• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Youkai Watch: General Thread

ChrisDM

You mean through the red box fight? Guess I was lucky to get some other random fight out of it that was at least winnable.

Yep, playing 2. I might have to take you up on that trade offer, I'm still very early in the game so I'm not sure when all that stuff will come into play. :)

Yeah you're in for a treat. Not sure how the first games stack up to the second but there's just so many neat details throughout the world.

November cannot come soon enough now! I was thinking of importing a copy of one of the newer games, but I think I'm going to order me a copy of LBX to arrive on Friday. I hope it lives up to all the positive words I've heard about it!

DedValve

Banned
The Youkai Watch movie is finally subbed, if anyone has been waiting for that.

where at? Or is it only unofficial fansubs that can't be linked here?

I don't know anything about Yokai watch but it seems like an interesting rpg and hey, I'd be down to get to know the world before the game drops.

Tusk

Dang, I'm two Youkai away from summoning Ikemenken in Busters. Aniki is Shiro Inu Tai exclusive. Nettaballerina needs most of the boss Youkai to summon her in Busters so I'm 3 away from getting her. Bushinyan I need Robonyan, and two fruit nyan, one being Shiro Inu Tai exclusive.

where at? Or is it only unofficial fansubs that can't be linked here?

I don't know anything about Yokai watch but it seems like an interesting rpg and hey, I'd be down to get to know the world before the game drops.

You can watch it on gogoanime.

Just got done watching it, and damn was it good. Was so worth the wait.

Super hype for the second movie. Gonna be such a long wait for it though. ;_;

Impotaku

Anyone know what's the difference between re-print and first print of the medals?

The reprints made some of the non hologram medals into holo ones.

So far behind medal collecting now but after a hiatus i plan on picking up where i left off, i'm 6 main series behind but the last 2 haven't been released yet. A couple of boxes of each should hopefully get me most of them.

The hardest part will be all the odd promo & side medals as there are so many now that i have totally lost track of what came out with which promotion. I really should have kept up with this, luckily there's a book that got released that is an encyclopedia of medals it has colour pics of every single medal from what i can see. Planning on picking that up to help me track them all down.

Tusk

Man, been making a lot of progress in Busters. Finally got to summon Yamaton.

Did a 16 fight against Dondoro and 3 of his medals appeared on the reward screen. Thought one of the dudes were gonna let me have one and he'd have a top battle with the other player for the medal then at the last second of the countdown he goes over to me and I lose. ;_;

Sucks because I pretty much carried them through the mission.

I've also gotten Youkai Guts F.

Edit: Just was playing with some people and fought against Ao Oni. He was almost dead and stunned so we could attack him freely, a person playing as robomenken used their special which places this giant bomb and it blew up on us killing the entire team. But then it also killed Ao Oni. It played both the victory music and the failure music and kicked us to the reward screen. Showed us as all dead and we didn't get the orbs we collected in the mission but we got all the other rewards. :b

Was pretty funny. And it's nice to know that's what happens if you die right as you win instead of the game failing you.

Tusk

On the cover of the more recent corocoro there are some translucent white framed legend medals. Anyone know what those are about?

Impotaku

On the cover of the more recent corocoro there are some translucent white framed legend medals. Anyone know what those are about?

Yeah they are the upcoming new series which is based on songs, there will be clear music medals which are the holo medals of the set. When you have that medals SD card data in your watch it will most likely play a longer song than just when you regularly insert them. There's a black binder to go with this set, the only thing i don't know is the method of getting the SD card data weither you'll need a medaland account and weither the download links will appear only if you have registered the medal.

Tusk

Yeah they are the upcoming new series which is based on songs, there will be clear music medals which are the holo medals of the set. When you have that medals SD card data in your watch it will most likely play a longer song than just when you regularly insert them. There's a black binder to go with this set, the only thing i don't know is the method of getting the SD card data weither you'll need a medaland account and weither the download links will appear only if you have registered the medal.

Oh, yeah I know about that, I meant the legend Youkai specifically though. On the cover of that corocoro they have translucent white frames. But they don't seem to be in the new pack.

Was wondering how those were gonna go about being released.

Impotaku

The translucent white framed medals are the holo ones in the newest set. The ones you saw on the cover of corocoro say legend medal crystal version presents so i'm guessing they will be either a competition prize or you'll be able to send cash and the send away postcard inside the issue to get them.

