• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Kreed

Sure it does. They were keeping secrets vital to team safety on the side until the very end of season one, and again during season two. They werent upfront with miss martian wiping not only the minds of enemies, but even going so far as to try to wipe kons as well. And they held on to that last secret for a while. Who knows who else she could have altered? Lagaan? Gar?

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I believe the reason Miss Martian and Super Boy got left out on the secret was because Wally, Aqualad, and Nightwing were the original sidekicks excluding Speedy, so they had a closer bond/friendship since they've known each other even before Young Justice existed (Artemis being included for obvious reasons). If trust was the real reason for who did/didn't know the secret, then Robin and Bat Girl could have been brought in on the plan.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I believe the reason Miss Martian and Super Boy got left out on the secret was because Wally, Aqualad, and Nightwing were the original sidekicks excluding Speedy, so they had a closer bond/friendship since they've known each other even before Young Justice existed (Artemis being included for obvious reasons). If trust was the real reason for who did/didn't know the secret, then Robin and Bat Girl could have been brought in on the plan.

except telling the other bat family members doesnt serve a point either. the only people that knew were people directly involved. would telling psionics help? sure it would. but outside of artemis, the other two held onto major secrets that could have messed up the team dynamic as well as the safety of others. they eventually came clean, but we see that they also held onto some serious stuff as well. dick probably took all that in mind when decided who should be told. wally has been trustworthy and is no longer a hero anyway, and the others like i mentioned are directly involved. there would be no point in telling the others.

Slayven

They put in Green Beetle because Peace Maker was too awesome.

510938-peacemaker_bb.jpg

tumblr_m1tszgJgaP1qmupydo1_500.png

tumblr_m1snidkmJ91qmupydo1_500.png

Tizoc

I roled my eyes at that Tigress "Here's what you missed" inner monologue and that Reach commercial. Yummy corny beef!

About that, I think the show was intended to be 12 eps, a break then the remaining 8 episodes. As such her monologue would be interpeted as a 'catch up/previously on YJ'.

true, but aren't multiple aliens invading? we know so little about what everyone's plans are, it feels like episodes have a tiny bit of info to advance the plot and the rest is mindless filler.

Way I see it there WERE multiple aliens who wanted to profit from the metagene, but in the end the Reach managed to win.
If anything, the whole plot of the Light seems to be
to profit off of mankinds potentiel and make mankind a known and feared species throughout the galaxy. As far as human advancement goes...I find that impressive, even if they're the villains
...and I don't mind the slow pace so long as we get character interactions which I really like.

Speaking of which, its a shame this seaosn is only 20 episodes, it would've been best if it was 26 eps for Season 2 and 13 for Season 3. Season 2 would help build up the new cast and eventually introduce the Reach. Season 13 would resolve the whole Reach and Invasion elements.

The wait this show is written, I'll be surprised if he wasn't a villain, acting as a hero, acting as villain. Some kind of convoluted triple agent.

SykoTech

Okay guys, we can oficially kiss the show good bye.
If it is not a returning show in a Upfront press release, this means it's over. The same thing happened to Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2...elease-lists-new-and-returning-network-shows/

At this point, it would not be surprising. Still disappointing of course. But sadly, I'm kinda used to my favorite cartoons getting cancelled at Season 2 these days (Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, etc.).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Best DC cartoon ever outside BTAS, rest in peace. :(

Really hope Beware the Batman delivers.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Both shows though? I always figured they planned to keep GL going for a while longer, it has more mass market appeal than YJ IMO. It's just a simpler show (not a bad thing, but YJ is pretty convoluted if you're just getting into it.)

Doesn't help they never air reruns of either, I guess.

Seriously fuck CN. Fuck Mattel for making their nitty overpriced toys. Ou don't ducking do this. The new shows they are touting make me absolutely sick to my stomach.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc DEAD
Young Justice DEAD
Green Lantern DEAD
Tron Uprising DEAD

Everything I love is DEAD.

I guess there's still Korra. =/

I hope anime comes back in style and fucks over all these American animation companies. Seriously fuck Time Warner, Turner Broadcaating, Annoying Orange. The only reason Disney hasn't destroyed these wastes of spec yet is they have Jeph freakin Loeb running their tv department.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Toonami is rising to the heavens, slowly but surely. There's already a lot more anime on TV than a year ago because of it.

Brickhunt

GL not being there makes me suspicious, I doubt they would have cancelled that too.
I would believe this if it were not the fact the Green Lantern movie was a flop both critically and in box office. Had the movie been success and a sequel announced, I have no doubt they would have continued the show to capitalize on the movies. The fact that there is a CGi Batman Cartoon is pretty much a sign of replacement.

I can only hope that this time, the story Weissman wanted to tell with Young Justice does get told and wrapped up nicely by the time season 2 end. I'm tired of his shows getting constantly screwed, leaving up unfinished stories. I can tolerate a network cancelling a show the staff managed to finish the story, but leaving unfinished stories makes me really rage (I'm looking at Thundercats and Sym-Bionic Titan, FUCK YOU Cartoon Network)

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc DEAD
Young Justice DEAD
Green Lantern DEAD
Tron Uprising DEAD

Everything I love is DEAD.

I guess there's still Korra. =/

If korra is your last hope I feel for you. at least motorcity didnt make your list. That still stings

What about ThunderCats?

I'm assuming that's kaput as well?

Thunder cats and its running mate generator Rex are both done. Only Rex got an ending.

Mononofu

I would believe this if it were not the fact the Green Lantern movie was a flop both critically and in box office. Had the movie been success and a sequel announced, I have no doubt they would have continued the show to capitalize on the movies. The fact that there is a CGi Batman Cartoon is pretty much a sign of replacement.

I can only hope that this time, the story Weissman wanted to tell with Young Justice does get told and wrapped up nicely by the time season 2 end. I'm tired of his shows getting constantly screwed, leaving up unfinished stories. I can tolerate a network cancelling a show the staff managed to finish the story, but leaving unfinished stories makes me really rage (I'm looking at Thundercats and Sym-Bionic Titan, FUCK YOU Cartoon Network)

Ding Ding Ding! And we have a winner.

The Light stuff will probably get resolved. I could totally see another big bad being set up for the hypothetical season 3.

Brickhunt

For those who are still optimistic. Here goes a bit of hope. A Tweet by Worldfinest, the first to show the Upfront press release:
https://twitter.com/worldsfinest

"@worldsfines: Cartoon Network stated: "...We still have premieres for both those shows and are committed to excellent action programming...""

In my bitter experience with cancelled animated shows. That statement likely refers that they still have episodes left to air. I wouldn't hold any hope of these shows getting renewed.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Judging by how lone they are taking to air the final 11 episodes I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason it was on the list.

99% sure that's the case. Most of the crew moved onto other shows almost a year ago.

Averon

Not surprised at all. With the way CN was handling YJ, the writing was on the wall. I'll just enjoy the remaining episodes of YJ and swear off any future CN shows.

Mononofu

So, Annoying Orange returns but not Young Justice? wow...

The series was rated as the most viewed web series of February and March 2010 by Mashable, with over 52 million views.[6][7] On April 26, 2010, the series had over 108 million views on YouTube.[1][8][9] In June 2010, the channel had received 137 million views.[5] By August 13, 2010, it received had 1 million subscribers. On June 2011, the channel was ranked as the eighth most subscribed and 30th most viewed, with more than 2,000,000 subscribers.[10][11] On January 13, 2012, the series hit 1 billion channel views and 2.3 million subscribers.[12][13

Disturbing Isn't it?

Top Bottom