• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Community Thread - FEEL THE HEAT!

Kazzy

Finished my Dead Souls difficulty run - this game wasn't intended to be played that way. The mechanics aren't good enough to deal with how the zombies behave on this difficulty, and it just exposes the major flaws of the engine.

...And the window for heat sniping? Wow, also super-human reflexes are required. In the end, I just resorted to using the XMB exploit.

Gacha-pin

I'm beginning to think that we might need a reality check very soon. Half way through November and still no word on a release date. I hate to even think about it but....

RGG5's story took place in December and was released in December in Japan (IIRC). I think December is good timing for Yakuza 5 to be released.

20150608154832.jpg

RGG5's story took place in December and was released in December in Japan (IIRC). I think December is good timing for Yakuza 5 to be released.

20150608154832.jpg

Yeah, it was based around Xmas 2012. Here's hoping it gets released in December at the very latest. Any later than that and the series is definitely dead unless Sony has insanely low expectations for how well this game will do (and even so, they probably should have insanely low expectations :( ).

Just a pity in the time its taken to get 5, Japan has gotten Ishin, 0 and potentially Kiwami (depending on when 5 launches).

20150608154832.jpg
December would be good time to release Y5, yes. But I just don't see the point of not announcing a release date if it's gonna come out that soon. And I don't understand the whole sentiment behind doing a surprise "out right now" thing either.*

It's not like Yakuza is a huge series that would make a great buzz by doing this kinda release. It's a niche series, coming out 3 years after it's initial Japanese release, as an exclusive last gen digital only title. Almost every person who was interested and wanted to buy the game has done it by now or will do it when it eventually releases, so Sega should just give us a release date/window instead of keeping us in the dark yet again.

I've said this before but it's really not a good idea to tease your fans (by doing streams without a release date) who have been waiting 3 YEARS for your niche title. If it's been delayed then just come out and say it. If it's not, then give us a date already. It's this not knowing that really bothers me the most.

Unless they do it in PSX and after they announce Yakuza 0's localization. That could create some buzz around the title.

5taquitos

December would be good time to release Y5, yes. But I just don't see the point of not announcing a release date if it's gonna come out that soon. And I don't understand the whole sentiment behind doing a surprise "out right now" thing either.*

It's not like Yakuza is a huge series that would make a great buzz by doing this kinda release. It's a niche series, coming out 3 years after it's initial Japanese release, as an exclusive last gen digital only title. Almost every person who was interested and wanted to buy the game has done it by now or will do it when it eventually releases, so Sega should just give us a release date/window instead of keeping us in the dark yet again.

I've said this before but it's really not a good idea to tease your fans (by doing streams without a release date) who have been waiting 3 YEARS for your niche title. If it's been delayed then just come out and say it. If it's not, then give us a date already. It's this not knowing that really bothers me the most.

Unless they do it in PSX and after they announce Yakuza 0's localization. That could create some buzz around the title.

Maybe they're still struggling with that text bug? I want a release date as much as the next person, but it's possible the bug is causing them more problems than anticipated.

Sgblues

Yeah people are getting antsy waiting for it to come out, even my prediction of it being from the 5th to the 11th didn't work out but I'm sure it might come out between Thanksgiving week and Dec 6th(when the original Japanese release date was) if not earlier or later(hopefully not).

But it gave me enough time to stop being lazy and finish off the PS3 version of HD 1&2, getting the platinum and 100% in game completion for both games, which means I have all the games with a platinum plus 100% done and 100% in game completion for all the others.

Maybe they're still struggling with that text bug? I want a release date as much as the next person, but it's possible the bug is causing them more problems than anticipated.

Then they should just come out and say that IMO. It's not a good strategy to keep quite about your game when it's already been delayed once (from summer to fall) and it's starting to look that it might be delayed yet again.

Anyway, I tried so hard to do as I myself suggested a few pages ago and stay away from the series until Y5 gets released but it wasn't easy so I started playing Yakuza series as well. (I just hope that I don't feel series fatigue when Y5 actually drops)

Managed to finally finish my first Ishin run. As much as liked some of the improvements and new additions of that title it really wasn't that fun when I constantly needed to look at a guide to understand what was actually going on, so for now I just finished main storyline and a few dozens of sub-stories. Still, kudos to KHHsubs for their thorough English walktrough, I would have never be able to play/understand Ishin as much as I did if it wasn't for that awesome guide of theirs.

And while I still think Ishin had a good chance at succeeding at west (especially since there weren't that many PS4 titles when it came out) now I kinda understand why SEGA didn't thought about localizing it. That game is really Japanese and I'm not just talking about the usual silly Yakuza stuff that we see in the main series. The historical theme, story, characters, etc etc...almost everything about that game is targeted and catered for Japanese audience so it kinda does make sense for SEGA to only release it in Japan.