There's also the weird silver coloured medals, they are medaland summer campaign medals and there's only 5000 sets up for grabs. They are releasing a selection of previous youkai with new silver frames, costs no points to enter but to qualify for the campaign you have to had registered the 2 merican medals in the prototype U watch package.

The ones i'm after are the usapyon kisekae medal campaign, there's 4 in the set 3 i should be able to get easily the 4th not so easy i'll have to go on yahoo auctions for that one i think. On those medals he comes in 4 forms, American football style, military style, marine style and driving style.
http://youkai-world.com/usapyon_campaign/

Tusk

The translucent white framed medals are the holo ones in the newest set. The ones you saw on the cover of corocoro say legend medal crystal version presents so i'm guessing they will be either a competition prize or you'll be able to send cash and the send away postcard inside the issue to get them.

There's also the weird silver coloured medals, they are medaland summer campaign medals and there's only 5000 sets up for grabs. They are releasing a selection of previous youkai with silver frames, costs no points to enter but to qualify for the campaign you have to had registered the 2 merican medals in the prototype U watch package.

The ones i'm after are the usapyon kisekae medal campaign, there's 4 in the set 3 i should be able to get easily the 4th not so easy i'll have to go on yahoo auctions for that one i think. On those medals he comes in 4 forms, American football style, military style, marine style and driving style.
http://youkai-world.com/usapyon_campaign/

Oh nice. I was wanting these Usa Pyon medals. I had pre-ordered those CDs knowing they come with medals, but I hadn't realized it was these.

How do you get the other two? I'll probably have to lurk around Rakuten in hopes someone will sell them for cheap I'm guessing. Same for the new legend medals.

Are there pictures of these silver medals anywhere?

Impotaku

Oh nice. I was wanting these Usa Pyon medals. I had pre-ordered those CDs knowing they come with medals, but I hadn't realized it was these.

How do you get the other two? I'll probably have to lurk around Rakuten in hopes someone will sell them for cheap I'm guessing. Same for the new legend medals.

Are there pictures of these silver medals anywhere?

The first 2 come in several ways, either from eyeful home & daihatsu. Or the easier way to get them is in the upcoming CDs. The 3rd one (marine style) is the one thats going to be hard, it mentions that it's Suntory thats giving this one away so i'm guessing it's going to be linked to some form of drink. The final one will be given away in corocoro comics but not sure how yet either inside an issue like kiwinyan was or it will be a send away medal using a postcard.

This is the link to the summer campaign page but they don't show the silver frame medals yet, just the ones that are going to get the new frame upgrade.
http://yw.b-boys.jp/member/spmedalcampaigns/

It's crazy now, there about 800 medals released, it's a lot to get hold of.

Impotaku

Picked some medals today from Amazon, can't afford to get them all at once so i had had to prioritize the ones that are most limited. Will pick up booster boxes, binders & a U watch next payday.

The kyuubi & Orochi medals from the medaland website these 2 were campaign medals.
21OUOW4FNCL.jpg
31qyYO361%2BL.jpg

Fujimi gozen hissatsu medal was only available from visiting one of the youkai town events and winning one from the carnival games there.
51wPkjVTCrL.jpg

USApyon marine type, won from entering the Suntory drink campaign, need 4 selected bottles per draw for a chance to win one.
51Eiwx8FItL.jpg

Hinoshin medal was only available from this summers world hobby fair
41MENKJI-gL.jpg

USApyon vader mode, obtained from preordering a ticket to the 2nd YW movie
71CX6JK1%2BlL._SL1312_.jpg

Also picked up Augusts issue of corocoro
61lfFjjCv%2BL._SX344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And the rather fantastic medal encyclopedia that also comes with a gyamandokuro buster medal.
61KLvyUoRXL._SX354_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Tusk

Picked some medals today from Amazon, can't afford to get them all at once so i had had to prioritize the ones that are most limited. Will pick up booster boxes, binders & a U watch next payday.

The kyuubi & Orochi medals from the medaland website these 2 were campaign medals.
21OUOW4FNCL.jpg
31qyYO361%2BL.jpg

Fujimi gozen hissatsu medal was only available from visiting one of the youkai town events and winning one from the carnival games there.
51wPkjVTCrL.jpg

USApyon marine type, won from entering the Suntory drink campaign, need 4 selected bottles per draw for a chance to win one.
51Eiwx8FItL.jpg

Hinoshin medal was only available from this summers world hobby fair
41MENKJI-gL.jpg

USApyon vader mode, obtained from preordering a ticket to the 2nd YW movie
71CX6JK1%2BlL._SL1312_.jpg

Also picked up Augusts issue of corocoro
61lfFjjCv%2BL._SX344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And the rather fantastic medal encyclopedia that also comes with a gyamandokuro buster medal.
61KLvyUoRXL._SX354_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The two Usa Pyon and that Orochi I want so bad, super jealous.

