• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Community Thread - FEEL THE HEAT!

Freddo

They stated they aim to release it by Mid Nov. 2015.
I know, but I'm pretty sure they missed that aim.

On the European Playstation Store earlier this week they released a few Yakuza 5 avatars with the date December 1st, which were later removed within 12 hours,

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I think they retracted that statement, if you're referring to the Sega blog post about movies to watch to get in the mood.
Only because there's no official date and they didn't want to commit to anything. It's still probably going to be ready this month, hence the streams of the localized version. They said as much on yesterday's stream: there won't be some big announcement of the game's release date. It's pretty much just gonna be released when it's ready, which it almost is.

Only because there's no official date and they didn't want to commit to anything. It's still probably going to be ready this month, hence the streams of the localized version. They said as much on yesterday's stream: there won't be some big announcement of the game's release date. It's pretty much just gonna be released when it's ready, which it almost is.

I'm expecting something similar to Trails SC, where they'll just eventually come along and say "oh, this is coming out next week".

At this point I don't give a damn about marketing strategies for release date and such anymore. They can literally release it at the exact same time as Fallout 4 for all I care.

It's been 3 years Sega, just release the damn thing already.

oneida

At this point I don't give a damn about marketing strategies for release date and such anymore. They can literally release it at the exact same time as Fallout 4 for all I care.

It's been 3 years Sega, just release the damn thing already.
They're gonna

oneida

why is shintaro kazama called fuma in the first 3 games? the jp dub is obviously calling him kazama.

why is shintaro kazama called fuma in the first 3 games? the jp dub is obviously calling him kazama.

Pointless name changes on the dubs part. The fourth game fixes that thankfully. I know the dog you get in Yakuza 3 has his name changed to Rex in the dub, while his Japanese name is Mami. Yakuza 4 also changes his name back to Mami. I can only assume that change was to make it sound "less foreign"? Then again many of the ommissions in Yakuza 3 are just plain stupid, I'm glad it got an English release and all that but 10's of hours worth of content is missing from that game. So glad I have a Japanese copy as well. I much preferred playing through that copy earlier this year to enjoy the "full" experience.

deadfolk

Pointless name changes on the dubs part. The fourth game fixes that thankfully. I know the dog you get in Yakuza 3 has his name changed to Rex in the dub, while his Japanese name is Mami. Yakuza 4 also changes his name back to Mami. I can only assume that change was to make it sound "less foreign"? Then again many of the ommissions in Yakuza 3 are just plain stupid, I'm glad it got an English release and all that but 10's of hours worth of content is missing from that game. So glad I have a Japanese copy as well. I much preferred playing through that copy earlier this year to enjoy the "full" experience.

Yeah, I would pay full price again for a complete English version of Yakuza 3.

And double that for the HD version of 1&2.

Are you listening to me Sega?

Didn't think so.

Yeah, I would pay full price again for a complete English version of Yakuza 3.

And double that for the HD version of 1&2.

Are you listening to me Sega?

Didn't think so.

I think the boat has well and truly sailed for those, best you can hope for are fully translated remakes for the PS4. I have high hopes for a Yakuza 2 remake in Japan is Kiwami does well. Getting to replay the second game with the newer game engine would be amazing, and Ryuuji is still my joint favourite baddy with Nishiki.

I still hope that the rest of the PS3 games get proper 1080p/60FPS releases as well via PS4 or PC, as the sub HD resolutions are a blemish on an otherwise awesome series (and the visual snob in me would love them to be perfect).

That said, more than anything I want a Kenzan! remake/remaster and I doubt I'll get it :( I still need to replay that one at some stage as its the only game in the series now that I've not fought Amon on (I got screwed out of one side mission, making unlocking him impossible).

deadfolk

I think the boat has well and truly sailed for those, best you can hope for are fully translated remakes for the PS4. I have high hopes for a Yakuza 2 remake in Japan is Kiwami does well. Getting to replay the second game with the newer game engine would be amazing, and Ryuuji is still my joint favourite baddy with Nishiki.

I still hope that the rest of the PS3 games get proper 1080p/60FPS releases as well via PS4 or PC, as the sub HD resolutions are a blemish on an otherwise awesome series (and the visual snob in me would love them to be perfect).

That said, more than anything I want a Kenzan! remake/remaster and I doubt I'll get it :( I still need to replay that one at some stage as its the only game in the series now that I've not fought Amon on (I got screwed out of one side mission, making unlocking him impossible).

