• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

i forgot about the main story and just kept playing the Real estate missions

holy shit, this is by FAR the best mini-game in an open world game

it's so addicting, it feels like a completely different game

Yep. No spoilers. But the reward for putting a bunch of time into it is well worth it imo. Amazing!

Your security staff doesn't help out with Mr. Shakedown fights (as opposed to them helping with regular fights), correct?

Nope. They don't want to lose money to those behemoths either.

Also, the real estate missions are worth it for 2 reasons alone, everything else I consider a bonus.

The smirk Kiryu makes when he offers to buy a place with cash, and the complete domination screen.

Anung

Un Rama
I'm in chapter 9 and have no idea where to go. Someone told me but that was like a week ago before I started playing RE7 so now I have no idea and the game isn't telling me.

Any help?

I'm in chapter 9 and have no idea where to go. Someone told me but that was like a week ago before I started playing RE7 so now I have no idea and the game isn't telling me.

Any help?
Go to the options menu and check the bottom right.

Alternatively, just stand still in the game world and your character will light up a cigarette and reflect on what you're supposed to do next.

bennibop

Absolutely loving this game it is hilarious, just gutted I did not buy the previous games!
Have been recommending it to everyone.

Even though I already saw it on the GB Quick Look, when I did the pizza mission and the pizza guy gives a thumbs up at no one in particular at the end I still cracked up.

And when I have to play the game with the volume off, for someone reason my brain wants to make Kiryu's voice like Archer's during the submissions.

after finishing the main story, do i keep playing the game ?? or it starts a new game ?

You can play Premium Adventure Mode, which is basically just free-roam. You continue your savegame only with no worry of the story, and can do any substory or engage in any minigame. Good to get 100% completion. You can also change outfits in that mode.

You can also play New Game+ but it'll be on the first 3 difficulties.

You'll also unlock Legendary difficulty but you have to start a new game for that.

Anung

Un Rama
Go to the options menu and check the bottom right.

Alternatively, just stand still in the game world and your character will light up a cigarette and reflect on what you're supposed to do next.

Tried that. He just says "I need a place to go until [Blank] contacts me, but where?"

Tried that. He just says "I need a place to go until [Blank] contacts me, but where?"

I had the same problem. You want to walk down to where the Kazama Family Office is on Tenkaichi Street and a cutscene will trigger. You then want to back entrance of the bar.

Chapter-9-In-Yakuza-0.jpg

hbkdx12

Mother of God yall weren't kidding about the cabaret club mini game. Absolutely a blast and obsessive. Never thought I'd be playing dress up with girls to make them cute/beautiful/etc

I need some tips

- when do you know you can ask for an extension?

- should I just go by the face the smiley does when choosing a girl to know who to send their way?

- do training sessions eventually stop for a platinum girl? I wanted to do all of Yukis before moving on to my new platinum girl

- when to apologize?

Also tips for making money fast? I did my first battle and barely won against the first of the cabaret Kings. In fact I only won because he spent more money on gifts for guests.

How the hell do I get an early lead and maintain it? Also why do most of my guests never leave the "poor" status even if they leave with a happy smiley face?
I'm no pro so someone might have better tips

1) I think the extensions are a bit RNG but 95% of the time it works for me when the customer has a winky face and the attribute that they have a preference for matches with the girl (either a O or a double O) but you don't lose anything by asking for an extension and getting turned down so might as well go for it if you're on the fence. Also, the words under the the customers expression (poor, average, etc) relates to how much money they have and doesn't correlate to their disposition as i had originally assumed. That being said, i've never gotten an extension to work on poor customers regardless of how happy they were. Once you start getting a mix of poor and rich clients, there's no reason to give the poorer people an extension anyway.

2) I think the customer's expression is the only real way to know who matches up best with them. If i have more than one girl who matches up well i start to look at other things like who has more HP or who needs the xp more. Also note that the timer stops when you're choosing your girls so feel free to take as much as you need when trying to make the best decision. There's also 6 different types of expressions:

The red winky face=Excellent
Purple smiley face = Very good
Orange smiley face = Good
Green so-so face = Satisfactory
Blue frown face = Less than satisfactory
Angry red face = Pissed off

As far as i can tell, you'll never start a meeting off with the red winky face regardless of how well they match up. It'll come from the R1 happy hour thing or if the girl needs help and you pick the right gesture and the customer gets a bump in their satisfaction level.

Try not to keep customers with girls who give them a blue frown face or red angry face for too long. In some cases, you'll have to do it based on the selection of girls you have working or whatever better picks are occupied but you won't be able to increase their mood unless it's with the R1 happy hour thing.

