• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

mu cephei

Yep that's it. For some reason they keep pushing the release date back :(

Ugh, right. My amazon order didn't get sent out and it's been put back 2 weeks or so, SO annoying as I've really been looking forward to it. (I'm trying to avoid visits to ebay right now as I don't know what might happen).

This is one of the best books Marvel is putting out. Everyone should be buying it.

There also needs to be more Hawkeye in Avengers 2.

A nice pickup at AX from tumblr artist Blue:
e1ff9008fc2e67e27f9587a17689f3d6_zpsd6006ce8.jpg

Postcard size prints.

Macam

Banned
Daredevil is fantastic, I'd absolutely recommend that.

When you guys say Daredevil, is this the Waid run?

I've finally dived back into comics a bit -- Hawkeye's great so far, and I've worked back to Iron Fist in part because of it -- but Marvel's horrendously prolific with their series, and it all gets pretty muddy to sort out what's what for someone who hasn't been in the scene for ages.

Acid08

Banned
I hope that rotation lasts a while, great tandem. Aja please stay.

Also, since this is kind of the Fraction OT too, read FF. It's brilliant and Allred is the fucking greatest.

I hope that rotation lasts a while, great tandem. Aja please stay.

Also, since this is kind of the Fraction OT too, read FF. It's brilliant and Allred is the fucking greatest.

Currently reading Vol. 1 of Fantastic Four/FF combo and so far it's good, but i heard it doesn't hold up later, there any truth to that?

Well I've heard F4 is actually pretty weak overall. I love FF though, absolutely no drop off.

Yeah i just don't get how or why they collected both in one volume? I guess i could get FF independently too, but don't they tie in to each other/cross over? If so how can they even exist separately?

Acid08

Banned
Yeah i just don't get how or why they collected both in one volume? I guess i could get FF independently too, but don't they tie in to each other/cross over? If so how can they even exist separately?
Fraction said they'll tie in together eventually but they are both still their own unique stories so reading one or the other isn't too bad. As far as them putting both in the same volume, I don't know man. I don't like that very much.

Fraction said they'll tie in together eventually but they are both still their own unique stories so reading one or the other isn't too bad. As far as them putting both in the same volume, I don't know man. I don't like that very much.

Well as far as i figured up till now, you can pretty much follow them in parallel, which is how they have been organized in that volume, you read one Fantastic Four issue, then next an FF one etc. Since there already IS a direct story tie from the get go, it works out i guess.. but yeah, so far FF is the more entertaining one hmm...

Quick

Banned
Can you please make iPod touch 4g and iPad 2 wallpapers for these. Thanks a lot for these.

Just use the iPhone 4 version (640x960) for the iPod Touch, and the iPad version (2048x2048) for the iPad 2. It should automatically resize itself accordingly when you set it as your wallpaper.

Just use the iPhone 4 version (640x960) for the iPod Touch, and the iPad version (2048x2048) for the iPad 2. It should automatically resize itself accordingly when you set it as your wallpaper.

Thanks a lot for that. I am a noob when it comes to resolutions and such.

Slizz

Bro. We moved to OT: Community. Bro...

EDIT: Now less and less people will realize the awesomeness of this comic.

Quick

Banned
Bro. We moved to OT: Community. Bro...

EDIT: Now less and less people will realize the awesomeness of this comic.

We should make a new thread in the OT for every new issue release, then lead them here for more Hawkguy discussions.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
New issue today! Just finished reading it. Great stuff. Love Francavilla's art (even if I do prefer Aja on this book). Nice to get a little backstory as I had no knowledge of Hawkeye whatsoever before Thor came out and Remner was cast as him in it.

Lovely issue again from Team Hawkeye and was great seeing a bit more backstory for the Barton Boys. Tiny Clint (wearing his tiny shorts it seems) being used as a punching bag for his drunk father (just as his mom was as well) is sadly unsurprising for the most part, but I loved the scenes with Barney teaching him how to fight.

I love how the colors have been used with the Francavilla issues - as if gives if a more "serial pulp magazine" feel.

Actually, I've always loved Hollingsworth's colors: Aja's art is both simple and complex, Pulido's art looks very 60's pop & Francavilla's art looks like pulp magazines from the 40's.

Can't wait for the next issues. (^ω^)

Top Bottom