• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 5 |OT| Rage Your Dreams

Akibared

should I pick this up now, or go back and finish my Yakuza 3 play through and start 4 (purchased but not played yet)

I stopped playing Yakuza 3 because I've been doing the orphanage stuff for hours on end, and got a little tired taking care of kids in whats supposedly meant to be a great Japanese gang game

Keep at it because you will get to badass stuff!

Well, that's 15% of £32.99 anyway. Still doesn't match what the Sega press release said though.

Yeah. Can't download it until I get home from work in 6 hours, so I might as well wait and see if anything happens regarding the £30 price in the PR email.

Tizoc

At work and I fucking HATE using Amazon app on my phone.
Waiting for my lazy ass brother to reply with the code so I cna buy it while at work then when I get home I fire up the PS3 to download it.
Yes I know it only takes a few minutes but I can't contain the HEAT.

DryvBy

should I pick this up now, or go back and finish my Yakuza 3 play through and start 4 (purchased but not played yet)

I stopped playing Yakuza 3 because I've been doing the orphanage stuff for hours on end, and got a little tired taking care of kids in whats supposedly meant to be a great Japanese gang game

The intro to 3 is a lot slower but it picks up. I wasn't too impressed at first as well and quit playing until I finished 4. 4 really hammer home how awesome this game was.

raven777

Ok, played little bit and first impression:

-opening is really cool
-the visual looks better than 4, especially the resolution
-the cutscenes, especially real-time ones, seems a lot better than 4
-the UI is also improved...feels more responsive compared to 4.
-the fight transition is so much better.

loving what I have played so far.. it's really fantastic.

Tizoc

Yakuza 3 is worth it for the 2nd best bro in the series
528082-yakuza-3-playstation-3-screenshot-kazuma-and-rikiya-pretending.jpg

DryvBy

should i stop 3, and just jump onto 4?

Nope, just push through. The game picks up and it will help you with 4 since you'll have a love for some characters. 4 is just epic. The metacritic score is an abomination to the industry.

Dio

Banned
The ramen-serving side quest makes me really feel for being a shop owner of one of these places.

Well they botched up this release, meant to be £30, with 15% off so £25.50.

Instead they decided to chuck a few extra quid onto original price, negating the 15% discount.

Will buy when sub £10.

SxP

Finally, they applied the discount. Bought it immediately, now I'm hoping that my PS3 automatically turns on like I told it to.

Kane1345

I was stupid and forgot that the PS3 doesn't download in standby mode XD

Back to waiting
with my PS3 on this time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I still feel that the orphanage parts are the best parts of gaming from last gen. It's so deceptively simple but it makes the payoff at the end so much more intense.

I got a little under two hours in last night before I was just too tired and had to go to sleep.

All day at work today I'm just going to be thinking about how I can come home and play this game.

Sigurd2990

Neo Member
I got this pre-ordered. 44GB in total....god damn. Well, doesn't matter. I've been waiting to play this game. Will download and play during the weekend

Nottle

if I had to play one Yakuza game before this which one should I play? I'm leaning towards getting Yakuza 3.

I would play Yakuza 4 if Ps3 was the only option. 2 characters in Y5 debut in Yakuza 4.

Otherwise I would say Yakuza 2. 3 isn't the most interesting.

Beautiful OT!

Can't believe we finally get to play this :)

Pre-orderd it way back but download is taking ages so I won't be able to play it till Friday or something T_T

And I have my finals in to weeks so need to study for those as well -_-

I would pick Yakuza 4 as it debuts some of the characters that also appear in Yakuza 5. Also i enjoyed Yakuza 4 more then the 3rd one.

I'd pick 4 as well if your only going to play one other game. Plus some of 5's plot points are small continuations to 4's plot points so there is that.

zakujanai

Yakuza 4, Dead Souls and 5 are available digitally on PS3.

Yakuza 3 is only available physically, but it's considered to be the worst of the mainline games.

Honestly, if you just play 4 and watch the recaps it has, and then go into 5 you're fine. I haven't felt like I missed anything important.

It is?? Only played 3 and 4 but 3 is by far my favourite.

I would say 3 is easily the weakest of the Western releases, if for no other reason than the content that was cut in the localization. A Yakuza without hostess clubs is no Yakuza at all.

ChryZ

I still can't believe it's finally here, localized and all. Am I dreaming? Someone, quick! Smash a mamachari over my head to wake me up.

Top Bottom