3) Training sessions do stop. I think each girl has 5 or 6 and they're not all conversation based

4) Apologize when you want to boost the customers mood before they leave to help improve word of mouth. I've only used this on customers who left with the green so-so face and the apology bumps them to the orange smiley face. But to be honest, i never really had to apologize all that often. Either my customers left very satisfied or they'd leave pissed because i didn't have the right girl to suit them in which case there was much i could do.

The battles are nerve racking because there's no real way to know how well you're doing until it's over. The last two battles were kicking my ass heavily and causing my customers to leave and destroying the levels of my girls and their performance yet i beat both of them by over 15 mil. Anytime you battle, make sure you have all you're platinum hostesses as healthy/happy as possible and don't rush into a battle if you don't think you're ready. You don't have to start the battle when the invite is given to you. You can keep leveling up your girls and expanding your roster until you feel comfortable

Finally done with the Hostess thing. Got a 1.1% trophy for finishing it :)

As fun and ridiculously deep as it was, I'm sort of relieved to be done with it....I've spent more time on it than the rest of the game combined!

Finally done with the Hostess thing. Got a 1.1% trophy for finishing it :)

As fun and ridiculously deep as it was, I'm sort of relieved to be done with it....I've spent more time on it than the rest of the game combined!
As I was also going for all the substories, it did get a bit tiring near the end lol. Still a pretty fun mode.

Even though I already saw it on the GB Quick Look, when I did the pizza mission and the pizza guy gives a thumbs up at no one in particular at the end I still cracked up.

And when I have to play the game with the volume off, for someone reason my brain wants to make Kiryu's voice like Archer's during the submissions.

I didn't see the Quick Look until later, but yeah, that pan to Pizza Guy at the end with his thumbs up was just the perfect ending for that side mission. Especially since the title pops up with the chime with the "End" stamp on it. Just made me burst in a light laugh.

The Pizza mission, the phone club mission (the one with
the caller that's seemingly scaring away customers
) and the one with the merchant with the secret password are some of the funniest substories in the game.

This is a great question.

There're a couple of smaller differences, but the main difference is a cabaret is a show club, where there is some sort of performance (be it dancing, or bands, or whatever) and attendants sit with you and basically try to make the experience more interesting and get you to buy drinks and stuff.

A cabaret club, on the other hand, is all about coming and chatting to the girls and that's the whole point. The girls are the focus.

The confusing thing is that in this game, the Oddessy is portraited as a cabaret, but when you get there, it's really more of a cabaret club.

Ah, thanks for explaining. I thought the difference was the orchestra that was playing in the Grand, but the Oddessy didn't have anything like that going on so I got confused :p

Fjordson

Man the localization team that did this did a fantastic job. I don't speak Japanese, but it seems like they were able to capture the little moments of humour or absurdity really well.

The postcard substory in the Real Estate office is hilarious, particularly Kiryu stressing to the secretary to not read his postcards.

"Can you mail this postcard for me later?

"Oh, of course. Are postcards your new hobby?"

"Not exactly. Just don't read it.

"I won't."

*dramatic camera zoom*

"Never, ever read it."

The pizza guy cameo at the very end had me dying. Just perfect lmao

xviper

i just had the weirdest glitch ever

my controller stopped working IN the game, i can press the PS button and it works fine in the dashboard but in the game it doesn't work, so i turned my controller off and on and it worked until the next loading and it stops again, did the same thing and it happened again, turned off the game and still the same, then i turned off the ps4 and it worked

WTF ? did any one had any glitch like this ??

i'm cursed with glitches, Witcher 3 started the curse

My favorite throwaway sub story was the guy who is looking for his daughter and thinks he sees her out in the streets
when it's revealed its not his daughter and he says it's OK and he's fine with getting to know this girl and starts asking her to call him daddy in that weird way
I lost my shit

My favorite throwaway sub story was the guy who is looking for his daughter and thinks he sees her out in the streets
when it's revealed its not his daughter and he says it's OK and he's fine with getting to know this girl and starts asking her to call him daddy in that weird way
I lost my shit

"Well, I guess there's more than one kind of daddy"

Fucking hilarious.

gotta give a shout out to the strength of the supporting cast:

more fleshed out nishiki, kuze, awano, oda, tachibana, sagawa, lee

best set of side characters in the series

And they've given more depth to characters that appear in Yakuza 1, even if it was rather brief.

Shinji
Sera
and
Dojima

I lost my shit

Oh yeah, I remember that one. I was just like "What the hell?" while laughing at every little part near the end of that sub story when the realization happens.

This game... Glad the weekend's near and I don't have much homework/projects with college so I should be able to play it quite a bit.

S1kkZ

i finished the real estate sidequest. question:
the new fighting style, what is this exactly? if i buy upgrades, they apply to all styles. but i can also select it as a seperate fighting style, which seems like a best-of mix of all other styles? there is also no move list for the legend style.

i finished the real estate sidequest. question:
the new fighting style, what is this exactly? if i buy upgrades, they apply to all styles. but i can also select it as a seperate fighting style, which seems like a best-of mix of all other styles? there is also no move list for the legend style.

