• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Wait people actually didnt guess the Superboy and Martian thing?

I could tell from the first time she laid eyes on him. When she transformed into the same shirt he was wearing and stuff.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Jerk 2.0 said:
Even if he were not the most emotionally mature member of the team, he wins simply by being competent and consistent (and the only sidekick superior to his mentor).

while it is possible that this is true, what if the aquaman of the yj-verse is an adaptation of the batb aquaman?

Ridiculously amazing show that obviously is not afraid to actually use the DC Universe.

This has the potential to meet or exceed JLU. o_O

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
krypt0nian said:
Ridiculously amazing show that obviously is not afraid to actually use the DC Universe.

JL, maybe. JLU? No way, IMO.

G-Fex

It's hard to say JLU level but man this show is good quality. I'm so proud DC is always promised on it's animation.

Sportsmaster design was pretty awesome! Nice ep. I don't know who all the villains are though. I only recognized Bane and Sportsmaster -- both of whom were in the the other dcau series.

Birbo

krypt0nian said:

And now I have to watch this.

Penguin

Finally got to watch all of yesterday's episode, and it was another fun ride. I like how rough the team is at working together, and its kind of fun seeing them make their own little mistakes, and even though they have a clear leader, I still expect for them to have their rough patches.

I liked Bane in this episode though he got tossed around too easily, too often.

Aqualad's power set is awesome so why is he Aquaman's sidekick?

X-Frame

Just started watching this yesterday, seems fun. Wish this was around when I was a kid.

Also on an off-topic side note, has anyone seen Transformers: Prime? Is it worth catching up or no?

bernardobri

Just finished watching episode 4...

1.- Nolan North is awesome and everything, but besides Superboy, is he voicing all the extras? Seriously...
2.- I like Aqualad's development. Making him the "leader" it's a great turning point from the main stream character leadership that previous DC stuff has made so far.
3.- The spanish dialogue in the episode 4 is atrocious. Did they use Google translation for those lines?
4.- If Miss Martian is saying that catchphrase for the rest of the season, my only hope is that she's one of the characters that will die or I swear I will punch a dolphin in the mouth...

Besides that, so far, so good. Jesse McCarthy is growning up a little for me as Robin, and the rest of the cast is splendid as well...

bernardobri said:
4.- If Miss Martian is saying that catchphrase for the rest of the season, my only hope is that she's one of the characters that will die or I swear I will punch a dolphin in the mouth...

She's still better than most of the teen titans tv cast.

As a DC fan, I am really enjoying this show. So far it hasn't nailed the emotional gravitas that Justice League & Unlimited sometimes had (but to be fair, those series had a leg up--some viewers were already attached to the characters as pop culture icons). Unlimited paved the way for really utilizing the DC universe; it left the door wide open & this show is walking right in. Doing a damn fine job so far.

Catchphrase aside, I'm finding Megan the most sympathetic character. Everybody has their moments, but I hope we've seen the worst of Superboy's angsty side.

So who do we think is part of "the Light?" Doctor Light seems obvious. It looked like a bald head taking charge during the first episode--could have been Luthor or Doctor Light's helmet. I thought I saw the outline of Star Sapphire's mask in this episode & I'm guessing the silhouette talking about "twice is coincidence" was Two Face. Any guesses? Or am I missing something really obvious?

yencid

Charlatanized said:
I hope we've seen the worst of Superboy's angsty side.

Friday, Feb. 4: “Schooled” —
Superboy’s anger over his non-relationship with Superman is getting out of control. He refuses to train with Black Canary, and when The Team faces an opponent that even the Justice League had trouble defeating, the Boy of Steel goes rogue.​

looks like next episode is for you

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
bernardobri said:

i think(at least to me anyway) its pretty obvious whos gonna die, especially with the way the episodes are being layed out

it has to be roy, there would be no other reason for artemis "arrowette two" to exist on the team otherwise, other than being the young archer that wanted to play super team

bernardobri

Parallax said:
i think(at least to me anyway) its pretty obvious whos gonna die, especially with the way the episodes are being layed out

it has to be roy, there would be no other reason for artemis "arrowette two" to exist on the team otherwise, other than being the young archer that wanted to play super team

Maybe Roy will join the Light and eventually YJ will have to deal with him at some point. It could be a great finale. That or Superboy dying like in the TT storyline...

