• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YO. HAWKGUY. BRO.

Macam

Banned
and if for whatever reason you still haven't read Immortal Iron Fist by the same creative team, you have severely fucked up and you need to rectify that immediately.

Actually reading this right now. I never cared for Iron Fist, but there's something simple and enjoyable about Fraction/Aja's work.

Really enjoyed the new issue, Francavilla has done some brilliant work here.
Something to put on the calenders :)
U6I1pKc.png

Slizz

Just finished and I burned through this issue so fast.... Damn lol. Gonna get really interesting in #13.

Glad there is an Annual coming out also this month, I'm salivating already.

EDIT: Think I'm actually going to go out and try and buy a physical of the annual, still waiting on the second TPB to come out.

So why is Barney the bad guy then?

Never even knew Clint had a brother before this series.

Not so much that Barney is the bad guy per se, but more like, whenever Barney's around, Clint's life usually gets that much worse.

And yes, as you saw in the flashbacks, the Barton boys had a crap childhood before they ran off to the Carson Carnival of Travelling Wonders (where Clint learned his skills from the Swordsman aka Jaques Duquesne - who was mentioned in #2 & Trick Shot). Barney does care for his little brother but yeah, stuff went down during the years they were at the circus. Now, they're kinda just tolerant of one another.

First, congrats to David Aja(and Chris Samnee for the equally awesome Daredevil) for tying for Best Penciller at the 2013 Eisners! For ya'll not in the know, that's basically the Oscars of comic books, the highest honor a comic can achieve. Well deserved to both artists!

Also, surf's up Katie-kate

BPkoNcHCEAELAXM.jpg:large

First, congrats to David Aja(and Chris Samnee for the equally awesome Daredevil) for tying for Best Penciller at the 2013 Eisners! For ya'll not in the know, that's basically the Oscars of comic books, the highest honor a comic can achieve. Well deserved to both artists!

Also, surf's up Katie-kate

BPkoNcHCEAELAXM.jpg:large

Fantastic cover!

Wow great cover. Good News, Bad News...

The Hawkeye Annual comes out next week!

and

Hawkeye will be taking a break for August and will return in September.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Macam

Banned
and if for whatever reason you still haven't read Immortal Iron Fist by the same creative team, you have severely fucked up and you need to rectify that immediately.

Finally got caught up on Hawkeye; good stuff so far, although I have to admit, I'm not the biggest fan of the recent interjection of sudden back stories. Pizza Dog issue was graaaand.

As far as Iron First goes, I'm up to #6 and I noticed Aja continues the run for a bit more through around #15 or so. Is the series worth continuing past that or is it mostly just the Fraction/Aja collaboration that makes the series so beloved? I get spoiled to Aja's pencils real fast (though Kano looks pretty solid).

Anyone have a super, super super, super high-res version of the cover for Hawkeye 7?

tumblr_mc7vg3ytw81qkn223o1_500.jpg

I'm gonna print this out life-size, and stencil it to my wall when I re-do the interior design in my room. One wall will be solid crimson, and I'd love to have this stenciled on there. It looks phenomenal in my head.

Quick

Banned
Anyone have a super, super super, super high-res version of the cover for Hawkeye 7?

tumblr_mc7vg3ytw81qkn223o1_500.jpg

I'm gonna print this out life-size, and stencil it to my wall when I re-do the interior design in my room. One wall will be solid crimson, and I'd love to have this stenciled on there. It looks phenomenal in my head.

1920x2951 is the biggest I can find.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just finished reading the Annual, wasn't sure how I'd feel as it was all Kate and no Aja, but it was great nonetheless. Really enjoyed it.

LuffyZoro

I got the second volume a couple of weeks ago, and noticed that issue 7 was before issue 6. Is it like that in all the copies, or do I have some kind of weird misprint?

Annual #1 was bought via comixology but I haven't read it yet - outside of a few pages.

Need to savor this since the upcoming break and all...

dewdrop

Banned
THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD. I'm doing trades on it, just about ever day I go to Amazon to double-check how soon Vol. 2 drops.

This title will be released on July 30, 2013.

Quick

Banned
Annual #1 was bought via comixology but I haven't read it yet - outside of a few pages.

Need to savor this since the upcoming break and all...

Got it downloaded, as well. Won't be reading it until later tonight, though.

THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD. I'm doing trades on it, just about ever day I go to Amazon to double-check how soon Vol. 2 drops.

This title will be released on July 30, 2013.

Soon.

I got the second volume a couple of weeks ago, and noticed that issue 7 was before issue 6. Is it like that in all the copies, or do I have some kind of weird misprint?

It's collected chronologically - 7 came out after 6 in print, but it was the special hurricane issue. With 6 taking place on Christmas, and 7 taking place in October, they put 7 in first.

calder

Took me two tries to really get into this book, but I'm fully on board now. I was a bit... meh after the first issue came out and didn't really think about it for a while, but mainly I think I was just underwhelmed after the sheer unbelievable excellence of the Iron Fist run (one of my all-time favourite comic books).

Ok, Pizza is My Business was a bit weak too, especially after the anticipation, but who cares really it means the run so far has merely been "excellent to pretty excellent".

Just finished the Annual.

Now it's more than a month till the next one?

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Great issue though. Oh Katie. You're really a human car wreck-in-training. Clint's taught you well. Madame Masque is a good foil for her. Half homicidal lunatic, half almost exasperated mother.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
What's the annual? Is it just all the issues so far in one?

I didn't really know what the annual was beforehand, but it turns out it's just another issue of the comic really. I guess it's just to celebrate the series running a year? I don't really get what makes it any different as it's definitely within the continuity of the comic. It was good, though.

Edit: I think it might be oversized?

Egnirys

I always thought annuals were spin off stories, or fun issues for the writer and artist, or sometimes a recap of the story arc.

Just ordered volume 2. Haven't been reading the individual issues, so the wait was egregious, but I'm going in spoiler-free. Excited! Volume 1 re-read while I wait.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This is for everyone that remembers the lady who "restored" the one painting...

0FD37163-B94E-4E44-B9DD-696220B6919C-1783-0000018707AB67AC_zpsb275ba6f.jpg

93F6C3C8-3382-4BCF-B49E-DA0D9FE57E6D-1783-000001870C54F522_zps2c524e16.jpg

4F4E3F72-70C1-44EE-B36B-8613C41A100E-1783-0000018710B9FC80_zps029fcab0.jpg
OMG, I nearly died from laughter. I was drinking some coffee and it went the wrong fucking way.

That disaster actually took place pretty close to my city. When I first saw its name at the BBC I thought NOTHING good could have come from that podunk town. Turns out I was wrong.

Top Bottom