Anyways, now I've moved on to Yakuza 3. To my surprise it's been over two years since I last played that game so much of the story events (and sub-stories) aren't that clear to me so I'm actually enjoying it more than I thought I would.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
pretty sure they literally did come out and say that some unexpected text bugs are complicating release

This is exactly what they said:
A few weird development bugs that popped up in localization are taking some time to iron out. Without getting too technical, there were just certain parts that didn’t like switching the Japanese text out for English, and we had to actually search through the source code to find a fix, taking more time than we expected. But! Everything is more or less back on track.
So it looked like they pretty much had the problem fixed. And they did say that it would possibly be a mid November release but removed that part a few hours later.

They obviously missed that mid November mark so surely something has happened (whether a change in marketing plans or some other localization problem), I'm not asking them to release it right away mind you, all I want is for them to stop keeping us in the dark and tell us what the problem is.

If it's delayed then say it is. If it's not, then give us a release date. That's not asking too much, IMO.

I'll probably end up grabbing a few of those goodies, I may grab the Limited Edition for Kiwami assuming it gets one. I have done so for the last few RGG games...

As the demo for RGG6 is supplied via a PSN code, any idea if its due in January or is the demo going to be available at a later date? Sega have been silent on the game for a few months now and it'd be strange getting a demo of the game before we see anything meaningful from it.

I'm being greedy and hoping for a demo like the last few games - nice large (ish) area to explore with a few mini games to try, a small story segment and enough combat to get a feel for any changes made.

Gacha-pin

To be honest, nothing I want to grab from the above. If I have to...maybe Amazon or Lawson's bones.

If I remember correctly, the demo is available on day1.

To be honest, nothing I want to grab from the above. If I have to...maybe Amazon or Lawson's bones.

If I remember correctly, the demo is available on day1.

Awesome, that's what I recalled as well but I was starting to doubt it being a day 1 demo as so little of 6 has been revealed so far.

Sgblues

New preview video showcasing Here all of the new and returning features including:

All the styles of Zero: Thug, Rush, Destroyer and Dragon of Dojima style.

The new Majima battles, Majima can now show up in new places and ambush you, including hostess clubs, plus he uses the styles he had in Zero
Haha Majima Hostess and pole dancing

The return of pocket circuit, cat fighting and all of the minigames, so I'm hoping Outrun, and Super Hang on come back as well.

Redone substories so you see all the characters from Y1 redone in new graphics.

New preview video showcasing Here all of the new and returning features including:

The new Majima battles, Majima can now show up in new places and ambush you, including hostess clubs, plus he uses the styles he had in Zero

The return of pocket circuit, cat fighting and all of the minigames, so I'm hoping Outrun, and Super Hang on come back as well.

That looks awesome, romancing Majima! Only issue I had is that Cat Fights exist and its an arcade? game now? And its still rock, paper, scissors. Boo urns indeed.

Kinda worried with the lack of Sega arcade games shown, since everything else seemed to be shown briefly. Even if they just put 0's arcade games back in I'll be happy (but really - 90's/early 00's Sega arcade games would be even better).

Otherwise it looks awesome. All the content of a modern Yakuza game, 0's battle system combined with the original story/characters. It continues to get me well hyped up!

I need this, really hope this and Zero comes over. This sounds fun.

Tizoc

Made a thread for the new Y1 video, hopefully it'll attract some PS4 GAFfers who come to appreciate the greatness of the Yakuza series.

Tizoc

...wait what now
tizocs you know something we don't fam

Does Tizoc know?!

Sorry to get your hopes up so ^^; PSNStores has this week's list of releases on US PSN but it doesn't show Yakuza 5. Some games released on PSN tend to be revealed maybe a day after or before Tuesday, hence what I meant.
Non the less I really want it to be released soon as much as you guys XO

Tizoc

So any subtitle ideas for Y5 OT?
I'm thinking 'We, the the few, the proud, THE KARAOKE KINGS & QUEENS'

Astarte

Sorry to get your hopes up so ^^; PSNStores has this week's list of releases on US PSN but it doesn't show Yakuza 5. Some games released on PSN tend to be revealed maybe a day after or before Tuesday, hence what I meant.
Non the less I really want it to be released soon as much as you guys XO

I just really want this to be revealed to come out this month so that it doesn't drown under the weight of december/next year's releases. It's still a first priority for me to play through but :[
|OT| No Shirts No Shoes No Problem
maybe All Problems

Tizoc

Yakuza arguments are so bizarre i feel
Actually anyone know about the following?
How much text is in the upcoming gundam game for the vita? That one has no officAl western release but asia ver has eng subtitles.

Tizoc

It occurs to me that if all Japanese games (at least) only needed eng. subs and text translated we'd end up with a lot of this
h80v0Vz.jpg

2552900-9183138184-85512.jpg

Top Bottom