• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youkai Watch: General Thread

JimPanzer

You mean the fragments of coloured gashapon coins? If you mean those you can't assemble them to make a coin you just sell them for cash at the convinience stores.

whaaat? Damn, I was so hyped to finally get the ability to assemble these and get all dem youkai :(

I guess the various kokeshi dolls are there to sell as well?

Meffer

You mean the fragments of coloured gashapon coins? If you mean those you can't assemble them to make a coin you just sell them for cash at the convinience stores.
I'm honestly surprised you can't get whole coins from collected fragmented ones. Feels pointless to have them in there if you can't otherwise.

JimPanzer

ok some basic questions...my japanese level isn't quite there for some of this stuff:

1. What are those books doing which I can give to my Youkai?
2. The music guy is there to level up the abilities of my Youkai, right?
3. Where the heck is that Watch-Shop? I can't find it anymore, but I'm on a quest where I have to open one of those ranked doors and I feel like I have to pay the watch guy a visit.
4. Speaking of that, is there a map of all the areas online?
5. There's no english wiki, right? I can get through the story, but translate all items, skills etc. is really painful at the moment.

Anyway, I'm having a blast with the game. It's basically Pokemon x Fantasy Life on steroids, just perfect.

1) Most of them change nature. Natures do two things. The first is determine your Yo-Kai's AI. The second is that they are kind of like this game's equivalent of EVs. Every time a Yo-Kai gains exp, it gets hidden points into a stat(s) based on its nature. Generally 26-ish points at level 60 I think. A few other books just increase the level of one of your moves though.

2) Wait there's a music guy?

3) Go to the area with your house and then go to the area left of it. And then go down/up, depending on where you enter.

4) I think so but don't feel like looking things up. >_> But if you searched in Japanese you could probably find some maps since this is a super popular game.

5) Haven't heard of any, sorry.

Impotaku

The music guy might be the man in the community center that teaches your youkai new battle poses if you have dance stars to pay him with.

Tusk

I thought there was a Youkai that you can summon onto one of those Q signs that assemble coins for you when you've got a certain amount?

What does that one do in that cave? It's to the left of the cave where you put the 3 kelp Youkai.

Checked the net. Yeah, there's a puzzle sign in Nagisaki that apparently lets you trade coin fragments for whole coins.

ふくろじじい is the needed Yo-Kai. Gonna go check myself now and see if this info's legit.

EDIT: Yeah here:
map_x0.png

Can confirm it's legit. 8 fragments for 1 coin so don't sell them! The coin he'll trade you changes by day though.

JimPanzer

Checked the net. Yeah, there's a puzzle sign in Nagisaki that apparently lets you trade coin fragments for whole coins.

ふくろじじい is the needed Yo-Kai. Gonna go check myself now and see if this info's legit.

EDIT: Yeah here:
map_x0.png

Can confirm it's legit. 8 fragments for 1 coin so don't sell them! The coin he'll trade you changes by day though.

Ha! I knew it! Glad I kept them. Wouldn't have made sense to have all the different colors of coin for the fragments if they all sell for only 100 円. Furthermore there's something written in the item description about exchanging them, not selling like with the kokeshi dolls.

Thank Tusk, I would have never even bothered looking if it wasn't for him. I didn't even know that cave existed! Haha.

This game, man, this game... Both in terms of things like this and how the game stops kidding around post-game. >_>;

Tusk

No prob. :b The cave is pretty well hidden, not surprised some hadn't found it.

If anyone has Busters yet, can I get help with some legend summons? Or with some in 2?

I just learned that you can press X to speed up battles.

...Considering how much time I spent grinding for the final boss I am going to go cry in a corner now. My fault for not reading the instruction manual though, since it's probably in there.

EDIT: I plan on ordering Busters soon. Shipping will likely take a longass time though. I looked up some youtube videos and it looks really fun.

Tusk

The game is really really fun, but befriending some youkai can be a bit more of a chore than it is in the normal games. That or I've just been having bad luck.

I've been battling the S variation of Jibanyan, Koma-san, and Komajiro every day since I hit a level high enough to beat them, and same goes for Nyan Kishi. Still haven't been able to get their medals.

Sometimes the S ones are just super cheap and manage to kill my team off super easy even though we're higher levels.

Worst part about it is the game auto saves before fighting them so you're forced to doing it once a day, no farming all in one day until you get the medal

Then there's Momotaronyan. You can do the side quest as much as you want, but he has a low join rate, so I still don't have his medal yet either. And the mission can be a challenge so you may end up getting KO'd and miss a chance at getting the medal.

