• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

hbkdx12

End game questions....

There's so many families and entities i feel like i've lost track of whats happening

Why did the Omi Alliance kill Sawaga? Was he the traiter that sera and kuze was talking about?

When Kiryu and Nikishi are having a drink at the end, kiryu tells him that he's going back to the dojima family. Nikishi tells him that if he's still going to be yakuza that he should at least be with the kazama family. Isn't the kazama family part of the dojima family so wouldn't it kind of be the same thing? If not then why wouldn't Kiryu go with the kazama family other than to possible carve his own path and not follow kazama?

Who was the guy shimano killed when majima gives him the gun?

I totally forgot who/what the Omi Alliance was. Who were they and where do they fall within the yakuza? Are they on the same level as the tojo clan or were they a subsidiary of the tojo like the dojima family?

xezuru

End game questions....

There's so many families and entities i feel like i've lost track of whats happening

Why did the Omi Alliance kill Sawaga? Was he the traiter that sera and kuze was talking about?

When Kiryu and Nikishi are having a drink at the end, kiryu tells him that he's going back to the dojima family. Nikishi tells him that if he's still going to be yakuza that he should at least be with the kazama family. Isn't the kazama family part of the dojima family so wouldn't it kind of be the same thing? If not then why wouldn't Kiryu go with the kazama family other than to possible carve his own path and not follow kazama?

Who was the guy shimano killed when majima gives him the gun?

I totally forgot who/what the Omi Alliance was. Who were they and where do they fall within the yakuza? Are they on the same level as the tojo clan or were they a subsidiary of the tojo like the dojima family?

No, I am fairly sure the traitor they are referring to is Shimano, The Tojo patriarch of the Shimano Family who imprisoned Majima after his previous history. That said, Shimano and Sagawa are "sworn brothers" in this case im pretty sure this is an unspoken political move made before the game because Shimano is from Tojo(Tokyo Yakuza) and Sagawa is a family patriarch for the Omi (Osaka Yakuza) they are completely seperate factions but they are sworn brothers like if a brit and american had to cover eachother in life and death in ww2. After the events of the game, Shimano kills his Omi alliance contact who wanted him to steal the Empty Lot so that the Omi can have power in Tokyo to "prove" he wasn't the traitor, Sagawa's death was probably retribution for that involvement.

The Tojo are the most powerful clan, they rule major cities like the most obviously powerful one, Tokyo and as a result or addition have the most manpower and revenue. The Omi are an entirely different Yakuza clan, controlling a more Southern area but still major part of Japan, in Osaka and other such cities like "Sotenbori", they are hugely strong but Tojo is just that much of a monster to have weight over them.

This is my implied interpretation for Kiryu's return but Kiryu returns to the Dojima family because of what he learned of Kazama. Kiryu lived solely to follow in Kazama Shintaro's footsteps and he turned out to deal in blood just as much as any other Yakuza, only weighing the pieces much smarter than any other, he still respected him, but Kiryu wanted to be a Yakuza who could make it to the top with his own fists and honor in tact, part of him upholding his honor is basically going back to the Dojima family and taking responsibility for all the shit he did in this story, because obviously he fucked Dojima over and left the clan like a baby, now that it is resolved, if he still wants to be a Yakuza he has to show respect and make ammends and not run away from his actions.

Aki-at

Uh, Majima's eye was poked out. I'd say that's pretty noticeable.

It was
stabbed out before he was thrown in that hole by Shimano though. And if you checked the cutscene one of the lackey was about to brand Majima with a hot iron.

It's not a major issue though but funny none the less!

Ultimadrago

Has anyone been able to beat Racer (side story #43)? If so, what was your setup? I've been using this guide for the latter races (http://www.khhsubs.com/rggzero/substories.html), but keep failing awfully for this one.

Yep. Used the same setup, but with one tier lower on the Red Gears and the 3.0 Stabilizers instead of the 2.0 (since I had them). Funny enough, the A.I. crashed right before I was going to win. lol

Edit: I may have used Medium Suspensions instead of Heavy, but I don't remember and can't go back to check at the moment :(

Mbrill82

Having a TON of fun with this one. Makes me want part 6 even moreso.

I'm getting a little frustrated with the Batting Cages, I want those 1st place prizes!

Another thing I like is that it seems to load quickly anytime it has to load, like after a death or replaying the Batting mini-game 50 times in a row.

Invis

About to start my second playthrough on Legend difficulty. I feel that the
Lao Gui
fight is going to fucking suck.