The new
fighting style is Kiryu's fighting style from the previous games (his future, you could say hence why it's called Legend).
In the sphere grid, check the abilities section by pressing triangle, go to heat moves and the ones
with a white icons on the heat meters are the ones that are exclusive to this style.

And the
upgrades for this style affect the character as a whole but they're done in small increments that add up.

Same applies to Majima once you complete his Cabaret club sidequest.

S1kkZ

Trying to get through the
Gambling King mission
. I might just take the loss instead of reloading each time.

i said fuck it and lost. no big deal. in the end you need to invest a bit more money but you dondt have to deal with that shitty minigame.

Add me to the "I hate the cat fighting mini game" list :(

Yeah, it doesn't help there's a trophy associated with the mini game if you want to get a platinum.

I really actively don't want to do those mini games. I'm fine with the others, but the cat fighting mini game is just luck based it seems. I came to the last round one time and ended up losing right when the opposing cat fighter had a sliver of health left.

Just sucks.

And that's just one match.

To get the trophy, you need to win 10 full tournaments, which consist of 3 matches each. Shoot me.

i said fuck it and lost. no big deal. in the end you need to invest a bit more money but you dondt have to deal with that shitty minigame.

Yeah, it doesn't help there's a trophy associated with the mini game if you want to get a platinum.

I really actively don't want to do those mini games. I'm fine with the others, but the cat fighting mini game is just luck based it seems. I came to the last round one time and ended up losing right when the opposing cat fighter had a sliver of health left.

Just sucks.

I've already come to terms with the fact that I won't platinum this game. That's unfortunate, though. The majority of the mini games so far have been pretty fun.

Man the localization team that did this did a fantastic job. I don't speak Japanese, but it seems like they were able to capture the little moments of humour or absurdity really well.

The postcard substory in the Real Estate office is hilarious, particularly Kiryu stressing to the secretary to not read his postcards.

"Can you mail this postcard for me later?

"Oh, of course. Are postcards your new hobby?"

"Not exactly. Just don't read it.

"I won't."

*dramatic camera zoom*

"Never, ever read it."

No joke, I love almost every exchange between Kiryu and his secretary. Interview substories are also hilarious.

Key_Notes88

Neo Member
Watching youtube movies of Yakuza 1&2 right now to get involved with the characters. Love the story telling and presentation, will definitely be getting into the series as a result.

I've already come to terms with the fact that I won't platinum this game. That's unfortunate, though. The majority of the mini games so far have been pretty fun.

I figured I wasn't going to platinum it. I'm just going to do what I want to do in the game. I never actively seek platinum trophies unless I'm willing to play the game to the extent of the platinum trophy or more. That's why my platinums are mostly visual novels like the Danganronpa and Steins;Gate games. It helps that I haven't been too addicted in achievements and trophies compared to some. I like them as an incentive to play a game I enjoy more, but not as something that makes the game less enjoyable.

still having trouble finding liquor for the hobos...I still need champagne and that sweet potato shit. is there another word for champagne in this game?

edit: just got the champagne...now where are the sweet potato drinks

edit: found it! finally these helpless hobos can now indulge in their addictions

Finalow

can you finish the Real Estate Royale thing without actually buying all the properties? I got 100% in the 4th area and I'm moving to the next one but I haven't bought the bowling building yet.

I think you can purchase it from the pawn shop?

For the phone girls, pay attention to the colour of the girls bikini and her voice, as each one sounds different (and there should be three colours of bikini) to give you a clue on which you'll get. That should help narrow things down a bit.
I checked at the shop but they didn't have it. unless you have to unlock it somehow I don't think they sell it there.

I noticed all those girls have different voices and bikinis (only three different colors though? There are like 10 of them) but I feel like it's still gonna be annoying and extremely boring to find all of them.
then again I can just give up on the 100%

Hoo boy, how does the telephone club minigame actually work? Can you get the same girl twice? Is there specific girls for specific session length? How many girls is there?

Any guides?

This is how the telephone club went for me:

First I tried the long package, always getting through the first caller. I get three different "bad" options in a row.

So I assumed that you need to pay attention to the answer of "body" and "face" question, and I took a long course once again. I'm almost certain that ALL the girls calling answers the same way as my previous "bad" callers. I spent one long session for nothing.

So I was like, well fuck it, I'll went with the medium package and just roll with whoever calls me. And boom, three different girlfriend in a row. I'm pretty sure their answer to the "body" and "face" questions is similar to the "bad" ones.

If you can only get any girl once, then I'm going to bruteforce it lol. I can't understand how it works.

Top Bottom