• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi's touch and go pics

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I know this won't sound original, but seeing the game and hearing about how it is played, I'm afraid it will be too gimmicky as in building the game around an idea that may not hold up for a whole game. Or they'll just make the game very short and mini-game'ish. But we'll see...

And yeah, we need a proper sequel for Yoshi's Island. :D

Socreges

Banned
Kiriku said:
I know this won't sound original, but seeing the game and hearing about how it is played, I'm afraid it will be too gimmicky as in building the game around an idea that may not hold up for a whole game. Or they'll just make the game very short and mini-game'ish. But we'll see...
That's what I thought after hearing the explanation.

But.. the press loved it? Link? Or elaborate?

Memles

Socreges said:
But.. the press loved it? Link? Or elaborate?

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/yoshi/preview_6110023.html

To us, Yoshi's Touch & Go is a great example of the kind of games that could potentially make wary gamers understand the unique features of the Nintendo DS. Whether or not the concept will extend to an entire game--and, more importantly, whether or not consumers will embrace such a game--remains to be seen, but for now, we're very intrigued (and we'd like to play that demo a few more times, please).

GameSpot seemed to have the same reservations all do, in how it will turn into an entire game, but they love what's there.

SomeDude

Banned
Is the DS capable of making better 2d graphics than GBA? I figured they would of upped the amount of colors that could be displayed on screen. So far all the 2D DS games look like they could pass for GBA games.

SomeDude said:
Is the DS capable of making better 2d graphics than GBA? I figured they would of upped the amount of colors that could be displayed on screen. So far all the 2D DS games look like they could pass for GBA games.

'Goemon' looks sweet:

ganbare-goemon-20041013092203474.jpg

and 'Egg Monster Hero' looks good too:

egg-monster-hero-20041007105324165.jpg

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
Goemon looks awesome!!

great art style

Plus it doesn’t take it’s self to seriously

I hope this new game lives up to mystical ninja on the N64!

One of the most underrated games of all time!!

Do The Mario said:
Goemon looks awesome!!

great art style

Plus it doesn’t take it’s self to seriously

I hope this new game lives up to mystical ninja on the N64!

One of the most underrated games of all time!!

:)

I agree. Can't wait to find out more about it.

Edit: Plus I would kill for a new 2D 'side-scrolling' Mario game.

Brofist

The Yoshi game could stand to look better. I mean it looks like a fun game, but why the circa 1993 graphics? Goemon has a very nice look to it though.

Blackbird

GaimeGuy said:
But...but.... 2D = SNES.

yeah... let's get rid of Viewtiful Joe!
</sarcasm>

anyways, it's a techdemo from E3 which was extended a little because so many people asked for this game/demo to be released. Nintendo satisfies quite a few customers and gets a fair amount of dolla-dollahs. Seems fair to me :)

Syckx

I was talking to WayForward (The Shantea team) and they have some DS's since they are doing Ping Pals. The head guy says GBA games look awesome on the DS. So yes, GBA games look better on the DS.

Top Bottom