Ultimadrago

Finally finished the Nightlife questline. Boy, what a ride. Yakuza 0's side content certainly has some very cheesy melodrama to it that will be a Make-or-Break/Take it-or-Leave it for some people getting into it. Personally, I've found it such a fulfilling way to flesh out the personalities in the world and add further replay value to the mini-games. I suppose I simply applaud the effort at hand to even bother making miniature stories at all. It really has been a pleasant surprise...and I haven't even gotten to Chapter 8 yet in the story!

hbkdx12

No, I am fairly sure the traitor they are referring to is Shimano, The Tojo patriarch of the Shimano Family who imprisoned Majima after his previous history. That said, Shimano and Sagawa are "sworn brothers" in this case im pretty sure this is an unspoken political move made before the game because Shimano is from Tojo(Tokyo Yakuza) and Sagawa is a family patriarch for the Omi (Osaka Yakuza) they are completely seperate factions but they are sworn brothers like if a brit and american had to cover eachother in life and death in ww2. After the events of the game, Shimano kills his Omi alliance contact who wanted him to steal the Empty Lot so that the Omi can have power in Tokyo to "prove" he wasn't the traitor, Sagawa's death was probably retribution for that involvement.

The Tojo are the most powerful clan, they rule major cities like the most obviously powerful one, Tokyo and as a result or addition have the most manpower and revenue. The Omi are an entirely different Yakuza clan, controlling a more Southern area but still major part of Japan, in Osaka and other such cities like "Sotenbori", they are hugely strong but Tojo is just that much of a monster to have weight over them.

This is my implied interpretation for Kiryu's return but Kiryu returns to the Dojima family because of what he learned of Kazama. Kiryu lived solely to follow in Kazama Shintaro's footsteps and he turned out to deal in blood just as much as any other Yakuza, only weighing the pieces much smarter than any other, he still respected him, but Kiryu wanted to be a Yakuza who could make it to the top with his own fists and honor in tact, part of him upholding his honor is basically going back to the Dojima family and taking responsibility for all the shit he did in this story, because obviously he fucked Dojima over and left the clan like a baby, now that it is resolved, if he still wants to be a Yakuza he has to show respect and make ammends and not run away from his actions.

thanks for the clarification

I'm interested to see how the series handles this mad dog majima.. After yakuza 0 i don't think i can see him as anything other than good guy majima :(

Anyone know what the difference between premium adventure and new game plus is?

Linkura

Finally done with DQ8 and going to start on this tomorrow!! So glad Yakuza is finally getting the recognition it deserves in the West.

Finally finished the Nightlife questline. Boy, what a ride. Yakuza 0's side content certainly has some very cheesy melodrama to it that will be a Make-or-Break/Take it-or-Leave it for some people getting into it. Personally, I've found it such a fulfilling way to flesh out the personalities in the world and add further replay value to the mini-games. I suppose I simply applaud the effort at hand to even bother making miniature stories at all. It really has been a pleasant surprise...and I haven't even gotten to Chapter 8 yet in the story!
Just beat club Venus. Man, I feel like that a-hole character got off so easy. I at least did a half dozen heat moves on him, yet I still wasn't satisfied. I wish there were some iron nails around the club so I could do that heat move to him.

Invis

thanks for the clarification

I'm interested to see how the series handles this mad dog majima.. After yakuza 0 i don't think i can see him as anything other than good guy majima :(

Anyone know what the difference between premium adventure and new game plus is?

The final line in the game, in the post credits scene, is a good indication of how Majima is the rest of the series, ha.

Ultimadrago

Just beat club Venus. Man, I feel like that a-hole character got off so easy. I at least did a half dozen heat moves on him, yet I still wasn't satisfied. I wish there were some iron nails around the club so I could do that heat move to him.

Haha! Agreed, they had so much more coming to 'em.

Aki-at

I remember when Yakuza 4 had hostess management and I absolutely hated it so I'm always a bit worried whenever hostess anything pops up in Yakuza games heh but I am absolutely loving Majima's side activity. So fun micromanaging everything, shame I've got over 4 billion yen that I can buy everything without worrying about it haha.

hbkdx12

The final line in the game, in the post credits scene, is a good indication of how Majima is the rest of the series, ha.
That's the thing. It was such a weird tonal shift particularly coming behind the two send off scenes with makoto which were just awesome.

Also how did him and kiryu even know each other? They never even crossed paths.

Fjordson

Uh...has anyone done the Bachus training? I'm on the "essence of finishing blows". It says square three times, then triangle triangle. I keeping doing that combo, but the tutorial counter won't change so I'm stuck in this fight. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That Chapter 3 intro tho .. fucking incredible.

yakuza0_2017020114550o8sz3.png

That's the thing. It was such a weird tonal shift particularly coming behind the two send off scenes with makoto which were just awesome.