Worst part about that is
You can't over level for this mission because you're forced to play as Aka Oni who isn't too strong health wise and has a fixed level

Hmm, might just get Ganso or Honke instead, probably Ganso (though I'm a huge Kyuubi fan D:). NnnnNNNNnnnNngh

Also, Sports Club, why 6 Kyuubi? WHYYYYYYY? Level 5 you are a bunch of fucking trolls, barely won. lol

Ordered Ganso for $36, should be here on Tuesday. Could've gone cheaper but I wanted my somewhat quick shipping. Whenever I eventually get Honke it'll be digital though, I want the nurse kitty. I also really want the masked wrestling kitty but that's a really low priority right now. Don't really care about RobonyanF though so I'm getting Ganso physically to add to my collection.

I'll still get Busters eventually though. The one nice thing about YW3 not coming out for about a year is that I'll have more than enough time to go through everything before it comes out.

Tusk

I FINALLY got Momotaronyan after so much farming.

When you get the digital only youkai, think you could trade and then trade back so that I can have them in my dictionary?

Ganso should arrive tomorrow. Oh goody! I'll probably just do what I need to do to link it for now though. I do intend to play through Ganso soon-ish but not right now.

Also I got not one but two Aperikan today. Yeah that's a pretty accurate representation of Texas.

Tusk

Got you added. And cool, I haven't played 2 in a few days. Had finally gotten Aka Oni and then I forgot to save and turned my 3DS off, causing me to lose Aka Oni. Tried for so long to get him again that day then gave up to play Busters.

I REALLY wanna order a Youkai Watch U right now, and would have by now but the site I usually order from hasn't put up a box set for the second volume of B medals. Wanted to order them together.

So jealous of people who already have it.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
is anyone playing Busters...?

i'm paddling through the "post main game" anything after
Robonyan #28
and hit a couple of bosses that now seem to need me to get up into the 80s at least.

Team is 73/75/61/60 because I need to keep up wife and eldest kid.

Busters is great, really enjoying it.

Tusk

is anyone playing Busters...?

i'm paddling through the "post main game" anything after
Robonyan #28
and hit a couple of bosses that now seem to need me to get up into the 80s at least.

Team is 73/75/61/60 because I need to keep up wife and eldest kid.

Busters is great, really enjoying it.

I've been playing it for a while. My team is only at 52 right now though. I've been playing with random people online most of today farming for orbs so I can level up some more.

Meffer

Another Level5 game that's coming out this month on the 21st is Little Battlers eXperience. You likely saw me gushing about this series on Gaf, so you probably know a bit about it already. It'll be a great game to pass the time till Yokai Watch comes out.

Tusk

You have? How's the netcode?

It's pretty good as far as I can tell. Majority of my games have been good, others you will encounter some weird lag or just straight up get disconnected though. It's not often though.

Most people are at and past rank 10 now though, and you can only play with random people of the same rank until you get to rank 10

You can also send people friend requests and stuff. I've gotten tons whenever I play as Kijinyan or Momotaronyan.

It's pretty good as far as I can tell. Majority of my games have been good, others you'll encounter some weird lag or just straight up get disconnected though.

You can also send people friend requests and stuff. I've gotten tons whenever I play as Kijinyan or Momotaronyan.
Sounds excellent, thanks.

Friend requests eh? If this is for the 3DS's friend list then one benefit of this game being for my japanese 3ds is that i don't have to worry about my friend list being full like i do on my XL. lol

Tusk

Sounds excellent, thanks.

Friend requests eh? If this is for the 3DS's friend list then one benefit of this game being for my japanese 3ds is that i don't have to worry about my friend list being full like i do on my XL. lol

Yeah, they get added to your 3DS. It's pretty cool.

Also, the best way to get a lot of orbs is to play online. Because whatever you and them pick up gets added together.

So if you do the free roam areas and farm up about 10K orbs each, you'll get up to 40K. Doesn't even take that long to get 10K in the free roam areas.

Everything sounds pretty nice. I'll order it soon for sure then. By the time it arrives I'll be needing a new game to play during commutes. It'll also be a while before I'm ready for Honke after I get through Ganso. Playing through the same game twice in a row isn't how I work lol

Now, team dog or team cat...

Tusk

Everything sounds pretty nice. I'll order it soon for sure then. By the time it arrives I'll be needing a new game to play during commutes. It'll also be a while before I'm ready for Honke after I get through Ganso. Playing through the same game twice in a row isn't how I work lol

Now, team dog or team cat...

Should get Aka Neko Dan digitally so you can get Nyan Mahou and trade/trade back with my Nyan Kishi.

DCharlie

heh,

i have regular Kyuubi in my team and she's the lowest level i have (62)

Team is entirely S rank except for Babaan - because, hell, even as an A rank evolution of Bakuroba she's STILL the best healer in the damned game (to date)

as an aside, i streetpassed someone today with an entire 99 level team consisting of bosses :O and a rank of 36 :O

Tusk

heh,

i have regular Kyuubi in my team and she's the lowest level i have (62)

Team is entirely S rank except for Babaan - because, hell, even as an A rank evolution of Bakuroba she's STILL the best healer in the damned game (to date)

as an aside, i streetpassed someone today with an entire 99 level team consisting of bosses :O and a rank of 36 :O

Kyuubi is male. lol :b

I use that Mushroom looking nurse Youkai as my healer. Can't remember her name. I used her through a majority of my playthrough in 2 and she was helpful there so I wanted to use her in busters aswell. She's only B rank, so I may need to level up one of my S rank healers. Not sure yet.

