• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Slayven said:
Unless Johns have wanked up Barry some more, Wally is faster and has more speed tricks then Barry.

That's why I said might. I wasn't sure. He doesn't have the same control that Barry does right? Because Barry can move through objects and not have them blow up.

Slayven

CaptYamato said:
That's why I said might. I wasn't sure. He doesn't have the same control that Barry does right? Because Barry can move through objects and not have them blow up.
Wally hasn't blow up stuff accidentally in years.

Parallax said:
he doesnt do instantaneous movement like flash does in justice league, and they find a way to trip him in every episode, so im waiting for an episode to showcase his skills.

do they have an approximation on how long wally has been kid flash?
I imagine not too long because he looks to be about the same age he was in the comics when he got the powers in the comics.

X-Frame

Okay, so for a comic newb like myself - I know there's been several Flashes throughout the years .. which one is Kid Flash now in this TV show?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
X-Frame said:
Okay, so for a comic newb like myself - I know there's been several Flashes throughout the years .. which one is Kid Flash now in this TV show?

wally west. the third flash behing jay garrick and barry allen

Dram

I'm guessing the double agent is Aqualad
especially since his dad is Black Manta
. Artemis is too obvious.

Parallax

CaptYamato said:
I don't see why it would be Aqualad. So it probably is him.

that black manta thing makes too much sense. so its either megan, or artemis

It might just be Superboy. Even he doesn't know it. lol

Or they did something to the three when they were knocked out in the first episode.

Parallax

CaptYamato said:
It might just be Superboy. Even he doesn't know it. lol

Or they did something to the three when they were knocked out in the first episode.

ill say this though. whoever it is, i hope theres no bs cop out like terra in teen titans. its one of the reasons the titans kinda lost depth with me.

Jayge

I spend 5 episodes waiting for Artemis to appear only to find out she's a douchebag? Dammit. And her hair pisses me off. Who the hell has a ponytail like that. It's ridiculous.

Parallax

CaptYamato said:
Never watched Teen.

terra started off all nice but confused because she didnt have control over her abiilties. the titans (minus raven) wanted to help her, but she saw that as distrust and ran right into the arms of deathstroke. she shows up a bit later with a far greater control over her powers and the titans (including raven) accept her as one of their own, with her own room and everything. the night shes introduced to her room, beast boy makes a move and invites her out for a night on the town. which she begrudgingly accepts. she takes him far away from the tower, because she gave deathstroke the defense schematics and deathstroke planned an invasion for that night. the titans fight them off and figure out what happened while terra and beast boy are met by deathstroke himself. deathstroke fills beast boy in on all the shit that she did, and constantly calls her a traitor, and well as claiming her as his, which really pisses him off. beast boy then proceeds to kick deathstrokes ass all over a damn amusement park, before stopping and guilting terra and walking away. sometime later, terra returns in a plug suit and proceeds to beat the shit out of the titans one by one and take over the town. they come back in true comic fashion and team up to smoke her, while she begs beast boy to talk to her. hes not hearing any of it and she loses control. deathstroke then takes over via her plug suit, and starts to kick their asses again. at this point, her powers fuck up and she gets caught in a magma flow, and somehow saves them, and they honor her with her calcified corpse.

yeah, it was all fucked up, then they revived her, and that was a whole other bag of worms.......

Asbel said:
why megan?

the cute ditzy act, combined with the fact that shes a white martian who kinda have a major issue with being assholes. it seems like a trap.

I thought about the "Red Tornado or someone" line, but my first thought is honestly Artemis. Except Batman and Green Arrow are in on it and playing it straight, covertly using her as a re-doubled agent. She has to establish herself in a way the League of Shadows will believe, which means Cheshire could have ruined it not just for the Shadows, but the Justice League in turn.

Of course, this ultimately results in the group becoming angry at the Justice League again, being conned into falling for the deception instead of being let in on the charade, because the Justice League thought it needed to be as legitimate as possible.

Puddles

Banned
The whole JLA thing makes no sense. It seems ludicrous that Batman would exist in the same world as these godlike beings and be on the same team fighting the same enemies as them. Obviously with prep-time he could kill any of them, but it just seems like he'd be useless in most battles. Also, Flash is completely redundant if Superman is his equal in speed.

Similar dynamic here: wtf is the point of Robin when you have Superboy on the team?

