• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Justice: The Animated Series

evilwart

That's both a blessing and a curse

The DC DTVs.. are on a Batman/Superman/Justice League (with Superman/Batman) on rotation
And now DC won't even try to push shows without Batman or is kid's friendly.. as I assume Teen Titans GO! will replace YJ

DC have failed pretty badly at making their characters popular. Superman and Wonder Woman are as well-known as Batman, yet DC have failed to establish them in modern media. And they should literally copy Marvel with how to push their B-tier heroes, like Flash and Green Lantern, into the mainstream.

Averon

DC have failed pretty badly at making their characters popular. Superman and Wonder Woman are as well-known as Batman, yet DC have failed to establish them in modern media. And they should literally copy Marvel with how to push their B-tier heroes, like Flash and Green Lantern, into the mainstream.

They utterly failed with GL, though. I don't think the current leadership at WB knows how to to push DC characters other than Batman and Superman.

ReiGun

They utterly failed with GL, though. I don't think the current leadership at WB knows how to to push DC characters other than Batman and Superman.
Which is a shame, cause they were doing so well with GL. They just couldn't get the movie right, which was the most important part.

evilwart

Even their last Superman film failed. They need Man of Steel and Justice League to succeed. If they fail, it'd mean another 5+ years of nothing but Batman.

Eidan

It must really suck to be a fan of something that's fate is tied to children's toy sales. I feel for you guys. Seriously.

Penguin

Meh don't think they need to copy Marvel, but they have had so many chances to expand their core characters

Could have spun out a Wonder Woman or Flash animated series after Justice League Unlimited
Well we did get a Green Arrow show eventually.. wasn't from Smallville... though I think more of a blessing now
Let's not talk about their last attempt at Wonder Woman
The DC Shorts (both in front of the movies and in the DC Nation) have been great..but they canned the movie ones.. and the only show they created from the exposure.. was a reboot of a show they aired like a decade ago...

Flash

ah totally expected though. They truly ruined the show, I can't even muster up enough interest to finish episodes these days. Whereas earlier in the season I was ridiculously hyped. But honestly when you think about it, YJ should have been it a perfect fit. Poor scheduling combined with the serialized nature of the show made it hard to watch. Maybe a 2-3 episode arcs (like JLU) are better suited for animated shows?

Sad about GL too...they only got a season and it was a damned good show. I

This is unfortunate. This show was pretty much superior to everything DC has put out other than the Timm-verse. It had potential to reach that level too if it got the same kind of support with spin-offs and such.

abundant

Why does this show get cancelled and crap like Ultimate Spider-Man gets to continue ='(
I know Disney and Cartoon Network difference =/

Why do people always ask these types of question whenever a show is canceled? The answers easy, Spiderman is one of Marvel's biggest properties., way bigger then YJ.

Strike

a9wimcics8x.gif

Mononofu

ah totally expected though. They truly ruined the show, I can't even muster up enough interest to finish episodes these days. Whereas earlier in the season I was ridiculously hyped. But honestly when you think about it, YJ should have been it a perfect fit. Poor scheduling combined with the serialized nature of the show made it hard to watch. Maybe a 2-3 episode arcs (like JLU) are better suited for animated shows?

Sad about GL too...they only got a season and it was a damned good show. I

That would be a valid reason if viewership was down.

Saturday Morning (7-11 a.m.) animated action-adventure programming was up double digits across all key kids and boys vs. last year, ranging between 12% and 36%. Premiere episodes of original series Ben 10: Omniverse (9 a.m.), Star Wars: The Clone Wars (9:30 a.m.), Green Lantern (10 a.m.) and Young Justice: Invasion (10:30 a.m.) grew by double and triple digits across kids/boys 2-11, 6-11 & 9-14, ranging between 33% and 119%.

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2013/01/10/green-lantern-the-animated-series-young-justice-invasion-cartoon-network-ratings-update/

Xzeon

Banned
Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc DEAD
Young Justice DEAD
Green Lantern DEAD
Tron Uprising DEAD

Everything I love is DEAD.

I guess there's still Korra. =/

well...

RETURNING SERIES/SPECIALS
• Adventure Time
• Regular Show
• Annoying Orange
• MAD
• The Amazing World of Gumball
• The Looney Tunes Show
• Ben 10 Omniverse
• Dreamworks Dragons: Riders of Berk
• Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc.
• Johnny Test
• Pokémon Black & White: Adventures in Unova
• Beyblade Metal Fury
• Almost Naked Animals
• Scaredy Squirrel

MEH@CN
MEH@DC
MEH@DC AND CN DEAL

I hope CG Batman dies next <_<

ive never seen a bad batman cartoon. just hoping the CG work isnt as trash as transformers and green lantern.

