• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Okay guys, we can oficially kiss the show good bye.
If it is not a returning show in a Upfront press release, this means it's over. The same thing happened to Sym-Bionic Titan and Thundercats.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2...elease-lists-new-and-returning-network-shows/

wow.

Looks like the party is over *pours 40*

What about ThunderCats?

I'm assuming that's kaput as well?

Has been and hopefully it stays that way (that shit was fucking garbage)

Is Ben 10: Omniverse at risk also? The show is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Ben 10 is one of their cash cows so its safe (unless omniverse is doing really bad some how)

Makonero

That's so sad. I'm not interested in yet another Batman show, CG or no. And Teen Titans is a rehash, so no thanks there either. I wish they'd make a Booster Gold show, or Plastic Man, or Blue Beetle or something.

jph139

I can roll with 46 episodes... I'd have loved to see another season, but two long ones is respectable. Better than a lot of shows get - Sym-Bionic Titan got less than half that, Spectacular got barely more than Titan, and looks like Green Lantern is getting the same treatment there.

Nearly 50 episodes for a Weisman show is better than I expected out the outset, honestly!

So young justice is getting canned? It was the best show on CN since they did Justice League, Justice League Unlimited and Teen Titans.

Psh Im done.

Damn I'm just finishing up the first season right now. It's really good too. Is cartoon network just incompetent or are the ratings just really bad for the good shows on it?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Looks like the crew have known for a while.

vSxFdfi.png

https://twitter.com/Giancarlo_Volpe

Sucks.

Brickhunt

Damn I'm just finishing up the first season right now. It's really good too. Is cartoon network just incompetent or are the ratings just really bad for the good shows on it?

The ratings were good. The problem is that YJ's episodes are clearly not cheap to produce and the income has to come from products tied in. Considering that Young Justice: Invasion had a toyline (usually the main one) and a comic book cancelled. The incoming ratings were not enough.

Gartooth

Upsetting to hear, but I had a hunch for a long time due to both the incredibly awkward scheduling and delays of both shows, as well as the fact that CN already has two shows lined up to take their place on DC Nation. (Beware the Batman and Teen Titans GO!)

Edit: Oh yeah and everyone should definitely check out TMNT if they haven't already. Easily my favorite "superhero" animated series that is out right now.

Thats cold.

Yep.

Upsetting to hear, but I had a hunch for a long time due to both the incredibly awkward scheduling and delays of both shows, as well as the fact that CN already has two shows lined up to take their place on DC Nation. (Beware the Batman and Teen Titans GO!)

Edit: Oh yeah and everyone should definitely check out TMNT if they haven't already. Easily my favorite "superhero" animated series that is out right now.

To be fair most in here feared the worse especially when that last hiatus happened but i think there was still a slight hope from here as well.

i'm fucking tired of batman. how many fucking shows can they make about the same damn fucking character? can we at least get fucking superman or wonder woman or some other shit?! and then to twist that knife even deeper they fucking bring back Teen Titans GO?! today's kids suck. hope they fucking enjoy their fucking rotting orange or whatever the fuck it is. so fucking mad right now. why even bother to thry and go into animation to do good action shows if they'll just pull the rug from under you. fucking fucks. FUCK.

evilwart

i'm fucking tired of batman. how many fucking shows can they make about the same damn fucking character? can we at least get fucking superman or wonder woman or some other shit?! and then to twist that knife even deeper they fucking bring back Teen Titans GO?! today's kids suck. hope they fucking enjoy their fucking rotting orange or whatever the fuck it is. so fucking mad right now. why even bother to thry and go into animation to do good action shows if they'll just pull the rug from under you. fucking fucks. FUCK.

Batman is the safe DC character; 4 different shows + numerous movies over the past 20 years. Any form of Batman media is a guaranteed success. Everything else is a risk.

Brickhunt

Is Ben 10: Omniverse at risk also? The show is a guilty pleasure of mine.
Don't worry about it. 50 episodes has been already produced and more 10 are currently in the work. This is a show that even if it gets cancelled, it definitively ends up wrapped up.

Too bad that, when we don't need to worry about the show not having enough episodes, CN still find a way to screw up viewers by airing the episodes out of order.

sca2511

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Guess there's only Korra left.

Khezu

I had come to terms with this awhile ago, it was clear DC/CN/WB w/e were not going to continue with YJ and GL.

I'm just pissed there replacing it with more Teen Titans bullshit.

Penguin

Batman is the safe DC character; 4 different shows + numerous movies over the past 20 years. Any form of Batman media is a guaranteed success. Everything else is a risk.

That's both a blessing and a curse

The DC DTVs.. are on a Batman/Superman/Justice League (with Superman/Batman) on rotation
And now DC won't even try to push shows without Batman or is kid's friendly.. as I assume Teen Titans GO! will replace YJ

Fuck Teen Titans Go. Should've been SBFF at the very least.

Greg Weissman, I don't know how the brah doesn't hang up the typewriter getting ducked like this....

Mononofu

Teen Titans Go! is a win win for the network

Established fanbase - check
Merchandi$e - check
Cheap production values - double check

Top Bottom