I'm pretty much stuck right now, that boss Ayatori-Sama is extremely OP. I played with two 99's and a 78 and we couldn't even beat him. He just spams those attacks way too often. Guess I really need to get my main Youkai leveled.

I wish I could streetpass people with this game. I'd be lucky to even get a streetpass on my NA 3DS.

Meffer

I use that Mushroom looking nurse Youkai as my healer. Can't remember her name. I used her through a majority of my playthrough in 2 and she was helpful there so I wanted to use her in busters aswell. She's only B rank, so I may need to level up one of my S rank healers. Not sure yet.

I'm pretty much stuck right now, that boss Ayatori-Sama is extremely OP. I played with two 99's and a 78 and we couldn't even beat him. He just spams those attacks way too often. Guess I really need to get my main Youkai leveled.

I wish I could streetpass people with this game. I'd be lucky to even get a streetpass on my NA 3DS.
Ha! I used her as well, she can be the main healer all through the main story. She's too adorable, but sadly she's made of glass so make sure her evasion is high.

Tusk

Ha! I used her as well, she can be the main healer all through the main story. She's too adorable, but sadly she's made of glass so make sure her evasion is high.

Yeah, I always had to heal her with items while she healed everyone else. In Busters she can take a hit or two atleast, and the A.I is smart enough to somewhat stay away from the fighting.

Tusk

So there are two Bushinyan medals. Which of the two are rarer? I've seen people sell one version for like 100-200 bucks and the other version for much much less.

Bought the one where he's just standing plus a yamaton medal for $10 each, plus a bunch of other medals I've been wanting for a few cents. But they had the one where he was slashing his sword for about $170.

Was this one just easier to get for people?

Also, was thinking. How will they go about giving the legend medals out in the west? Just put them in packs they release like how people could get Shura Koma? Or maybe they'll have their own website to do campaigns with?

Meffer

So there are two Bushinyan medals. Which of the two are rarer? I've seen people sell one version for like 100-200 bucks and the other version for much much less.

Bought the one where he's just standing plus a yamaton medal for $10 each, plus a bunch of other medals I've been wanting for a few cents. But they had the one where he was slashing his sword for about $170.

Was this one just easier to get for people?

Also, was thinking. How will they go about giving the legend medals out in the west? Just put them in packs they release like how people could get Shura Koma? Or maybe they'll have their own website to do campaigns with?
Which one is in gold (yellowish) or was made first? That's likely why.

Impotaku

The one where he is slashing is the rarest, unlike nowdays where they put up 10,000+ medals for grabs on the medaland website the first bushinyan medal only had 5000 available so it's pretty rare. That's why it costs a lot more than other medals.

Meffer

The one where he is slashing is the rarest, unlike nowdays where they put up 10,000+ medals for grabs on the medaland website the first bushinyan medal only had 5000 available so it's pretty rare. That's why it costs a lot more than other medals.

I guess when the english medals come around it won't be as rare...

Tusk

Man, seeing all these people with legends online gets me so jelous. ;_; They're so lucky to have people to trade with.

I've seen a dude with 4 level 99 Bushinyan.

Legend medal QR codes should give you a special coin that gets you a guaranteed Youkai needed to summon that legend. They've already got special coins for all kinds of other things.

DCharlie

yeah, I was having a "moment" lol.

Up to 220 or so consecutive street pass battle victories :O - getting a ton of streetpasses each day

Any word yet on when the game and anime/toys are being launched in the U.S.? I was under the impression a "holiday 2015" launch was all we knew for the former and "early 2016" for the latter.

Is this still the case or has Nintendo wised up and realized how important is to have both products in the market at the same time and before Christmas?

As a guy with a marketing major I can't wait to witness Yokai Watch taking America by storm by something only seen by the likes of Pokemon. Only this time I'll be able to watch it from the sidelines as an adult.

Meffer

Any word yet on when the game and anime/toys are being launched in the U.S.? I was under the impression a "holiday 2015" launch was all we knew for the former and "early 2016" for the latter.

Is this still the case or has Nintendo wised up and realized how important is to have both products in the market at the same time and before Christmas?

As a guy with a marketing major I can't wait to witness Yokai Watch taking America by storm by something only seen by the likes of Pokemon. Only this time I'll be able to watch it from the sidelines as an adult.
It's hard to say, since the release for the game in America was jumped earlier to this year. I agree that the medals and watch have to be launched with or at least be close with the game since they can play a role with the game.
Also Nintendo is handling game, the toys is Hasbro's responsibility and since Disney is airing the show, that's up to them. And the manga is still coming this year by Viz Media.

Top Bottom