I'm currently waiting for this site I order the packs from to put up the next busters set. Hoping to get the full set through two boxes but hey. Aslong as I get Youkai Guts Ks B medal, I'll be pleased.

Impotaku

If you registered an account with Tenso as your middleman you'd be able to just buy them from Amazon Japan or the marketplace sellers. You'd have access to pretty much all of the medals apart from a few really rare ones.

Well worth the effort as you can get hold of merchandise that most importers won't bother to get in stock.

Tusk

If you registered an account with Tenso as your middleman you'd be able to just buy them from Amazon Japan or the marketplace sellers. You'd have access to pretty much all of the medals apart from a few really rare ones.

Well worth the effort as you can get hold of merchandise that most importers won't bother to get in stock.

I didn't know this, should probably give it a try.

Also, I just saw the Youkai Watch Just Dance box art, looks pretty cute.

Cool but also lame thing is, it comes with a song medal. It's a captain bully one.
Gonna have to get that, plan on collecting all the song medals.

Apparently there's gonna be some legend song medals, or maybe it's just this one featuring Bushinyan. So, collecting them all will be tough since it's a campaign medal.

Impotaku

I didn't know this, should probably give it a try.

Also, I just saw the Youkai Watch Just Dance box art, looks pretty cute.

Cool but also lame thing is, it comes with a song medal. It's a captain bully one.
Gonna have to get that, plan on collecting all the song medals.

Apparently there's gonna be some legend song medals, or maybe it's just this one featuring Bushinyan. So, collecting them all will be tough since it's a campaign medal.

The yotunes site is now expanded it finally explains how the SD data updates work for the song medals, they also list some new medals and where they will appear it seems the song medals will be scattered all over the place they have already unveiled that new legend medal too, looks like some will be gashapon medals again..

Put in a preorder for the just dance game as that burii taichou medal is unique to that game, love the new song medals the give you another fun thing to do with them.

The oct issue of corocoro has 2 medals that you can send away for if you fill in the postcard thats in the issue along with 300 yen.
hobby02.jpg

Apparently the last usapyon campaign medal (driving style) is coming in the issue that is released according to the wensite on the 28th of sept.

Tusk

The yotunes site is now expanded it finally explains how the SD data updates work for the song medals, they also list some new medals and where they will appear it seems the song medals will be scattered all over the place they have already unveiled that new legend medal too, looks like some will be gashapon medals again..

Put in a preorder for the just dance game as that burii taichou medal is unique to that game, love the new song medals the give you another fun thing to do with them.

The oct issue of corocoro has 2 medals that you can send away for if you fill in the postcard thats in the issue along with 300 yen.
hobby02.jpg

Apparently the last usapyon campaign medal (driving style) is coming in the issue that is released according to the wensite on the 28th of sept.

Aww you have to send away from the B Jibanyan and B Koma-San medals? Hope someone sells them for cheap. Glad I can easily get the driving Usapyon medal.

And it's pretty cool they updated the yotunes site haven't checked that in a while. You can see the Bushinyan song medal on there too, neat.

Edit: Looking at the product page, it looks like they'll be releasing a YW SD card for 1200 yen.

Impotaku

That's why i recommend you look into using Tenso with Amazon Japan as even corocoro send away medals like that eventually turn up on Amazon Japan via the marketplace sellers, you can get all the medaland website legendaries & campaign medals on there. Sure they are not cheap but they are at least available.

I think the only ones that are not available are some of the bandaid medal sets and the one that was given away at the level 5 event when they unveiled youkai watch 3. PRetty much every other medal is available on there. It's a really handy thing to have set up to get hold of YW merchandise.

JimPanzer

So I've taken a break with Shinnuchi, now that I'm back into it I can't find the guy to evolve my Youkai anymore. Wasn't he at some shrine?

Impotaku

So I've taken a break with Shinnuchi, now that I'm back into it I can't find the guy to evolve my Youkai anymore. Wasn't he at some shrine?

He's in the old part of town to the west of where your house is. The temple is to the west in the old part, it's easy to see on the map and there's a warp mirror that takes you straight there once you have unlocked it.

