• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Ducarmel

But yet Aretimis was in on it and she was in on a similar road last season.

Just guess on my part but being the girlfriend to his closest friend and under Aqualad's watchful eye probably ultimately made him decide it was a good idea. It also would technically not reduce their active roster since she was retired.

Lol'd so hard at the Reach commercial. Amazing that people would be so willing to drink something manufactured by LexCorp and aliens that landed within a month.

And Superboy has no right to talk, he knew what Megann was doing first and didnt say shit.

Just guess on my part but being the girlfriend to his closest friend and under Aqualad's watchful eye probably ultimately made him decide it was a good idea. It also would technically not reduce their active roster since she was retired.

Never dug that reasoning though of her being there because of wally cause it seems cheap but hey.

@ bold: but she came back to the team publicly, before that stunt happened. If she went in without that display it could have made things a bit easier to swallow but i guess something else would have had to be done to make Aqualad look like he was full villian.

Creepy smile was damn creepy.

tumblr_mh8qfdYAUc1ryv3uoo1_500.gif

yeah shitty tumblr gif

Khezu

The only good characters on this show are,

Aqualad and his Dad.
Deathstroke.
Sportsmaster family, this includes Wally, and clone Roy.
Lex.

Everyone else is either terrible, or barely passable.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Aqualad and his Dad.
Deathstroke.
Lex.

Wally man. Its criminal that he Isnt more involved in some form..

Ducarmel

Never dug that reasoning though of her being there because of wally cause it seems cheap but hey.

@ bold: but she came back to the team publicly, before that stunt happened. If she went in without that display it could have made things a bit easier to swallow but i guess something else would have had to be done to make Aqualad look like he was full villian.

Another possibility she is human, with the exception of Batgirl all the other females have powers or enhanced abilities most likely known to the Light. It probably was easy to make up an identity for a highly skilled woman, vs making up a story for a person with the same powers/enhanced abilities of a justice league member that was just killed.

Huh, wish they would've showed that in the show. Thanks.

seems it was more of a nod to the comic fans since young justice is in its own universe but yea they could have maybe explained the YJ version of the character.

Overall the guy was mostly forgotten for some reason and it wasn't until recently he resurfaced.

Watch Batman: Under the Red Hood. It's on Netflix and is about the Jason Todd death plus the aftermath. It's a great animated film.

I recommend this one also. Great Joker too.

I third this. Probably the best animated Batman film in recent years.

Best movie DC has put out, including live action.

i should really watch this especially if the joker is cool post Hamill (the YJ one is just sad though i give him some props for kinda trying)

BadAss2961

I loved Under The Red Hood and agree that The Dark Knight Returns is probably better, especially if you look at both parts as one.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
That doesn't make sense though.

Sure it does. They were keeping secrets vital to team safety on the side until the very end of season one, and again during season two. They werent upfront with miss martian wiping not only the minds of enemies, but even going so far as to try to wipe kons as well. And they held on to that last secret for a while. Who knows who else she could have altered? Lagaan? Gar?

This show is moving too slowly. They have some idea of the Reach's plan so the main JL's need to get back to earth and make a move.

Also what are Lex and Savage going to get out of this invasion ? Their intentions need to be shown. How many more times are the light going to have meetings saying "its all going according to plan" without viewers even knowing what the plan is ?

I'm not sure if I am being harsh, it's just the show is ending soon right..? I just don't know how they are going to fit it all in.

I want to see more of the boss figures in action rather than talking.

Tizoc

Gonna watch ep. 13 soon but let me just say that having watched 11 and 12:
I MISSED THIS GODLY SHOW IN MY LIFE!

I swear this is tie-ing with Batman Brave and the Bold as the best DC animated series if not Superhero series.

I seriously don't know how this'll end, how will the good guys triumph?
Also Arsenal is a jerk.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Aqualad and his Dad.
Deathstroke.
Lex.

Tim Drake yo.

This show is moving too slowly. They have some idea of the Reach's plan so the main JL's need to get back to earth and make a move.

Also what are Lex and Savage going to get out of this invasion ? Their intentions need to be shown. How many more times are the light going to have meetings saying "its all going according to plan" without viewers even knowing what the plan is ?

I'm not sure if I am being harsh, it's just the show is ending soon right..? I just don't know how they are going to fit it all in.

that's an understatement. they have thirteen episodes left (maybe less) and we're still no closer to knowing more about the invasion outside of what the juice does.

let's get a damn move on.

Tizoc

^...but The Reach have already invaded~

I dunno who the Green Scarab is but I'm liking him. The creepy smile cracked me up XD.

Impulse and Blue Beetle are the best bros ever.
Also it would appear that Lex is preparing his own Infinity Inc.~

^...but The Reach have already invaded~

I dunno who the Green Scarab is but I'm liking him. The creepy smile cracked me up XD.

Impulse and Blue Beetle are the best bros ever.
Also it would appear that Lex is preparing his own Infinity Inc.~

true, but aren't multiple aliens invading? we know so little about what everyone's plans are, it feels like episodes have a tiny bit of info to advance the plot and the rest is mindless filler.

suaveric

that's an understatement. they have thirteen episodes left (maybe less) and we're still no closer to knowing more about the invasion outside of what the juice does.

let's get a damn move on.

7 episodes left I believe. At this rate they're going to wrap up the whole thing in the last 1-2 episodes and it's going to feel totally rushed.

Mononofu

true, but aren't multiple aliens invading? we know so little about what everyone's plans are, it feels like episodes have a tiny bit of info to advance the plot and the rest is mindless filler.

Hey now lets not get crazy. The shows pace is definitely slow but there are seven episodes left in the season. Plenty of time for a proper conclusion.

ZoddGutts

Aqualad and his Dad.
Deathstroke.
Lex.

These two things have been my main problem with the show since day one. Still good but it could have been so much better.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also a big fan. Much better than the comic book explanation of having an alternate universe Superman punch a dimensional barrier really hard.

It made sense in the context of Infinite Crisis but is one of those "lol comics" things everyone makes fun of.

Thankfully in the New 52, the Under the Red Hood explanation was made canon.

It made sense in the context of Infinite Crisis but is one of those "lol comics" things everyone makes fun of.

Thankfully in the New 52, the Under the Red Hood explanation was made canon.

Eh the reason was shit even in context.

Not sure why they didn't use the New 52 version in the first fucking place.

SmokeMaxX

7 episodes left I believe. At this rate they're going to wrap up the whole thing in the last 1-2 episodes and it's going to feel totally rushed.

Easy solution. Have CN delay the final episode for 6 months. Then introduce a time skip summarizing what went down.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Eh the reason was shit even in context.

Not sure why they didn't use the New 52 version in the first fucking place.

Crossover appeal I would assume. Shoehorning a plot about Ra's wouldn't have made sense with everything going on back then, but saying "welp, universe punch did it!" means the setup is built-in.

Top Bottom