Charlatanized said:
As a DC fan, I am really enjoying this show. So far it hasn't nailed the emotional gravitas that Justice League & Unlimited sometimes had (but to be fair, those series had a leg up--some viewers were already attached to the characters as pop culture icons). Unlimited paved the way for really utilizing the DC universe; it left the door wide open & this show is walking right in. Doing a damn fine job so far.

Catchphrase aside, I'm finding Megan the most sympathetic character. Everybody has their moments, but I hope we've seen the worst of Superboy's angsty side.

So who do we think is part of "the Light?" Doctor Light seems obvious. It looked like a bald head taking charge during the first episode--could have been Luthor or Doctor Light's helmet. I thought I saw the outline of Star Sapphire's mask in this episode & I'm guessing the silhouette talking about "twice is coincidence" was Two Face. Any guesses? Or am I missing something really obvious?

I think as of this ep, The Brain (of Mallah and The Brain fame) is a lock.

Also, get used to Superboy's emotional immaturity. He was just "born" days/weeks ago. I see it at least next season before he gets a handle on it.

Ok, its been bugging me and no one brought it up, Superboy eavesdrops on Bane when he's talking to his men (when they are all tied up) and smiles when he hears Bane's plans, but he does absolutely nothing with that information. Does he not understand Spanish and if he doesn't, why the smile? Or did he understand, and still didn't care enough to warn the rest of his teammates?

magnificent83 said:
Ok, its been bugging me and no one brought it up, Superboy eavesdrops on Bane when he's talking to his men (when they are all tied up) and smiles when he hears Bane's plans, but he does absolutely nothing with that information. Does he not understand Spanish and if he doesn't, why the smile? Or did he understand, and still didn't care enough to warn the rest of his teammates?
YEAH! I was confused by that to. o_O

Maybe he did do something and I'm just not remembering it correctly.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Parallax said:

That's odd introducing here late at the show o_O

Loving this show. But I cant stand every time Megan is in a scene shes reminding us how she wants to jump super boys bones... I would have preferred the sillyness of Starfire from the older teen titans series, or a more bad ass female role like raven in that series... I just hope Artemis will end up being a much better female role then Megan...

Anyone know who is doing the animation for this? All the stuff coming out of DC all looks like the people who did the Boondocks lol

SnakeSlashRO said:
Anyone know who is doing the animation for this? All the stuff coming out of DC all looks like the people who did the Boondocks lol

It is the same people, MOI Animation. They were doing DC stuff before the Boondocks though.

yencid

SnakeSlashRO said:
Loving this show. But I cant stand every time Megan is in a scene shes reminding us how she wants to jump super boys bones... I would have preferred the sillyness of Starfire from the older teen titans series, or a more bad ass female role like raven in that series... I just hope Artemis will end up being a much better female role then Megan...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warner_Bros._Animation

:p

EDIT: ahhh understood wrong :eek:

it is indeed them.

Ezalc

Show is awesome, but every time I hear HELLO MEGAN! I want to put my foot down that bitch's throat. Holy shit is that annoying. Also when is the archer chick getting introduced? They're taking too long with this.

Penguin

Friday bump

Make this look slightly meatier

Synopsis:
Superboy’s anger over his non-relationship with Superman is getting out of control. He refuses to train with Black Canary, and when the team faces an opponent that even the Justice League had trouble defeating, the Boy of Steel goes rogue.

Clip? Black Canary schools the boys (and girl) in the art of fighting, and Superboy "helps" Superman save some people on a bridge.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30656

1296754752.jpg

Top Bottom