• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

WillyFive

Fimbulvetr said:
He seems to be the most level headed and mature, so I'd say yeah.

That just makes him the smart guy, not the leader.

The girl seems to be more of a leader. Robin, Kid Flash, and Superboy seem to be pretty equal in their influence to the group, but Megan is more commanding. At least she was in this episode.

Penguin

Willy105 said:

The girl seems to be more of a leader. Robin, Kid Flash, and Superboy seem to be pretty equal in their influence to the group, but Megan is more commanding. At least she was in this episode.

Coming out of that ep, I agree with you, Miss M seems like she could be team Leader in a similar vein to Manhunter on JLA.

I do believe Aqualad will eventually get the leadership role since he is the most level headed and mature of the group.

ZoddGutts

Wonder when Wonder Girl will show up and become the real leader. Wasn't she not included in the series because of legal issues, remember hearing that it was clear up but by then they had already finished animating some of the early episodes. She may show up towards the end of the season or 2nd season becoming one of the cast. Also she plays an important role with Superboy's character in the comics so that's another reason to add her in the series.

2w6tc49.png

ZoddGutts

Slayven said:
Nah it seems like MM and Superboy are the official couple. The team does need a blaster though.

Really? That hasn't been even been hinted at all, both Robin and Kid Flash seem interested though.

Anyways it was mentioned in the interviews that they'll will be a total of 8 characters in the Young Justice team and been hinted one of them might die. We know the first 6 but not the other 2 new recruits.

Amazing Robin. Since this is a new universe, it makes perfect sense to combine all the best features of the Robins.

The fight animation in this show is sooo gud. <3

Slayven

ZoddGutts said:
Really? That hasn't been even been hinted at all, both Robin and Kid Flash seem interested though.

Anyways it was mentioned in the interviews that they'll will be a total of 8 characters in the Young Justice team and been hinted one of them might die. We know the first 6 but not the other 2 new recruits.
She seemed more concerned about what he thinks more then any other team mates. Plus it would be fun to see two aliens learning about earth, once SB gets over his Superman fixation.

ZoddGutts

Slayven said:
She seemed more concerned about what he thinks more then any other team mates. Plus it would be fun to see two aliens learning about earth, once SB gets over his Superman fixation.

Well obviously since it pissed him off and made him go all angsty, unlike the other members which let it go as a simple mistake.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I just find it hilarious that in this universe, Wally and Batman has a huge gap, compared to the DCAU.

Superboy is kind of a joyless prick in this show, eh? The team obviously has its work cut out for it, their gameplan through 90% of the episode was to rush the guy with hurricane powers head-on, only Robin tried any kind of projectile.

yencid

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Superboy is kind of a joyless prick in this show, eh? The team obviously has its work cut out for it, their gameplan through 90% of the episode was to rush the guy with hurricane powers head-on, only Robin tried any kind of projectile.
Its obviously to show that the team is not yet a team and they are inexperienced in planning.

making some gifs of that episode :3

yencid said:
Its obviously to show that the team is not yet a team and they are inexperienced in planning.

making some gifs of that episode :3

That and Superboy was grown in a chamber and has zero life experience. That could make one a bit unadjusted.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
He was the only one with the option :p

KF/ SB/ AL don't have bombs or w/e.

As for pairings I don't think anything is set in stone. I remember the people behind this going on and on about how they will be realistic teens and you can see that in the fact that all the guys outside of AL (SB doesn't count as he is just joyless) are ok with hitting on MM in front of one another.

And much like real teens I think they will bounce around pairing wise instead of doing the manga thing and acting like they kinds maybe like each other until the end when they make it "official".

Willy105 said:

Robin is the smart guy. :|

Also both her and Robin have given orders so far, because they were the only ones with any sort of plan.

yencid

Robin is the smart guy and hes the one that goes in head first without waiting for his team mates o.o

EDIT: The major ass wooping of this episode

2z8vres.gif

they beasted.

WillyFive

Robin is impatient and impulsive. He thinks he knows, and does it, even if it might be wrong.

Megan at least thinks about it.

Let's play a drinking game.

You take a shot each time Meagan says "Duh, Meagan."

And

You take a shot each time Connor broods and leaves the screen.

yencid

spindashing said:
Let's play a drinking game.

You take a shot each time Meagan says "Duh, Meagan."

And

You take a shot each time Connor broods and leaves the screen.
lets. Im hoping meagan uses that phrase less and less.

OH FUCK YES todays episode is bane isnt it?

Willy105 said:
Robin is impatient and impulsive. He thinks he knows, and does it, even if it might be wrong.

Megan at least thinks about it.

Robin's double batarang trick would have worked if the delayed timer hadn't taken so long. :p

Black-Wind said:
Man, KF is just useless. :/
ChocolateCupcakes said:
Lol, I dont want to call him useless. But sadly in every ep he's tripped once. Maybe the writers aren't Flash fans?
I think i should take that back, he works well when he is working with the team. Alone he is just trash :/

Guess who was right about the team leader? /smugface

I can tolerate "Hello Megan" as long as she doesn't say it with the same frequency as last episode.

At least she did not say, "Duh, Megan."

Okay episode. I like that Superboy is warming up to the group more with each episode. Whoever called Megan x Superboy was right on the money, too.

Slayven

spindashing said:
At least she did not say, "Duh, Megan."

Okay episode. I like that Superboy is warming up to the group more with each episode. Whoever called Megan x Superboy was right on the money, too.
Me! I am sure the fanfic writers will pick up the slack and have with all possible combos. Hell that moment between Aqualad and Robin by itself will fuel a 100 fics.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
so bane, sportsmaster, kobra, and a dude that looks like blockbuster? thats a lot of villains.

and when is arrowette stated to show up?

G-Fex

Man this show is awesome, tonight's ep was my first.

Miss martian's all over superboy o_O

Oh man were those guys at the end the Legion of Doom?!??!

Also, the Kobra cult reminds me of the Inglip cult.

Jerk

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
Guess who was right about the team leader? /smugface

I can tolerate "Hello Megan" as long as she doesn't say it with the same frequency as last episode.

You would have to be be blind, deaf, dumb and stupid to not have guessed that from the onset.

Even if he were not the most emotionally mature member of the team, he wins simply by being competent and consistent (and the only sidekick superior to his mentor).

Penguin

Jerk 2.0 said:
You would have to be be blind, deaf, dumb and stupid to not have guessed that from the onset.

Even if he were not the most emotionally mature member of the team, he wins simply by being competent and consistent (and the only sidekick superior to his mentor).

And I swore they announced this at Comic Con?

Top Bottom