Sucks :(

Korra isn't close to being as good as any of those shows either.

ha. oh boy.

On Topic:

YJ was in such a dead zone that nobody should be surprised by this news. i still watch but hell if i even understand whats going on anymore after all this time travel business and those 3-month-long breaks between episodes.

Xzeon

Banned
Scooby-Doo is dead. Most of the staff already move on to Beware the Batman and Omniverse. The Press Release likely refers to the remaining Season 2 episodes that these clusterfucks from CN should had aired in 2012 to begin with.

oh.

CN is so bad with shows. CN, FOX and MTV are like the holy trinity of networks that cancel/ruin a massive amount of shows.

Kreed

Not really surprised. We knew the new Batman and Teen Titan shows were coming, and there was no way they were making the DC Nation block 2 hours after the October/November DC Nation hiatus. Although I thought the new Batman show had another year before it was starting and the Green Lantern show would hold it's spot until it premiered with another season, but oh well. Hopefully the animators of Young Justice were prepared for the season not to continue and didn't leave too many cliffhangers.

I want to punch the people involved in taking YJ off the air. A big F U to them! Really mad about this. Lost another show to watch during the week. :(

SykoTech

I also recommend the new TMNT show to anyone looking for a good cartoon. Great stuff. And since the toys seem to be selling well, it might not get canned in it's prime like so many other shows recently.

Greg Weissman, I don't know how the brah doesn't hang up the typewriter getting ducked like this....

Tell me about it. First Spectacular Spider-Man, now this. Then there was Gargoyles ages ago. His shows are so good, but it aways seems to end the same. :/

We also have Ultimate Spider-Man, oh, oh wait.....

Lmao. Saw some commericals fo Season 2 an decided to finally give it another try. Maybe things had improved with the start of a new season. Lol, nope. Well, at least it being on Season 2 now means that its cancellation is on the horizon. Would probably take a miracle for a Marvel cartoon to make it to Season 3 these days.

I do have some mild interest in seeing how the new Hulk and Avengers cartoons turn out though.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
im upset by this. but i always knew yound justice was gonna get screwed due to the title alone. then i hear wiseman is on it... and it was just time to enjoy the ride.

evilwart

Returns or the animated one? Because the animated one sucked.

Superman Returns. It wasn't a terrible and it did decently at the box office, but it mustn't have been successful enough. I imagine if it were there would have been at least a trilogy of Superman films and probably a new Superman animated series at some point.

Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc DEAD
Young Justice DEAD
Green Lantern DEAD
Tron Uprising DEAD

Everything I love is DEAD.

I guess there's still Korra. =/

Tron was always supposed to just be a mini-series. Hell, it was only gonna be 11 episodes before the ordered more.

And Korra isn't as good as any of those, watch TMNT and TP instead.

OH, and your ava changed. :eek:

I just want to give time time to thank Greg for pushing characters like Blue Beetle, Lagoon Boy, Aqualad and other underused brahs. Mattel, go fuck yourselves and your shitty toys. CN, your terrible and myopic shows will be the death of you. Disney is going to evicerate you once Loebs tenure is over. So many great characters to be used, so many great stories ready to be told, so many great moments and memories to be had. Such shitty people running a beautiful industry.

Raxus

Since you mentioned Loeb I just wanted to verbalize how frustrated I am at the guy. He is a hair away from 'getting it' sometimes but still misses the mark completely. Ultimate Spiderman COULD have been something special, the Avengers COULD have been great. Instead we get unmemorable schlock. I remember the fallout Ultimate Spiderman had. I really feel bad for the people involved since they clearly put a ton of time into something that completely missed the point.

Since you mentioned Loeb I just wanted to verbalize how frustrated I am at the guy. He is a hair away from 'getting it' sometimes but still misses the mark completely. Ultimate Spiderman COULD have been something special, the Avengers COULD have been great. Instead we get unmemorable schlock. I remember the fallout Ultimate Spiderman had. I really feel bad for the people involved since they clearly put a ton of time into something that completely missed the point.

didn't he create a massively inferior character trying to pass him as Nova?

if so then fuck that guy.

Top Bottom