• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Shard said:
Thanks Young Justice, I now know that Gotham City is in Connecticut.

Its kinda where I always placed it instinctively... at least ever since Nightwing moved to NY for a while. Also Gotham is somewhere near Newark in my mind.

Penguin

That was an interesting episode, still not sure why Superman is so cold, and well I hope Superboy calms down a bit with his anger.

Being teenagers does make for interesting dynamic. And Robin's word play is weird, but enjoy that Superboy makes call backs to it.

ReiGun

Fun episode. I do hope Superboy starts to mellow, especially now that the rest of the League it trying to open up to him to make up for Superdick.

I guess they are planning some big event for Artemis's joining the team (mostly likely something to do with Red Arrow). Should be fun to see.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
ReiGun said:
Fun episode. I do hope Superboy starts to mellow, especially now that the rest of the League it trying to open up to him to make up for Superdick.

I guess they are planning some big event for Artemis's joining the team (mostly likely something to do with Red Arrow). Should be fun to see.

they call him red arrow? thats skipping a few steps. interesting...

Penguin

Busaiku said:
If Dick's trying to keep his identity a secret from the other members, I don't know why he'd admit his school.

I mean they know he lives in Gotham and they know his general age, how are they gonna find out about who he is?

yencid

Fimbulvetr said:
No, not yet.

He's still Speedy right now.
next episode he is going to be called red arrow o.o

"Infiltrator" February 11, 2011
Newcomer heroine Artemis must prove herself to the team by saving a scientific genius from the League of Shadows, a mission with which Red Arrow was originally charged.

Busaiku

Penguin said:
I mean they know he lives in Gotham and they know his general age, how are they gonna find out about who he is?
Every little bit would make it easier to find out who he is.

I can't believe they did a callback joke to Robin's "whelmed" from the PILOT and continue to have him questioning the opposite of certain words. :lol good stuff.

Another great ep.

Slayven said:
Don't see how that version of Amazo could have tied the league up for 4 hours.

Maybe it wasn't the whole league for the whole 4 hours. They got called in one by one until Amazo copy/pasted all of them.

i unno

Busaiku

It really shocked me when I found out that the Amazo in this and Under The Red Hood are a lot closer to the comics than the Amazo from Justice League.

yencid

You guys should definitely follow this blog

http://youngjustice.tumblr.com/

does a pretty good job at following it.

oh yeah:
FcDC4.jpg

picture from the school scene.

PBalfredo

I'm always quite impressed with the animation quality of this series.

Loved how Megan grew extra arms out of the sheer need to punch more monkeys faster. And it surprised even herself!

PLUS, not a single "Hello Megan". Best episode yet?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I can understand that it's gonna be "weird" for someone when he realizes that he gets cloned, but still, it's so "weird" on his characterization (or the lack thereof).

Rlan

PBalfredo said:
I'm always quite impressed with the animation quality of this series.

Loved how Megan grew extra arms out of the sheer need to punch more monkeys faster. And it surprised even herself!

PLUS, not a single "Hello Megan". Best episode yet?

She grew one out of her head. Must have been super hard to animate.

Hellion

bernardobri said:
Just finished watching episode 4...

1.- Nolan North is awesome and everything, but besides Superboy, is he voicing all the extras? Seriously...
2.- I like Aqualad's development. Making him the "leader" it's a great turning point from the main stream character leadership that previous DC stuff has made so far.
3.- The spanish dialogue in the episode 4 is atrocious. Did they use Google translation for those lines?
4.- If Miss Martian is saying that catchphrase for the rest of the season, my only hope is that she's one of the characters that will die or I swear I will punch a dolphin in the mouth...

Besides that, so far, so good. Jesse McCarthy is growning up a little for me as Robin, and the rest of the cast is splendid as well...
QFT

FUCK YOU MAN, I AIN'T NO DAD, BUT I AIN'T LEAVIN WITHOUT MY PIE!!

That made me laugh.

Anyway, I'm continually impressed at the quality of this show. Angsty as he is (& I am forgiving of some fictional teenage angst because that's all part of the teen dynamic), I did sympathize with Superboy during the bridge scene. About Clark's Superdickery; you know you're being a dick when King Dick Batman calls you out about being a dick.

Starting to really dig on the little touches in this show. This episode, I loved the apple pie/devil's food cake bit, Clark's fedora & the classic Amazo design. The creative team is getting a lot of mileage out of the canon, & it's working out really well.

Penguin

Anslon said:
Did Super Boy buy the shirt or was it made for him? Either way it screams "Love me Daddy".

I believe that it was explained in Young Justice 0, which shows Superboy and Kid Flash going shopping.

Guys just wanted to say I caught up on everything. I think the last episode was my favorite by far. Seeing Supes be that reluctant daddy figure was hilarious. SB being angry and Robin being a smart mouth makes those two my favorites. Whoo

Asbel

Charlatanized said:
That made me laugh.

Anyway, I'm continually impressed at the quality of this show. Angsty as he is (& I am forgiving of some fictional teenage angst because that's all part of the teen dynamic), I did sympathize with Superboy during the bridge scene. About Clark's Superdickery; you know you're being a dick when King Dick Batman calls you out about being a dick.

Starting to really dig on the little touches in this show. This episode, I loved the apple pie/devil's food cake bit, Clark's fedora & the classic Amazo design. The creative team is getting a lot of mileage out of the canon, & it's working out really well.
how would king dick bruce feel about being cloned?

Ezduo

Banned
Asbel said:
how would king dick bruce feel about being cloned?
Well, there's that episode of Justice League Unlimited where he finds out Terry is a clone. Seemed to take it pretty well, made him soup and everything.

Asbel

Ezduo said:
Well, there's that episode of Justice League Unlimited where he finds out Terry is a clone. Seemed to take it pretty well, made him soup and everything.
I thought bruce planned that clone?

Ezduo

Banned
Asbel said:
I thought bruce planned that clone?
No, he had no knowledge of it. That was all the doing of Cadmus. They took a bloody bandage or something from a fight Batman was in and used it to make a serum that they then injected into Terry's Dad.

Top Bottom