• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 0 |OT| Yes, you can start with this one!

Majima's club management is addictive af. I can't stop playing it and I'm still in chapter 7, at this rate I will never finish the game before Nioh lol

I got to chapter 6 and just stopped, not playing, just doing subquests, mini games and real estate for hours ha ha. Think I'm about 44% completion rate currently.

xviper

i'm at chapter
am i gonna be able to return to the first city before finishing the main story ?? is there a way to collect the money from the real estate income while in stonepori as Kiryue ?

Just finished chapter 4. You know, if you're dicking around the whole time and doing nothing but sidequests and minigames, Majima
going on an assassination mission seems weirdly out of character, even if it might not be with how he's portrayed throughout the rest of the series.

So the substory with the giant 9 year old kid...
that was the bad guy from Yakuza 2? I suppose he wasn't a joke character in that game, lol.

Now I'm trying to get the hang of OutRun to finish the Ruka Kanae substory. Any tips? I can't make it past the second stage (Tried both routes, on the right path I almost made it to the next checkpoint.) and that gets me about 3 million points. Is it better to constantly Switch gears or just stay fast all the time and brake if necessary?

Edit: Also...I'm still not actually sure how you get the most money out of fights? Whether I should just do it fast, or use lots of Heat moves. No matter what I do, sometimes I get a whole lot of cast and other times it's below even 100,000 yen, which is not okay.

hbkdx12

Just finished chapter 4. You know, if you're dicking around the whole time and doing nothing but sidequests and minigames, Majima
going on an assassination mission seems weirdly out of character, even if it might not be with how he's portrayed throughout the rest of the series.
What was out of character about it? He's introduced as a nice hospitable guy more so if you're doing the side missions but he was also a desperate man living a life of servitude and imprisonment.

Also, if you're talking about fighting random guys in the street, i think the type of enemy they are determines how much money you get from them. So believe fighting someone like the yakuza or the men in black will get you more money than if you're fighting basic goons.

Need help with Ogita. Whatever I do he's always better than me. Is there an accessory or something that makes it easier?

So the substory with the giant 9 year old kid...
that was the bad guy from Yakuza 2? I suppose he wasn't a joke character in that game, lol.

Now I'm trying to get the hang of OutRun to finish the Ruka Kanae substory. Any tips? I can't make it past the second stage (Tried both routes, on the right path I almost made it to the next checkpoint.) and that gets me about 3 million points. Is it better to constantly Switch gears or just stay fast all the time and brake if necessary?

Edit: Also...I'm still not actually sure how you get the most money out of fights? Whether I should just do it fast, or use lots of Heat moves. No matter what I do, sometimes I get a whole lot of cast and other times it's below even 100,000 yen, which is not okay.

Don't crash, try not to brake but instead let go of the acceleration. You only need to get to the stage 2 to rack up 3 mil, so don't worry so much. Fights don't get you much money, keep playing and you'll see.

I just bought a second copy because the one I ordered has still not arrived. Good to see there weren't many copies left on the shelf though!

Now I can't wait to get home and finally jump in.

Mupod

I'm at the start of chapter 6 still, and I haven't done anything but work on real estate. I've got 3 areas at 100% and the gambling king at 36. I can't stop.

EndMerit

Man, I can barely reach 3 million in Out Run, and Electronics King says that 5 mil is pretty bad run for him? To hell with this, you can take your 10% back for now, I'll break your neck soon enough...

convo

I'm at the start of chapter 6 still, and I haven't done anything but work on real estate. I've got 3 areas at 100% and the gambling king at 36. I can't stop.

Can't stop. Won't stop.Besides being fun It's goddamn worth it for opening the locks in the fighting styles. I love that every other side-story will get you those characters as help, a real nice pay out for completionists.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
f6mHyFO.gif

New reaction pic to Yakuza news

This is important: I need to know if Kiryu can wear the reading glasses he gets from
Oda
and equip them after that mission is over. I want to play the game wearing glasses.

I'm becoming a pro bowler in this game. Last night I was going for a turkey for the "turkey challenge" (lol) and ended up getting 5 strikes in a row. First try too. The Venom Lord is my ball of choice.

Rymuth

yeah, i'm pouring them into this now! what's an easy way to rack up CP? i get them from walking around, some quests, fights/saving people etc so far
Food. Never recover using staminan x after a battle. Head to the nearest restaurant and eat every dish you need to recover, look for the ticks to denotes dishes you sampled. Once you tasted everything, you get 1CP

Works as well for bars.

Check your completion list and work off stuff that are near completion.

Mother of God yall weren't kidding about the cabaret club mini game. Absolutely a blast and obsessive. Never thought I'd be playing dress up with girls to make them cute/beautiful/etc

I need some tips

- when do you know you can ask for an extension?

- should I just go by the face the smiley does when choosing a girl to know who to send their way?

- do training sessions eventually stop for a platinum girl? I wanted to do all of Yukis before moving on to my new platinum girl

- when to apologize?

Also tips for making money fast? I did my first battle and barely won against the first of the cabaret Kings. In fact I only won because he spent more money on gifts for guests.

How the hell do I get an early lead and maintain it? Also why do most of my guests never leave the "poor" status even if they leave with a happy smiley face?

What's the difference between a cabaret and a cabaret club? They look the same to me, just that the clubs are smaller.

This is a great question.

There're a couple of smaller differences, but the main difference is a cabaret is a show club, where there is some sort of performance (be it dancing, or bands, or whatever) and attendants sit with you and basically try to make the experience more interesting and get you to buy drinks and stuff.

A cabaret club, on the other hand, is all about coming and chatting to the girls and that's the whole point. The girls are the focus.

The confusing thing is that in this game, the Oddessy is portraited as a cabaret, but when you get there, it's really more of a cabaret club.

xclk07

Your security staff doesn't help out with Mr. Shakedown fights (as opposed to them helping with regular fights), correct?

xviper

i forgot about the main story and just kept playing the Real estate missions

holy shit, this is by FAR the best mini-game in an open world game

it's so addicting, it feels like a completely different game

Top Bottom