Kenzan was always the one I lusted after most. :(

However, I would be very happy with a remake of 2. That was probably my favourite of the ones that have been translated so far.

oneida

there's something driving me crazy about Y3.

if I'm in the shadow of a building, why am I casting a shadow?

Gacha-pin

haha, although native Japanese speakers are unlikely to read 風間 (Kazama) as Fuma, it is possible to read it that way.

there's something driving me crazy about Y3.

if I'm in the shadow of a building, why am I casting a shadow?
It's Okinawa, the sun is very strong there...

deadfolk

I've just finished the main story of Yakuza 4.

(Completion time and percentage spoilered in case anyone would rather not know)
Play time 43:25. Completion total 13.67%.

Jesus wept.

So, a question... Are there any story ties between Dead Souls and the main series, or is it safe to start 5 when it is released and just play DS on the side?

cj_iwakura

Jesus wept.

So, a question... Are there any story ties between Dead Souls and the main series, or is it safe to start 5 when it is released and just play DS on the side?

Not at all, Dead Souls has some fun references to niche quests and Majima being a badass, but overall, you can pass on it.

oneida

If I have time after Yakuza 3 I'll probably start Dead Souls rather than replay 4. Beat 4 this year and I don't think I'll have enough time to do another run of it.

I'm on the 10th chapter of Yakuza 3. Time permitting I may be done with it this week, so if you like reading my LTTPs you can look forward to that soon.

Jesus wept.

Only story ties I remember for Dead Souls were from Yakuza 2, as several characters (bad guys) in Yakuza 2 re appear in Dead Souls, but as the series isn't cannon you don't need to play it before 5.

deadfolk

Make sure you do the hostess dating as him in Dead Souls. There is only one girl to romance, and the responses you get to pick are often hilarious. Its actually the high point of Hostess dating in the series in my opinion!

Thanks, I'll make sure to do that. Didn't even know DS had any of that stuff in it at all.

Thanks, I'll make sure to do that. Didn't even know DS had any of that stuff in it at all.

Yeah, while the city gets more destroyed, all shops and normal side missions are available. While the shooting controls are pretty janky (especially next to the Studios other shooter - Binary Domain) it has a huge ton of content as you'd expect from any Yakuza title!

AdamT

Preordered 5 today. I haven't finished 4, but I've completed 3 and DS. While I may not get to it right away, every purchase (hopefully) counts.

oneida

I'm a bit annoyed that it's still not possible to pre-order Yakuza 5 from the European Playstation Store :(
they've been clear since day one that there won't be an EU preorder. you guys get the preorder discount for the first week or two of the game's release instead.

deadfolk

Yeah, while the city gets more destroyed, all shops and normal side missions are available. While the shooting controls are pretty janky (especially next to the Studios other shooter - Binary Domain) it has a huge ton of content as you'd expect from any Yakuza title!

That's awesome! For some reason, I was under the impression it was just a crappy shooter set in Kamurocho with some of the Yakuza characters. Glad to hear there's a bit more to it.

Tizoc

Once Y5's release date is confirmed, I'm gonna make a thread to hype people up and get them to get a PS3 this black friday
I will preface it with this glorious WEBM
https://fat.gfycat.com/HiddenLongFlatfish.webm

Can you do that shit in FO4? In SW Battlefront? In BLops 3?
Hell naw son, when you Kiryu Kazuma, random ass rockets from random ass Japanese punks hardly even counts as the easiest shit Kiryu had to deal with. Bitches be SMB 1-1 Goombas to him.

deadfolk

They announced the price ages ago; you can pre-order off US PSN with a discount right now, and EU get a 1 week discount. EU price is GBP 30 with a 1 week 15% discount.

Excellent! That will probably be €40, which means I have enough Psn monies to get it day one.

Gacha-pin

Yakuza 5 comes with online VF2 right? Is it compatible with VF2 that people downloaded from PSN?
Yes, it supports online but it is not compatible with the PSN version. I guess Yakuza5 VF2 community must be a wasteland with the expected total 8,935 sales.

Tizoc

I don't know about the sales of the series in the west well. Is it too optimistics?

;p It is a just wordplay. 893 is a slang word stands for ya-ku-za and I added 5 for Y5.

Heh clever ;P

Come on SEGA, give us surprise releases for this week. i could wait til next week BUT GIVE IT TO ME NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Jimrpg

Its just about mid November now isn't it?? Nov 14 here.

Where is Y5!

(I see the page is still not up on the Australian store. sigh.)

Top Bottom