The only superhero team that's ever really clicked with me is X-Men, not just because they were more diverse, but because the universe seems more coherent and not forced like that of JLA or The Avengers.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Puddles said:
The whole JLA thing makes no sense. It seems ludicrous that Batman would exist in the same world as these godlike beings and be on the same team fighting the same enemies as them. Obviously with prep-time he could kill any of them, but it just seems like he'd be useless in most battles. Also, Flash is completely redundant if Superman is his equal in speed.

Similar dynamic here: wtf is the point of Robin when you have Superboy on the team?

The only superhero team that's ever really clicked with me is X-Men, not just because they were more diverse, but because the universe seems more coherent and not forced like that of JLA or The Avengers.

Super Boy is still raw. He can't even get a proper mentor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_D7pMxIXTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ag9TLocFF4

Jerk

Banned
Asbel said:
speaking of every episode, can robin stop making up stupid new words? so bad.

What? That is the best part about him.

Willy105 said:
I liked the episode. The arrow girl seems to be hiding something.

Probably that she was an assassin. I would not be surprised if that causes a rift after the rest of the team finds out. Especially if they find out while they encounter info leaks.

Busaiku said:
Still thinking it'll be Aqualad that bites it.
Robin's supposed to take over after him, and this time showed him becoming helpless quite a bit.

This universe's Robin is poorly equipped to lead a team and is a dash too young. If there is a timeskip, maybe.

And AL seems to actually be pretty damn capable both as a leader and a team member (not to mention SB is their only other hard-hitter). The problem is that he was matched against a villain that seemed capable of easily taking just about any member YJ.

ZoddGutts

No way Artemis is the mole. She was likely send by Green Arrow to find out who the real mole is on the team. Though she herself had a shady past knowing who Cheshire (the green costume mask ninja girl) is.

The mole must be ... SB! >:O

That would explain why he grinned when super hearing Bain's convo but did fuck all about it. He could still, on some level, be working for the light.

Didn't they say something about it being OK to let him befriend the group for now?

RagnarokX

Puddles said:

Batman is about as strong as a normal human can be, is extremely intelligent, and has the money to fund the JL and build lots of contraptions that even the odds for him. He's not stupid enough to engage a superpowered villain without a plan, the others members are for first strike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unl8l8VdONw

Jerk

Banned
Puddles said:

A couple of things.

Superman is most emphatically not on the same level speed-wise as flash. It may be that Flash is uniquely faster, or that Superman is juggling to many abilities to master them all. Either way, Flash is superior to him in this regard.

EX: Flash can run through solid objects, and can think and react faster than Superman.

As for Batman and Robin, they serve a unique purpose: Brains and resources (and leadership in Nightwing's case).

It is not by mistake that Batman is described as being a 'general.' He is extremely intelligent, capable and resourceful. While it is true that he is ostensibly useless against many enemies, he always finds a way to make himself useful.

Besides, sometimes the league needs to work on a lower key and the likes of Batman, Green Arrow, etc. are more suited to these tasks.

Asbel

Puddles said:

I always found the X universe forced the racism issue so they can produce more angst. Having people idol superheroes but fear mutants in the same world makes no sense. But it's the emo heroes (spiderman, x men, batman, hulk) that are always the most popular.

I could have done with out the teen drama in last nights episode, but it's playing to a demographic so I understand. The rest of the episode was fairly strong. I had to take care of my son so I must have missed the part about a mole. My guess would be the Martian, because she talks fondly about her family. White Martians are evil so fond memories of evil people is a tell tale sign of not being able to tell the difference between evil and good, as far as the comic book world goes.

Good episode, the teen stuff felt a bit off but everything else feel into place. So any thoughts on whom Artemis is exactly? Looked up the assassin after the episode...wow. I place my mole bet on Red Arrow as well.

Parallax

Anslon said:
I could have done with out the teen drama in last nights episode, but it's playing to a demographic so I understand. The rest of the episode was fairly strong. I had to take care of my son so I must have missed the part about a mole. My guess would be the Martian, because she talks fondly about her family. White Martians are evil so fond memories of evil people is a tell tale sign of not being able to tell the difference between evil and good, as far as the comic book world goes.
Someone else sees where I'm coming from

Slayven

I doubt they will bring up the whole white/green issue with martians, at least not in the first season. If that Amazo could fight the league to standstill for four hours, the Hyperclan would destroy them.