JimPanzer

He's in the old part of town to the west of where your house is. The temple is to the west in the old part, it's easy to see on the map and there's a warp mirror that takes you straight there once you have unlocked it.

got it! thanks! never bothered getting his warp point, that's why I was lost

Impotaku

All my medals turned up today, thats the harder ones ticked off the list now.

SAM_1388%20res.jpg

SAM_1391%20res.jpg

SAM_1392%20res.jpg

SAM_1393%20res.jpg

3 out of the 4 usapyon campaign medals just missing the one that will be released in next months corocoro, the hologram effect on the buster medals is pretty sweet.
SAM_1394%20res.jpg

Forgot to take a pic of the hinoshin medal.

Impotaku

Urgh dammit, just been reading through my issue of corocoro there seems to be a black oni medal that you can only get if you beat him in the puni puni smartphone game. Had a look on amazon and yahoo auctions there's nothing out there so far so i'm guessing they haven't sent out any medals to winners yet. Hoping that one makes it's way to at least yahoo auctions or amazon, sounds like it might be a tricky one to get hold of.

tiijj

Tricky and expensive. I love promo items but they are so hard to find and difficult to acquire (too damn expensive too).

Impotaku

The hell? today i was a little freaked out at lunchtme, i was about to do my usual routine of trying to befriend the various once a day battle ones and i checked my gashapon allocation to see it had shot upto 30. Annoyingly i didn't have 30 coins to use in it so i had to wait till i got home and scanned my way through a huge pile of medals to get some extra coins. Does anyone know the reason why this time gashapon had so many goes as usually i'm lucky to get maybe 7 goes in a day but usually it's only 3 or 4 per day.

Took a pic as i don't think i'll ever see that many again.
IMG_0820%20res.jpg

Been doing well in grabbing the missing ones from the once a day battles, managed to finally get all on the same day Yomi gensui & komajirou S, also obtained the item to evolve a platinakaku. And finally yami kuubi & onikui became friends. Now time to train them all up.
IMG_0822%20res.jpg

Still master nyada & jetnyan are been stubborn but i'm slowly getting them one at a time.

Finally payday arrived, put a huge order in to catch up on medals. Have 10 boxes coming, 2 of each series i'm missing i doubt it will get me complete sets but it will get me pretty close. Also all the binders & page insert sets that i'm missing along with a U watch both buster games & a guide to it. Can't wait for it all to turn up.

Impotaku

Seems the driving style usapyon medal wasn't in a normal issue of corocoro but in volume 8 of the manga. It's from corocoro hence the confusion.

51VRdX5mWkL.jpg

Starting to see the American ad campaign start for this franchise. Wonder how well it will do, mostly because its on Disney XD and their schedule for airing shows is... erratic at best. Why kids networks can't stick to a schedule I will never know. Really more interested in the game though at this point.

Meffer

Starting to see the American ad campaign start for this franchise. Wonder how well it will do, mostly because its on Disney XD and their schedule for airing shows is... erratic at best. Why kids networks can't stick to a schedule I will never know. Really more interested in the game though at this point.

They'll be showing a new episode everyday of the first week it starts airing then it'll be a new episode a week.

I'm determined to finish my import copy of the original, before the English release. Does anyone have any general tips to make this easier? I'm not too far into the game to be honest. I just haven't had much time outside of my studies.

Meffer

Wow, I didn't think they would stick with that intro. They did a pretty good job on it.
Yeah I have no idea where the word "Venoct" comes from.

If this is really the OP then it means that they made that song in the trailer from last summer just for that trailer. Now I'm suddenly wondering how large their marketing budget really is...

tiijj

They likely did that so kids wouldn't pronounce it as "You"-kai instead of how it's actually pronounced as "Yo"-kai.

You and Yo seems like the same pronunciation unless you get people to pronounce it as You as "yo͞o". Most people should pronounce you or yo as "yō" like toe or yo.

Now that I think about it there are probably people who will pronounce it as "You" but if it's one word it shouldn't happen, right?

hmm I guess you're sorta right LOL never mind then.

Impotaku

He does seem rather enthusiastic lol, from what i can gather you don't need the SD card all the time just for upgrading the firmware. I thought you would just copy the songs to the card and then the watch would play them but it seems it's not done like that.

Meffer

He does seem rather enthusiastic lol, from what i can gather you don't need the SD card all the time just for upgrading the firmware. I thought you would just copy the songs to the card and then the watch would play them but it seems it's not done like that.

Yeah, it's showing you the steps to update the watch like pressing the button at certain times to progress in the update.

Top Bottom