I'm getting killed super quick by random dudes in Yakuza r0 now. They basically all spam attacks at me. Weirdly only during Kiryu whereas playing as Majima is piss easy and they rarely attack. First 2 chapters were fine then when I got control back as Kiryu after the 2 Majima chapters any enemies seem to fly into action as soon as you get control, making you dodge away constantly to avoid getting stunned by at least one of the 3 enemies attacking all at once. Really annoying. Didn't expect this on easy, even with dodging as much as possible.
Do you have that autobiography item equipped?

I'm getting killed super quick by random dudes in Yakuza 0 now. They basically all spam attacks at me. Weirdly only during Kiryu whereas playing as Majima is piss easy and they rarely attack. First 2 chapters were fine then when I got control back as Kiryu after the 2 Majima chapters any enemies seem to fly into action as soon as you get control, making you dodge away constantly to avoid getting stunned by at least one of the 3 enemies attacking all at once. Really annoying. Didn't expect this on easy, even with dodging as much as possible.

Do you have a item called Charismatic Autobiography?

Top Bottom