• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

Tenck

You're gonna want the rest. Welcome.

Yeah my friend has been telling me how this is one of his favorites. I want to get them all, but I had an unexpected problem with my Air Conditioner on Saturday. Had to pay 375 to get it fixed, and I've been stuck with $20 for the rest of the week.

Once Friday comes though, I'm buying them all.

g0tm1lk

Aja's art is
godlike. The first issue is still my favourite but the whole run has been really great. Next # can't come soon enough.

Bro

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Read them all digital but bought all the issues as floppies last night from ebay. Fuck yeah.

Started The Immortal Iron Fist yesterday too and also enjoying that.
Really enjoying it so far!

jcutner

here it is!

uz0S0Dl.jpg

Read #11 this morning digitally - picking up floppy this evening after work.

I loved every damn thing about the issue - particularly the details that Pizza Dog has picked up on the Hawkeyes.

As for colors bleeding in the floppies, never had it on any of my issues and I bought nearly all on Day One.

junk

im sure every issue of this series is written well, but man I can't bring myself to purchase the issues w/o Aja on art. lol ...is that the same for anybody else?

Acid08

Banned
im sure every issue of this series is written well, but man I can't bring myself to purchase the issues w/o Aja on art. lol ...is that the same for anybody else?
I get it but you're a terrible person if you don't like Francavilla.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Francavilla is probably a better artist than Aja, but Aja's unique style is perfect for hawkguy. I think the problem here is Fraction with his inconsistency.

Fantastic issue, I'll need to reread it for anything I might have missed.

I imagine the next issue will be mostly the same stuff with dialogue.

Next issue is July 10th!!!

I'm lost.

Why did Kate leave. And take Pizza Dog with her.

Is the Clown staying in Clint's apartment?

I need to re-read this, cause I just skimmed it the first time (SHAME).

I'm lost.

Kate is roadtripping with Pizza Dog, but all will be explained soon (according to Fraction).

I don't think the Clown is staying - mostly was helped by the old lady (as we're the Tracksuits) but again, I would just wait until the rest of the story unfolds.

ElNarez

Banned
I'm lost.

Because lately Clint's been kind of a dick; because lately Clint's been kind of a dick AND Pizza Dog's previous owners -the Tracksuit Draculas, that was issue #1, remember?- have been hanging around meaning he's in all kinds of trouble; they're just hanging around the building and probably know a lot of the tenants since they used to own the place.

Best issue of the series and probably comics.

Shows how much better Kate is than dumb Clint that Best Dog On Earth rushes to her side with no coercion. One of the most moving issues of comics I ever read.

I'm sure we will get Clints viewpoint next issue.

Since it concludes The Clown arc, we'll probably learn why he's being such dick right now.

He's so... passive-aggressive in how he was acting during all of issue #11 versus how pro-active he was about things from issues 1-8 (though you could argue the fallout of his dickish-ness started with 8).

Hopefully the stuff with Barney helps kicking his ass back into gear.

rakhir

If anyone's interested - the tracksuit guys, the old lady and the clown were talking in Polish.

It translates, roughly, to:
"You idiot ~~'"
"dobra psina"="good doggy",
"psa"="dog"
"już dobrze"=it's alright now"

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Nice issue. I'm really looking forward to the annual now. 2x the Hawkeye in July.

detail.jpg

Slizz

This comic is just so good. A dog issue that manages to be incredible, the more you re-read the better it is.

Top Bottom