Parallax

Slayven said:
I doubt they will bring up the whole white/green issue with martians, at least not in the first season. If that Amazo could fight the league to standstill for four hours, the Hyperclan would destroy them.
That would be a perfect end for a return of the jedi like ending

or they could just bring in son of vulcan. He would be one hell of a help.

It's probably Superboy. It makes too much sense to have Superman's finally accept him be the reason he becomes fully good, or whatever, even if he is a sleeper agent for now. They'll find common ground in loving pie.

Parallax

bloodforge said:
This is an alternate continuity, Miss Martian might not even be a white Martian here.
Other than dick being in tims costume, and the overall lineup, the characters are true to their counterparts. That's one hell of a thing to change about a character

Jayge

Willy105 said:
It's a cartoon. They can do it here without it looking weird. I thought it was a great ponytail.
Yes, thank you, I'm quite familiar with cartoons. I just happen to think that the character design is crap, with that being the focal point.

With regards to the mole, it really should be Superboy. As stated earlier, some signs have been seen of a not very kosher attitude.

Honestly, i think its going to be one of the team just reporting back to someone who they think is on their side but is however working for The Light ...

Puddles said:

Flash can run fast enough that
time and space warp around him, and he gets a free pass into heaven. No jokes. :p

Puddles said:

Lets see Superboy hack a computer and disappear into the night.

yencid

actually on who might die, someone on tumblr made a good point:

Dear Creators of Young Justice,
Could you please stop putting Wally [and Wally alone] in dangerous situations every episode? It’s kind of beginning to scare me a bit. Especially since you’ve let us know that someone will die…
Here’s a brief list of things that have happened to KF:
1x01 Independence Day: He nearly fell down a building after running up it, vertically.
1x02 Fireworks: He ran headfirst into a thick metal wall.
1x03 Welcome to Happy Harbour: He was thrown by Mr. Twister towards the face of a factory.
1x04 Drop Zone: He ran down a slope, lost control and fell into the crossfires of two rival [and evil] militias armed to the teeth.
1x05 Schooled: The Amazo robot tried to crush his ribcage with Superman’s strength.
1x06 Infiltrator: He ran into some beads [?] on the ground, fell down, got knocked out and left to drown in a swimming pool.
I’m scared for Wally, honestly. :( So please stop phunking with my heart. >.>
Love,
Moony.

Jerk 2.0 said:
It is not by mistake that Batman is described as being a 'general.' He is extremely intelligent, capable and resourceful. While it is true that he is ostensibly useless against many enemies, he always finds a way to make himself useful.

I think this was one of the things that bugged me so much about Crisis on Two Earths. Batman only does one clever, vaguely prepared thing the whole way through (knockout gas on Superwoman, who otherwise wipes the floor with him). He's completely out of character otherwise, jumping into situations without thought, being the first to raise his fists in a charge against Owlman, even taking a moment to boast mindlessly, which of course backfires on him immediately. He's otherwise ineffectual, injured repeatedly, unable to adequately keep up with the other Leaguers, and doesn't even technically win the final face-off so much as Owlman just gives up. It's probably the worst example of someone thinking "Batman's a wacky mascot the Justice League keeps around for their amusement" in the entire DCAU.

brickface

Kulock said:
I think this was one of the things that bugged me so much about Crisis on Two Earths. Batman only does one clever, vaguely prepared thing the whole way through (knockout gas on Superwoman, who otherwise wipes the floor with him). He's completely out of character otherwise, jumping into situations without thought, being the first to raise his fists in a charge against Owlman, even taking a moment to boast mindlessly, which of course backfires on him immediately. He's otherwise ineffectual, injured repeatedly, unable to adequately keep up with the other Leaguers, and doesn't even technically win the final face-off so much as Owlman just gives up. It's probably the worst example of someone thinking "Batman's a wacky mascot the Justice League keeps around for their amusement" in the entire DCAU.

Err, he makes evil flash kill himself. The guy's amazing!

Shapingo

When the LIGHT lost Superboy in the first episode they said it would be beneficial for them that the Superboy weapon be close to the league. I wish Wondergirl (Cassie) was on the show.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
bloodforge said:
Yeah, I think Superboy is the mole but he may be unaware of it.

I hope Wondergirl makes an appearance eventually.

I'm actually surprised at the lack of a Themiscyrian character.

Top Bottom