Also how did him and kiryu even know each other? They never even crossed paths.
I'm guessing during the month after the events they eventually met, maybe when Kazuma went back into the family, maybe? As a long time fan of the series, I was kinda disappointed they didn't show an official meeting between the two.

alt27

Uh...has anyone done the Bachus training? I'm on the "essence of finishing blows". It says square three times, then triangle triangle. I keeping doing that combo, but the tutorial counter won't change so I'm stuck in this fight. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Yeah I was on that part for 45mins last night! You have to press trinagle immeditatley after the backhand slapdown, so better mashing it rather than pausing

Fjordson

Yeah I was on that part for 45mins last night! You have to press trinagle immeditatley after the backhand slapdown, so better mashing it rather than pausing
Ah okay, got it. And it's a heat action. I didn't even realize. I thought I was like waiting and it was a regular combo. Thanks!

Just beat the game!!! Now to finish off the last of the sub stories and Cabaret club before Nioh comes out. Amazing game, put in 47 hours, so far my favorite game since witcher 3.

Fhtagn

Yo can anyone help me with traffic strategies in Outrun?

I am getting damn good at steering/braking/gear shifting to deal with wild turns, I can start stage two with 74-76 seconds on the clock regularly, but cars sideswiping me at the last second, hanging out in my lane in front of me for a long time and or showing up three lanes across and not moving is my leading cause of time loss...

I can get to the third stage and I'm agonizingly close to breaking the 5 million point barrier (4.89 mil) so this is "driving" me a little nuts.

MYeager

Yep, well said. The traitor IS Shimano. They reference in later Yakuza games those that have sworn brothers across clans as a specific thing. Sagawa's death wouldn't need to be retribution but punishment. An Omi head died, and Tojo clan is too strong in their position to take it out on them, but Sagawa would've been held as responsible because of his affiliations.

And with Kiryu I felt mostly the same way. He went back to Dojima because he's trying to atone for the mess he made and prove himself, knowing that if he ran to civilian life he'd always keep running and that's not his way.

I'm stuck at Chapter 2 and need help.

I got off the apt and I need to go check the places by the enemy of the Yakuza that will help me. I searched the whole map and nothing. What am I to do?

Jachaos

I'm stuck at Chapter 2 and need help.

I got off the apt and I need to go check the places by the enemy of the Yakuza that will help me. I searched the whole map and nothing. What am I to do?

It should be when you approach some groups of guys in the street just out of where you go to/leave the apartment. The street in the north west. You should hear two different groups of guys talk when you approach them.

Tizoc

I remember when Yakuza 4 had hostess management and I absolutely hated it so I'm always a bit worried whenever hostess anything pops up in Yakuza games heh but I am absolutely loving Majima's side activity. So fun micromanaging everything, shame I've got over 4 billion yen that I can buy everything without worrying about it haha.
Why cant real life be like video games :v

xclk07

Yo can anyone help me with traffic strategies in Outrun?

See a couple tips a few pages back. What finally allowed my break-through to 5M was not braking; only taking off the acceleration around turns. That didn't dip the speed down as much as breaking and gave me the extra 2 to 3 seconds I needed to clear the 2nd checkpoint.

the ending is so good except
Majima should've been withe Makoto.

YAKUZA 0 was an amazing run through!!!! will go back and do some side stories. and try on legendary

Bog

Junior Ace
How is the localization so bad? Goro is a soft spoken badass in his introduction, then 5 minutes later he says "Cool story bro" to a guy on the street. Come on.

RiverKwai

How is the localization so bad? Goro is a soft spoken badass in his introduction, then 5 minutes later he says "Cool story bro" to a guy on the street. Come on.

I think he hates every second he has to pretend to be that "soft spoken badass".

bleaker

I think that's more of a case of Majima being a bit looser when he isn't working. He tries to be as professional as possible while working for obvious reasons. A lot of people act differently at work than they do regularly.

On Gamefaqs, someone said there's an item you can get that reveals side missions locations. Does anyone know the item and where to find it?
For Majima,
finish the friendship meter of the bar opposite to your apartment.

for Kiryu,
there's a tax related substory that you unlock naturally after you defeat the electronic king.

N° 2048

What is the ping I am hearing when walking around? Also the map pulses or something when it happens.

Game is great so far, only 2 hours in.

Frimaire

Does anybody know what triggers Club Moon's challenge?
I thought it was just have more fans in the area than them, but that didn't trigger it.
Then I thought it was over 15k fans, but that hasn't triggered it either...

Top Bottom